• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bogus hospital website uses $11k salary bait to lure expats

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thursday, Nov 22, 2012
The Star/Asia News Network
By Audrey Edwards
PETALING JAYA - A "virtual hospital" is the latest scam targeting prospective expatriates into parting with their money by getting them to pay for Malaysian visas upfront.

The fake Dutamas Hospital offered salaries of more than US$9,000 (S$11,023) per month for executive jobs, in addition to holidays, accommodation and other perks to lure victims.

If they take the bait, they would be asked to pay thousands of ringgit upfront as visa and contract fees.

Its website, created early this month, displayed detailed information including address, contact numbers and a list of doctors.

Canadian public relations manager Myriah Lesko is among those who have received emails informing her of vacancies at "Dutamas Hospital" several weeks ago.

She sent in her resume and cover letter and received a reply on Saturday.

"I received an email saying that I have been granted the post of Pharmaceutical Manager, without an interview, without a job description, without anything. They even sent the contract. So I called the recruiter whose name and address was given," she told The Star via email.

She said she was offered a salary of more than US$9,000 (S$11,023) per month, holidays, accommodation and other perks.

Byline: Audrey Edwards.
Publication: The Star/Asia News Network.