• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Billions in "Reserves", Millions for FTrasg, But $300 for Destitute Family.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Poor mother and daughter felt like ‘animals in a zoo’[/h]
dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
September 8th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

Mdm Choo, 48 years old, is unemployed for past six months due to her second surgery and she is not able to stand for long working hours. She is staying with her 78 years old mother, depending on government grant of $300 a month.

Capture15.jpg

When I visited them today, both of them cried and share with me how they spent their days for past six months. The old mother went from Commonwealth all the way to Raffles Place MRT just to sell tissue to earn both their daily expenses, and most of the time she only manage to get $10 to $20 a day.

Her daughter’s medical bills can no longer use CPF as they don’t have enough funds inside to support anymore, as such they have to pay by cash even after the government subsidize.

Capture16.jpg

Their rental flat do not have much furniture… When I went it was a little messy but considered quite clean compared to many families that I had visited in the past. Both of them are simple minded and hope that kind souls out there can assist them to pull through this difficult period.

They are now weary of strangers approaching them as previously a volunteer group published their address online, resulting in a series of events that attracted many strangers visiting them daily and questioning them on their situation.

Mdm Choo tells me she felt like “animals in the zoo” and their life is being affected. I had assured them that they will not be disturbed and ask them not to worry so much.

8152301_orig-640x480.jpg

If any of you wish to lend a hand to this family, do PM us in Facebook Inbox for more information. Thank you so much.

Sebastian Seah

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without Vivian's generosity she be receiving only $260.00,
she jolly well be grateful.

So with that $260/ mth is this enough for :

A) 3 meals at a restaurant everyday

b) 3 meals at a hawker center everyday

C) All of the above

D) None of the above cos these Sinkie do not need to eat

Multiple choice question, easy lar! LoL

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
So with that $260/ mth is this enough for :

A) 3 meals at a restaurant everyday

b) 3 meals at a hawker center everyday

C) All of the above

D) None of the above cos these Sinkie do not need to eat

Multiple choice question, easy lar! LoL

Got to ask Rear Admiral Teo..............what does he think?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
$300 is an appropriate sum.

If she was given $1000 per month or more, it would be a slap in the face of those who have to work 12 hours a day for the same amount.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$300 is an appropriate sum.

If she was given $1000 per month or more, it would be a slap in the face of those who have to work 12 hours a day for the same amount.

if u need to work 12 hours a day just to earn $1000 in a first world country,i say u probably need to be on welfare or start a riot.nothing achieves results faster than a riot or a strike.....the tiongs have showed us the way but sinkies are too balless to see.....one strike and straightaway smrt raised wages for tiong drivers,improved their living conditions and cut working hours.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
if u need to work 12 hours a day just to earn $1000 in a first world country,i say u probably need to be on welfare or start a riot.nothing achieves results faster than a riot or a strike.....the tiongs have showed us the way but sinkies are too balless to see.....one strike and straightaway smrt raised wages for tiong drivers,improved their living conditions and cut working hours.

Singapore is first world country but that does not mean it has to be a welfare state.

If those who work 12 hours a day earn $1000 or less, it simply means that sum is the market rate for that particular job.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is first world country but that does not mean it has to be a welfare state.

If those who work 12 hours a day earn $1000 or less, it simply means that sum is the market rate for that particular job.

that is complete and utter bullshit....market rate my ass....everyone knows if the company or owner could hire a bunch of monkeys as employees and pay them with peanuts and bananas or cake,they would do it in a heartbeat.....they will squeeze u and exploit u until there was nothing left to squeeze.....

why did u think smrt had to go to some godforsaken village in China to source for drivers?even the 3rd world tiongs themselves knew they were getting exploited working 12 hours a day for $1000 and living in bangra like conditions.....

but the tiongs knew one thing,if they stood together and bind together with each other,they were stronger and had tremendous bargaining power.....some of them were deported but they managed to fuck the greedy smrt fuckers and give them the middle finger....

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
that is complete and utter bullshit....market rate my ass....everyone knows if the company or owner could hire a bunch of monkeys as employees and pay them with peanuts and bananas or cake,they would do it in a heartbeat.....they will squeeze u and exploit u until there was nothing left to squeeze.....

How much a person earns depends upon the demand for his/her skills and the supply of people qualified to do the job.

Security guards are paid peanuts because just about anyone, monkeys included, can do the job. It requires no special skills.

On the other hand a skilled plastic surgeon can charge $20,000 per boob job. Demand for bigger boobs is high. The supply of skilled surgeons is limited.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like to self-carress but my dick is still not 7 inches yet...dun talk cock lah, boss...:biggrin::rolleyes:

How much a person earns depends upon the demand for his/her skills and the supply of people qualified to do the job.

Security guards are paid peanuts because just about anyone, monkeys included, can do the job. It requires no special skills.

On the other hand a skilled plastic surgeon can charge $20,000 per boob job. Demand for bigger boobs is high. The supply of skilled surgeons is limited.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dr Susan Lim, she must have than been wrongly found Guilty
for over charging the Royals of Brunei base on your support of
skilled Doctors.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

which is why australia is paradise.....when the minimum wage is $16 an hour no one cares.....even if ur job is flipping burgers at mickey dees or mopping the floor in toilets or picking fruit or driving a garbage truck in melbourne cbd.....everybody wants to do the job.....everybody wants to go to australia.....australia is the mecca for
immigrants....u can truly find immigrants from every corner of the world.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Dr Susan Lim, she must have than been wrongly found Guilty
for over charging the Royals of Brunei base on your support of
skilled Doctors.

I'm not familiar with the case but I assume that the medical board that controls singapore registered doctors has imposed some sort of upper limit per procedure.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
which is why australia is paradise.....when the minimum wage is $16 an hour no one cares.....even if ur job is flipping burgers at mickey dees or mopping the floor in toilets or picking fruit or driving a garbage truck in melbourne cbd.....everybody wants to do the job.....everybody wants to go to australia.....australia is the mecca for
immigrants....u can truly find immigrants from every corner of the world.

Yeah that's why I left. It's even worse than NZ. My taxes were being used to support binge drinking, dope smoking, useless, stinking Abos.