• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware of scam & cheating case!!!

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. The TS has a case and the Police should take up the case. The salesman impersonated the Civil Defence which is a government agency. I think the penalties are quite harsh for this.

The whole department can stand witness that this guy claimed to be civil defence. I think that is good enough for the court.

Write to the press. Our Police damn fucking cb idle.

Don't blame the police. Probably he went to the police station and instead of stating point blank that it's a case of someone impersonating a civil servant in a Security Ministry, he went there to KPKB about being cheated and diffused the real issue. Of course anyone buying something which he felt cheated or overcharged should go to CASE - not the police.

From his posting, the evidence of impersonation is not so strong.

But his posting of such cases is good for the rest to be wary of this David Lee or James Ng, and we should thank him for this. The next time, the David and James may be transformed into an Elvis Lee and a Presley Ng.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow can't believe this. They plotted and schemed, and talked so much with powerful presentations and strong oratory and all - just to make $100 off you people. What a joke.

Gd morning to all bros here. I am making this posting to warn bros who might happened to run into similar situation, and so, please take note and beware!

My office is in town and last week one James Ng (83567902) called my office and told our secretary that one guy by the name David Lee (90453844) who is from the Civil Defence will be calling our office to give a talk on fire safety.

On the appointed date, this David Lee came wearing a lanyard with a ID cardd, but it was turned the other way. Our secretary then told eveybody including myself that everybody must attend the talk. So we sit in the talk.

During the talk this David Lee showed us presentation on his Mac book, statistic of incidents of fire reported over the years by Civil Defence, pictures of badly burnt fire victims, the death of the brother and sister at the Hougang fire last year, video clips on fire started in a kitchen, etc. So all these were used to instill a sense of fear into the participants.

After the presentation David Lee told us that they have tie-up with a supplier who has agreed to supply us a dry powder fire extinguisher (1 kg) and a smoke detector alarm at a special special price of $150.00. The deal comes with free delivery, a 5 years warranty for replacement and servicing etc.

You see, we have not purchased any fire extinguisher before and dunno the prices. Since this guy David Lee claimed he is from the Civil Defence and had "frightened" his participants on the issue of FIRE, we placed other for the damn fire extinguisher and smoke detector lor. I also ordered one.

The next day, a Malaysian guy delivered the fire extinguisher and smoke detector and we paid the money. Something just strike me after i received my fire extinguisher. I went onto the website to check the price of this dry powder fire extinguisher. I called one of the suppliers and asked for the price of the 1kg dry powder fire extinguisher and he quoted me $36 each! What the fuck! We have been conned! The bloody smoke detector is just a piece of plastic, battery operated and gives out a sharp alarm when it detected smoke. Nothing special and in my own estimate wont cost anything more than $5.

My other colleague then called the DIY stores, HOMEFIX, and asked for the price. The sale person said $55.00.

I even saw a supplier from China selling the same kind of fire extinguisher at US$3.40 each unit, but that was on a condition that you must order at least 500 units. Can you imagine how cheap the bloody fire extinguisher is??

After that we tried calling that James Ng and David Lee several times, but they never answered the calls.

I went to make a police report for impersonation and cheating, guess what? The bloody police dun wanna take my report and asked me to go to CASE instead. What the fuck is our police doing?? I only want them to investigate and find these 2 conman and stop them from cheating other members of the public, but they just dun fuck care. They think we are just stupid to have agreed to buy the products without checking the price beforehand.

So, bros, if any of these character call your office or if you spotted this character, David Lee, at your office doing presentation or selling your office colleagues the fire extinguisher, tell your colleagues and friends that it is a CON JOB. Dun buy the bloody fire extinguisher! Call the police ok?

tigerboy18

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes bros, i know we hv been tricked. n it has made me look stupid also. i m also aware n agree wif wat some bros here who mentioned tat d case of impersonation by tis con artist might not be tat strong. n there is no case on buying some items at a premium price bcos we ought to do our homework b4 we commit d purchase.

So my purpose of posting tis thread is to alert bros n their colleagues on tis blinky scam n con job of tis David Lee n James Ng. I dun wan other ppl to be cheated by them. I hv paid for a lesson n so i share my lesson wif bros here for free.

Our police is damn bloody hopeless. They dun even bother to call d 2 con artists up n give them a warning. I believe if d police does tat, at least tis ppl will not b tat bloody daring to go around cheating more ppl.

Anyhow, bros out there, just beware of tis kind of scam.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Impersonation is a criminal offence and the lazy officer is just trying to avoid doing the case. What you did in this forum is public spirited. Go to the Police website and lodge a report clearing stating that he was impersonating a CD officer. Then send a copy of the report to PR of CD.

Every citizen has the right to make a report.

grownupkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the name of the company something like "Fire Prevention and Safety"? They approached my company before but I turned them down cos I couldn't be sure of their identity.

tigerboy18

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, when they call up they dun tell u d name of d company. according my secretary, when tat James Ng called up he will tell d gal tat someone from d Civil Defence will be calling at our office to give a talk on Fire Prevention and Safety, n he also impress on d secretary tat all must attend! wat a bunch of crooks! so bro, beware. if he call again n wanna come to your office u pm me n let me know d date n time n your office address. i will come down n expose him in front of everybody. :mad: