• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware of scam & cheating case!!!

tigerboy18

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gd morning to all bros here. I am making this posting to warn bros who might happened to run into similar situation, and so, please take note and beware!

My office is in town and last week one James Ng (83567902) called my office and told our secretary that one guy by the name David Lee (90453844) who is from the Civil Defence will be calling our office to give a talk on fire safety.

On the appointed date, this David Lee came wearing a lanyard with a ID cardd, but it was turned the other way. Our secretary then told eveybody including myself that everybody must attend the talk. So we sit in the talk.

During the talk this David Lee showed us presentation on his Mac book, statistic of incidents of fire reported over the years by Civil Defence, pictures of badly burnt fire victims, the death of the brother and sister at the Hougang fire last year, video clips on fire started in a kitchen, etc. So all these were used to instill a sense of fear into the participants.

After the presentation David Lee told us that they have tie-up with a supplier who has agreed to supply us a dry powder fire extinguisher (1 kg) and a smoke detector alarm at a special special price of $150.00. The deal comes with free delivery, a 5 years warranty for replacement and servicing etc.

You see, we have not purchased any fire extinguisher before and dunno the prices. Since this guy David Lee claimed he is from the Civil Defence and had "frightened" his participants on the issue of FIRE, we placed other for the damn fire extinguisher and smoke detector lor. I also ordered one.

The next day, a Malaysian guy delivered the fire extinguisher and smoke detector and we paid the money. Something just strike me after i received my fire extinguisher. I went onto the website to check the price of this dry powder fire extinguisher. I called one of the suppliers and asked for the price of the 1kg dry powder fire extinguisher and he quoted me $36 each! What the fuck! We have been conned! The bloody smoke detector is just a piece of plastic, battery operated and gives out a sharp alarm when it detected smoke. Nothing special and in my own estimate wont cost anything more than $5.

My other colleague then called the DIY stores, HOMEFIX, and asked for the price. The sale person said $55.00.

I even saw a supplier from China selling the same kind of fire extinguisher at US$3.40 each unit, but that was on a condition that you must order at least 500 units. Can you imagine how cheap the bloody fire extinguisher is??

After that we tried calling that James Ng and David Lee several times, but they never answered the calls.

I went to make a police report for impersonation and cheating, guess what? The bloody police dun wanna take my report and asked me to go to CASE instead. What the fuck is our police doing?? I only want them to investigate and find these 2 conman and stop them from cheating other members of the public, but they just dun fuck care. They think we are just stupid to have agreed to buy the products without checking the price beforehand.

So, bros, if any of these character call your office or if you spotted this character, David Lee, at your office doing presentation or selling your office colleagues the fire extinguisher, tell your colleagues and friends that it is a CON JOB. Dun buy the bloody fire extinguisher! Call the police ok?

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bloody police dun wanna take my report

Police see that there is an exchange of goods, money for fire extinguisher.

Police can't go arresting everyone who pays a premium price for a product.

If they do, the Police will have to arrest the 66% of Sinkies because they pay a very high price for SG govt.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What is lanyard ?

hi there

1. aiyoh! just a piece of "fibre" material hanging loose over one's neck, and attached to its some namecard, security-access card etc.
2. it does not reflect or carry any form of authority.
3. in most orgns nowadays, emees wear such stuffs for identification purpose.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is lanyard ?

mugen_lanyard.jpg

Tis....usually with company name and identification card on it.
but
all these can be custom made at bras basah...

:o :( :o

jw5

Loyal
Police see that there is an exchange of goods, money for fire extinguisher.

Police can't go arresting everyone who pays a premium price for a product.

If they do, the Police will have to arrest the 66% of Sinkies because they pay a very high price for SG govt.
The police will have to arrest 100% of Singkies.
100% paid the high price, even though 66% placed the purchase order.

jw5

Loyal
It is a piece of string with a dog tag at the end to show the security guard that you are family so they dun bash you up. My dog has one also.
Every man and his dog has one around his neck these days.
It seems to be a symbol of authority, power or success.
All the salesmen on the street have one, includinh those that sell charity.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. The TS has a case and the Police should take up the case. The salesman impersonated the Civil Defence which is a government agency. I think the penalties are quite harsh for this.

The whole department can stand witness that this guy claimed to be civil defence. I think that is good enough for the court.

Write to the press. Our Police damn fucking cb idle.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have similar encounter but their names are different. Eventually paid $128 for a 1kg fire extingisher and they gave a 'anti-smoke-mask' as compliment.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Impersonation charges can only be used by chenghu on trouble-makers. Obviously our sinkie friend is not one so poodles can bohchup.

Not true. The TS has a case and the Police should take up the case. The salesman impersonated the Civil Defence which is a government agency. I think the penalties are quite harsh for this.

The whole department can stand witness that this guy claimed to be civil defence. I think that is good enough for the court.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it depends on individual on how they interpret such things.

When people come for talks, there is no obligation to buy from them. It's a willing issue. Anyone can do with some consideration or even a window period before getting back to them.

From what I see there is no case against them.

"a dry powder fire extinguisher (1 kg) and a smoke detector alarm at a special special price of $150.00. The deal comes with free delivery, a 5 years warranty for replacement and servicing etc. "

The 5 years warranty for replacement and servicing may actually make these extinguishers cost more. Then again, unless call them for servicing and they don't appear anywhere.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the powder in the the fire extinguisher would last five years and he did mention that after the talk, he wasnt able to contact the 2 men

lancerglxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gd morning to all bros here. I am making this posting to warn bros who might happened to run into similar situation, and so, please take note and beware!

My office is in town and last week one James Ng (83567902) called my office and told our secretary that one guy by the name David Lee (90453844) who is from the Civil Defence will be calling our office to give a talk on fire safety.

On the appointed date, this David Lee came wearing a lanyard with a ID cardd, but it was turned the other way. Our secretary then told eveybody including myself that everybody must attend the talk. So we sit in the talk.

During the talk this David Lee showed us presentation on his Mac book, statistic of incidents of fire reported over the years by Civil Defence, pictures of badly burnt fire victims, the death of the brother and sister at the Hougang fire last year, video clips on fire started in a kitchen, etc. So all these were used to instill a sense of fear into the participants.

After the presentation David Lee told us that they have tie-up with a supplier who has agreed to supply us a dry powder fire extinguisher (1 kg) and a smoke detector alarm at a special special price of $150.00. The deal comes with free delivery, a 5 years warranty for replacement and servicing etc.

You see, we have not purchased any fire extinguisher before and dunno the prices. Since this guy David Lee claimed he is from the Civil Defence and had "frightened" his participants on the issue of FIRE, we placed other for the damn fire extinguisher and smoke detector lor. I also ordered one.

The next day, a Malaysian guy delivered the fire extinguisher and smoke detector and we paid the money. Something just strike me after i received my fire extinguisher. I went onto the website to check the price of this dry powder fire extinguisher. I called one of the suppliers and asked for the price of the 1kg dry powder fire extinguisher and he quoted me $36 each! What the fuck! We have been conned! The bloody smoke detector is just a piece of plastic, battery operated and gives out a sharp alarm when it detected smoke. Nothing special and in my own estimate wont cost anything more than $5.

My other colleague then called the DIY stores, HOMEFIX, and asked for the price. The sale person said $55.00.

I even saw a supplier from China selling the same kind of fire extinguisher at US$3.40 each unit, but that was on a condition that you must order at least 500 units. Can you imagine how cheap the bloody fire extinguisher is??

After that we tried calling that James Ng and David Lee several times, but they never answered the calls.

I went to make a police report for impersonation and cheating, guess what? The bloody police dun wanna take my report and asked me to go to CASE instead. What the fuck is our police doing?? I only want them to investigate and find these 2 conman and stop them from cheating other members of the public, but they just dun fuck care. They think we are just stupid to have agreed to buy the products without checking the price beforehand.

So, bros, if any of these character call your office or if you spotted this character, David Lee, at your office doing presentation or selling your office colleagues the fire extinguisher, tell your colleagues and friends that it is a CON JOB. Dun buy the bloody fire extinguisher! Call the police ok?

Sorry. Police too busy fixing opposition and trying to trump up chargers against the British author. Those are very important work and they should be bothered about protecting citizens.

Good day

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every man and his dog has one around his neck these days.
It seems to be a symbol of authority, power or success.
All the salesmen on the street have one, includinh those that sell charity.

You can't give out your namecards with fancy titles to people on the street and you will be be seen as a showoff if you give your namecard automatically to everyone that you meet (unless you are an insurance/property saleman or in MLM.) So a lanyard with the company's colors and logo/name is a more subtle way to tell people that your master is a gigantic MNC and you are one cool and smart guy to be able to serve your master.

My dog's identity card is the same size as my company ID card so I asked for an additional lanyard with ID casing from my HR. My wife wears it around her neck when she walks the dog. My neighbour thinks its damn cool.

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
When it involves cheating, lying, greed and will do anything for money no other race on this earth can beat the Chinese. No matter where they are they live only by cheating! Look at our parliament what race is the majority

FlipSide

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, you are right. There is a issue of impersonation here. Which is a criminal offense. Especially if he has displayed a badge as visible ID.

He can write in a complaint to the police.
His other actions of selling an item at higher price. Well that does
not constitute an offense.