• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware Of Parking Next to Queenstown NLB

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently went to Hai Kee Teochew Char Kway Teow at Commonwealth Ave Cooked Food Centre, enjoyed the uncle's char kway teow as usual but had a bad after taste shock when I noticed that I was fined for illegally parking next to the Queenstown NLB.:eek::( Quite shocked as I have been parking there on many occasions and nothing happned to me, also saw many other vehicles there, so did not really take notice of the sign at the side of the library, only noticed that the white zig zags ended before that space so I thought it was safe, what with that and many other cars also always parking there.

So folks beware and refrain from parking there, a tasty plate of uncle hai kee's char kway teow landed me with a $70 fine but I guess lucky no demerits points:(

manx007

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are fucking desperate for money now. They want as many as every citizen to pay them $10-$20 or more every month or week to make up their loss. I was fine 400 for cigarette in two months and my bike summon 170 in two days recently. Once or twice i was unlucky but if occur frequently then its not a matter about luck..! Understand its not i dont want to buy parking but the stupid carpark can have how many bike slot. The design is mainly for car to park! No resources in the country we understand but to sqeeze us dry is not the way to run a country. Just realise how many people went to jail just because they cant pay their fine. Ask any excon they will tell you!

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
only $70, faggot like you shud have gotten 12 demerit points as well

i really don't understand there are so many parking spaces there. all you have to do is put a coupon.

got money buy car no money pay $1 coupon and block one lane of a small road with your car. so many inconsiderate faggots like you

manx007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just pardon me but i wish to vent my fustration here. We all know if a school cane a student or scold them when they did wrong it is because they want to educate them to different right from wrong. If they choose to fine you if you were wrong then something is fishy as things cant be perfect and they can find ways to fine you here and there, then it is a con school at the end of the day making money out of a living. Lucky for us they are not horny bastard otherwise they can let the pretty babes choose to let sqeeze their neh neh pok or sqeeze their kitty purse

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't get mad with NLB, get even...

Tomorrow use a bicycle chain and lock up their main entrance!

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no pity for those who want to donate their hard earn money to the govt. Doesn't mean that when other people are parking illegally you should follow suit.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello the space outside of Queenstown NLB does not block the road because there is a curved extra space ok.:rolleyes:

i really don't understand there are so many parking spaces there. all you have to do is put a coupon.

got money buy car no money pay $1 coupon and block one lane of a small road with your car. so many inconsiderate faggots like you

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello in all honesty and good faith I really never noticed the no parking sign in all the time that I parked there until I recently got the summons. If I knew I would have parked at the HDB built up carpark on the opposite side of the road. That is why I created this thread to warn other innocent blur drivers.

I have no pity for those who want to donate their hard earn money to the govt. Doesn't mean that when other people are parking illegally you should follow suit.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't there a continous white line throughout marg. drive? Parking lots are kinda restricted opp libarary and also food centre, unless you leg it further away near new condo site slated for construction

Last edited:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello in all honesty and good faith I really never noticed the no parking sign in all the time that I parked there until I recently got the summons. If I knew I would have parked at the HDB built up carpark on the opposite side of the road. That is why I created this thread to warn other innocent blur drivers.

Is the old hawker centre still there ???.. did not get a chance to make a trip there during my odd visits to pap singapore... i missed the nasi lemak on the ground floor and the teochew noodles at the other corner...

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very much so. Chicken rice hanging in there on 2nd flr, 2 fishball noodles grd flr (corner 1, with son helping out), popiah stall at 1.20 and Hai Kee's char kuay teow
Is the old hawker centre still there ???.. did not get a chance to make a trip there during my odd visits to pap singapore... i missed the nasi lemak on the ground floor and the teochew noodles at the other corner...
And for PR, there's also that curved-in bay next to hawker centre for that quick getaway... :p

lancerglxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently went to Hai Kee Teochew Char Kway Teow at Commonwealth Ave Cooked Food Centre, enjoyed the uncle's char kway teow as usual but had a bad after taste shock when I noticed that I was fined for illegally parking next to the Queenstown NLB.:eek::( Quite shocked as I have been parking there on many occasions and nothing happned to me, also saw many other vehicles there, so did not really take notice of the sign at the side of the library, only noticed that the white zig zags ended before that space so I thought it was safe, what with that and many other cars also always parking there.

So folks beware and refrain from parking there, a tasty plate of uncle hai kee's char kway teow landed me with a $70 fine but I guess lucky no demerits points:(

Friend you deserve the fine. People like you make the place dangerous. Give a thaught to pedestrians esp the young ones.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

u were very right about parking lots and the driver's stinginess of displaying a coupon. there are even worst traffic offenders who would even push the blame to the AREA OFFICE, the mps and even the traffic laws.

but there is a certain way to get summon cancelled....but i m not telling:smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't there a continous white line throughout marg. drive? Parking lots are kinda restricted opp libarary and also food centre, unless you leg it further away near new condo site slated for construction

multi-storey carpark next to NTUC - plenty of lots charged a per min. free parking on sunday/public holidays.

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
multi-storey carpark next to NTUC - plenty of lots charged a per min. free parking on sunday/public holidays.

bapok fake monk Bob Sim Kheng Hwee PAP dog

your car donated by Roland can park anywhere non need to pay .... LOL

bobsimhellcar.png

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look did I quibble over the fine in here? I don't think so, all I am doing is drawing other drivers' attention to the no parking zone outside NLB.

But while we on this issue, how does parking within the curved widened space outside NLB create danger to anyone be it vehicles or pedestrians?

Friend you deserve the fine. People like you make the place dangerous. Give a thaught to pedestrians esp the young ones.

jw5

Loyal
Look did I quibble over the fine in here? I don't think so, all I am doing is drawing other drivers' attention to the no parking zone outside NLB.

But while we on this issue, how does parking within the curved widened space outside NLB create danger to anyone be it vehicles or pedestrians?
Lucky I take mrt. :smile:
Don't let this stop you from going for good food.
That is about one of the last good things about SG.