• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware! Dishonest Seller - Mocean Mobile, Geyland Lor 24A

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
read dis in HWZ... mudderfucker chow ah beng cheat his customers by selling them export handphone set instead of local set....handphone numbers: 93585809 / 83438259, invoice put shop name and address as : Mocean Mobile No.458 Geylang Lorong 24A #01-13, Singapore 398458. Tel: 67459905 Fax: 67459909....but then it could be fake address.....so when you see these two numbers...beware, don't buy from such dishonest sellers....apparently more ppl are coming out to say that they are also cheated by him..... :mad::oIo:

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/m...ller-james82-93585809-83438259-a-3943453.html

Yesterday, 12:51 PM #1
anecilegna

Take note of DISHONEST seller - James82 93585809 / 83438259
Dear all,

Would like to raise an awareness in this community to all who are buying mobile phones here on this seller "James82" 93585809.

Confirm a purchase with him on a local set Samsung S3 32gb white phone on the 18th October and other accessories for the phone at a total bill of $886.

He sent his runner using this number 83438259 to deliver the phone, he start up the phone and pass it to me. I acknowledge that this was my mistake to not have done the start up myself to have miss the "Yes Optus" logo on the phone to know that it is an export yet. After checking everything is ok, I paid the seller and took the phone.

Returning home that night, I on the phone then I realized that I was cheated. Texted the seller, he was not apologetic and claims that he is going overseas and can only settle this problem next week, without giving a specific date.

Given his response I doubt he will do any exchange or anything, hope that this will serve as a warning for all of you here and this is definitely a lesson learnt.

Btw this is the address on his invoice, Mocean Mobile No.458 Geylang Lorong 24A #01-13, Singapore 398458. Tel: 67459905 Fax: 67459909.

O3WpS.jpg

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro....Pai say...can u explain what's the diff btw local and export handset?.:confused:...thought phone is phone, can use means can use..Pls enlighten me....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
want to buy phone, go to those big retailer like samsung, or those telcos shop. why go to this kind of ah beng shop.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro....Pai say...can u explain what's the diff btw local and export handset?.:confused:...thought phone is phone, can use means can use..Pls enlighten me....

Export sets usuaLLy dont have any warranty.Buy at your own risk, which means there is no recourse if it's fauLty
etcc..hence they are priced substantiaLLy cheaper than LocaL sets.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Geylang is only useful for cheap throw away sim cards and phones. If you're going to buy a Samsung Galaxy S3, get it at a telco shop.

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long it is new and works can already lah!

Mai Hiam lah! Who the heck look at your startup screen?

Have so many gadgets still not happy?

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think the phone is locked to telco optus cos' seller probably got it cheap from aussieland as original owner bought it cheap from optus. Knn, this one very easy to solve lah, just go to samsung and ask them to unlock the phone. Think they just connect usb cable to the phone and upload software become local set liaoz.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Serves the fella right for doing business with an Ah Beng shop.

How much can you save by buying stuff from an Ah Beng shop instead of a telco retail outlet?

Gian png Sinkies: penny wise, pound foolish.

They're like myopic farm animals, they only see the food in front of them but can never see the butcher knife that awaits them.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Serves the fella right for doing business with an Ah Beng shop.

How much can you save by buying stuff from an Ah Beng shop instead of a telco retail outlet?

Gian png Sinkies: penny wise, pound foolish.

They're like myopic farm animals, they only see the food in front of them but can never see the butcher knife that awaits them.

wah chim, machiam like sinkies gian png the gst rebate and vote themselves into another 5 years of hell? :biggrin:

Aiyo

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The sales invoice did not put down the imei number.... there would be twist and turn liao:biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I learnt the same lesson when I bought my first iPhone. I bought it at a shop in Pearl Centre thinking it was new. Holy shit, the phone gave me problem within 3 weeks and after getting some advice, I realised that it was not a local set. Probably 2nd hand sold by someone who was bored of playing with it after getting it overseas. Since then, I make it a point to get my gadgets at authorised resellers only.