• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Place To Retire!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically speaking we are all Africans.

Bro, Thank you.

You are very observant and I am sure others too similarly are........

I am waiting for an answer too.

Probably he had too much of coffee and his mind may be blurrish with the caffeine.

Surely as a responsible contributor he will reply soon.

Have a nice day bro.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any erection lasting more than 4 hours requires immediate medical consultation. his may have lasted more than 4 months! a possible world record. :eek:
Dunno if his broke any records. But hear his was hard to put down. Just allude to his injection to his jewnior gone awry :eek::wink:

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
so about 7% per year not bad.... should beat inflation then. Still growing at that rate. Or things gonna be flat now?

Toning down a bit because quite a few new projects poping out around this area since the status have been changed from town to city :( Even my property tax increase. Now most of the new houses are a bit smaller and cost around the RM300k mark some near to town go for around the 400k mark. My house is 10mins from town center sometimes I do get people come knocking at my door and ask if I or anybody I know wants to sell.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Changi prison.

Free lodging (toliet attached), free food, free healthcare, free newspaper, free gym. Lonely? No problem, at least 3 acquantances for life.

I won't reccommend that sort of place for our forummers as a best place to retire.

My reasons as follows:

Free Toilet - Truly "free". No issues about intrusion of privacy as the other inmates can see what you do when in it.

Free Food - Agreed but you are made to "earn that food". It doesn't come free, especially with those Malaysian wardens bossing around as if the food came from their grannies kitchens.

Free healthcare _ Partly agree. Unless off course you are willing to be "paraded" in chains and attired in the robes of a "PRISONER" while waiting for the doctor to see you.

Free newspaper - mostly the papers and magazines come in as late as a week and that too with lots of pics and news "blacked out".

Free Gym - Depends on whether you are allowed to use it and on the mood of those incharge of that area.

Loneliness - Hopefully those "acquaintances" are good and allow you to have a "comfy" stay there not those that would bother you into depression and stress.

Maybe, If you talk about the penitentiaries (prisons) in certain European countries, I will certainly agree.

You may wish to read "King Rat" and "You Will Die In Singapore" for those books offer good "advice" on life behind bars at Changi Goal.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best place to retire is Woodland, buy a 3-rm flat. Everyday go to JB for your meals. Travel by bus.

mopeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best place to retire is Woodland, buy a 3-rm flat. Everyday go to JB for your meals. Travel by bus.

And to put up with the Causeway jam? No thanks.

When a lame man walk out free that time really jialart.

Also one day forgot to chop chop the passport may kana naked squat. But if got pretty minah supervising or watching the naked squat don't mind leh. Steam sia.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now a days in Thailand when people want to buy landed property very often they choose cluster housing (we call it village). Inside a cluster housing project you find all the condominium facilities and also 24hrs security. This is preferred because of security reason. If a normal land anywhere without security, burglary can be common. Don't know the security problem in Malaysia but advisable to go with cluster housing for safety.

Of course cluster housing can be boring as all houses look the same and not much of a choice however there may be some project that is cluster housing yet allow buyer to choose the land size and build their own design. This is what I had chosen and its like the best of both worlds.

The main drawback with living in LOS is the difficulty in keeping to a diet :o

I found myself over indulging in steaks, american breakfasts, fish & chips, thai food,...... The supermarkets in Bangkok & Pattaya has an excellent range of food products that would shame NTUC.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you are retiring & considering living in Woodlands, might as well go a little further & stay in JB. You will save on the utilities, fuel, gst,..... & you won't have the hassle of going through either immigration controls.

ahhock24

Alfrescian
Loyal
talk about the penitentiaries (prisons) in certain European
When retire at 60yrs old, go switzerl & say pluck a papaya. End up 1yr in jail... at switzerl living std, jail there even has a library. So in yr lifetime, you hv abt 20 plucks. Of course, on yr 11th pluck they will re-classify you fr "criminal" to "mental", thereafter you will be admitted to the equiv of our Woodbridge except w expenses paid by the state unlike here. And you live happily ever after...

melissamarietan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, I wish to retire in Singapore itself. A really amazing home to me Singapore has been and will always be and have also, recently taken a hdb in Singapore at a very good location hence I am really happy and content living in Singapore and would like to end my life here itself.