• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best O-level Results In 10 years! Majullah PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://therealsingapore.com/content/o-level-results-over-83-students-achieved-5-or-more-passes

The students who took the O levels this year scored the best results in 10 years with 83.3% of all students receiving at least 5 passes.

The results were released today and students collected their results from their schools at 2pm.

The results this year were better on average than last year when 82.7% of students received 5 or more passes.

In 2012, 81.3% of students achieved this standard.

According to the ministry of education, a total of 30,964 students took part in the 2014 O level exams and 95.59% of them got 3 or more passes.

99.9% passed at least 1 subject.

While the overall number of students who achieved 5 or more passes increased, the average results for students in normal (Academic) and private candidates decreased slightly.

This year, there were 3,949 Normal (Academic) students and 87.9% of these passed at least 1 subject, this is slightly lower than the 90.3% who passed 3 or more subjects the year before.

I would like to congratulate Minister Heng Swee Kiat for producing such a great result for our students! It would have been impossible without your fine leadership! I would also like to thank the PAP CEC for identifying and recruiting capable candidates like Heng Swee Kiat to take charge of our education ministry!

Today my son collected his O-level results! Tok kong results!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
fake, rigged and fixed voters again.

Come to pay interest to CPF rip them off. Would u trust LKY and his PAP cronies not to fixed and rigged you?

I would like to congratulate Minister Heng Swee Kiat for producing such a great result for our students! It would have been impossible without your fine leadership! I would also like to thank the PAP CEC for identifying and recruiting capable candidates like Heng Swee Kiat to take charge of our education ministry!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
fake, rigged and fixed voters again.

Come to pay interest to CPF rip them off. Would u trust LKY and his PAP cronies not to fixed and rigged you?

My salary has increased by at least 6-fold since I started working as a rookie many years ago. Now, I got nice home, good income, dividend income, and very little personal debt. Kids also doing well in school. PAP has been very very good to me.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without FT children and foreigners on generous state sponsored scholarships, Singaporeans can never achieve this on their own.

Last edited:

master

Alfrescian
Loyal

No use lah, jobs still goes to FT with no O level result .

clairvoyant

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB PAP CHEAT GE by GIGGING GCE EXAM to BBUY VOTE fro students' families.

They picked the easiest ever exam questions so all scored high.

You think people.can not see this CB PAP FRAUD?

White Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many you locals don't appreciate how hilarious your newspaper really is. I love to see how these bright little sixteen year olds fare in ten to 20 years. Working for a big multinational firm surely?

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
My salary has increased by at least 6-fold since I started working as a rookie many years ago. Now, I got nice home, good income, dividend income, and very little personal debt. Kids also doing well in school. PAP has been very very good to me.

I pray for your kids.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I pray for your kids.

Please do. I hope my son can qualify for RJC. That school offers the best chance for scholarships. I would like my kids to be like the Ng brothers in the SAF - all three brothers made it to chief of army or Perm Sec kind of standard. They are even more outstanding than the Lee brothers, where both brothers only made it to BG level. Quite nice to have the Tan brothers controlling the armed forces. Quite nice to have my kopi brothers envious of my kids.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Everyone will be applauding what a good job the Education Ministry has done.
This is good news in an election year.

Minister Heng will be in cloud nine awaiting his next promotion to be the PM...

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do. I hope my son can qualify for RJC. That school offers the best chance for scholarships. I would like my kids to be like the Ng brothers in the SAF - all three brothers made it to chief of army or Perm Sec kind of standard. They are even more outstanding than the Lee brothers, where both brothers only made it to BG level. Quite nice to have the Tan brothers controlling the armed forces. Quite nice to have my kopi brothers envious of my kids.

If you think that going RJC equates to scholarships, you are very badly mistaken. I would say that the only way your kid will get a scholarship is through getting straight As. Those RJC alumni I know are pretty well connected with the top, if you know what I mean, rubbing shoulders with MP kids and 3rd generation rulers. The last time I checked, there was still a large disparity in terms of percentage getting scholarships amongst the well-connected, and amongst the lesser folk. :rolleyes:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you think that going RJC equates to scholarships, you are very badly mistaken. I would say that the only way your kid will get a scholarship is through getting straight As. Those RJC alumni I know are pretty well connected with the top, if you know what I mean, rubbing shoulders with MP kids and 3rd generation rulers. The last time I checked, there was still a large disparity in terms of percentage getting scholarships amongst the well-connected, and amongst the lesser folk. :rolleyes:

There are many in HJC or NJC who get straight As, but very few of them get the President scholarship. The bulk of the President scholars come from RJC. Hence, it makes sense for my son to apply to RJC. Also, wearing the RJC uniform is prestigious. It already signals to the rest of the student population, including the losers at poly, that he is an upperclass man!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Everyone will be applauding what a good job the Education Ministry has done.
This is good news in an election year.

Minister Heng will be in cloud nine awaiting his next promotion to be the PM...

I like Heng Swee Kiat. But I don't think he will be promoted to the PM. In fact, there is also a Heir Apparent, and this is what he would probably say to your suggestion.

ihR7I.gif

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many in HJC or NJC who get straight As, but very few of them get the President scholarship. The bulk of the President scholars come from RJC. Hence, it makes sense for my son to apply to RJC. Also, wearing the RJC uniform is prestigious. It already signals to the rest of the student population, including the losers at poly, that he is an upperclass man!

You don't know much my friend, I will not explain further, lest your bubble dream is burst.

I can honestly advice you to drop the scholarship idea, you seem to be hopelessly naive in the inner workings of the ruling elite of Singapore.

Last edited:

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your kid has to do 'O' level at this age.. he is already a loser

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't know much my friend, I will not explain further, lest your bubble dream is burst.

I can honestly advice you to drop the scholarship idea, you seem to be hopelessly naive in the inner workings of the ruling elite of Singapore.

John Tan,

Declaring that your salary increased by 6 fold is misleading. You could have increased it from $200 in 1960s to $1200 in 2010. Ha Ha

Keep us inform if your son gets to RJC like my grandkids. Heard that the L1R5 is just 2 or 3 points. Keep us updated even if your pride is hurt that he landed up in a ulu jc.