• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Curry Rice !

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What about the curry rice at Lau pa sat, during the 70s. Any one know where they move to?

wah lou eh,,people talk about the curry rice at certain location now and you go back 40 years in the past.. you like to remain in the past.. that is sad and pathetic.

Fearless Jedi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stall right at the corner

Hi. Are you related to this Pasir Panjang Curry rice stall? It seems to be so. This curry rice stall is probably at best mediocre. I tried it once and never return again. The food is dirty, messy and tasteless. They charge way too high for what it is worth. This is an objective statement without prejudice. The corner coffee shop stall in Tiong Bahru is good and I don't mind the wait and higher prices. But this one in Pasir Panjang is way overrated by you. If you need a quick bite and have no time, this will suffice otherwise, strike it off. Please offer honest ratings.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watch your cholesterol levels.

Heart attacks is one of the leading cause of death in Singapore

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi. Are you related to this Pasir Panjang Curry rice stall? It seems to be so. This curry rice stall is probably at best mediocre. I tried it once and never return again. The food is dirty, messy and tasteless. They charge way too high for what it is worth. This is an objective statement without prejudice. The corner coffee shop stall in Tiong Bahru is good and I don't mind the wait and higher prices. But this one in Pasir Panjang is way overrated by you. If you need a quick bite and have no time, this will suffice otherwise, strike it off. Please offer honest ratings.

To be fair this stall is always rated whenever curry rice is mentioned.
One man's meat is another man's poison but this stall is not some obscure one but is actually quite well known.....maybe not to your standards or living by on its fame. But bottomline it's already famous

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you mean my 11th finger?

images

When Chinese Saying refer you as 11 fingers what does that mean to you??

It means that you are a THIEF! ha ha!!

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about Redhill market?

There are 2 stalls there, both also not bad.

Jalan Bukit Merah the original operator was an Old Hainanese Lady,
the current owner presumably the son took over he was featured on channel 8 couple of times,
price has Gone North, Standard gone South! Behaviour to customer arrogant and proud! when
hawkers make a lot of money they forgot where the roots??

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jalan Bukit Merah the original operator was an Old Hainanese Lady,
the current owner presumably the son took over he was featured on channel 8 couple of times,
price has Gone North, Standard gone South! Behaviour to customer arrogant and proud! when
hawkers make a lot of money they forgot where the roots??

Which stall you talking about bro? The one facing the main road?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

No Jedi not related at all. Thing is I've been eating at this stall for 25 years since my Shell Bukom days, guess I'm just a loyal customer.

pyshock

Alfrescian
Loyal
My favourite stall is the one in Whampoa Market. The signboard is simply"Curry Rice" in Chinese characters. Stall's been there for more than 30 years.
Open for business early around 7am and close by 10+ when they run out of food.. The cabbage is stewed till it is very soft with tasty gravy. The sotong, mackerel and prawn dishes are also great. Lots of return and loyal customers like myself. Yum!

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the best curry rice is served on a banana leaf by ah neh, with papadom, chutney and other condiments on the side, specifically muthu's curry that may cum with extra fingers and toes that help relieve you of using fork and spoon.

chinese-style curry rice is so fake like gutter oil.

image.jpg

D

Deleted member 80916

Anyone tried the one at a kopitiam near bugis, stall name called "11 Finger" ?

Best !!!:smile::smile:

Hi, may I know the exact coffee shop location of "11 fingers"?

Is 11 fingers himself, still selling ?

I think his name is "Chow Keng Twang", my long-lost Secondary school classmate.

Thanks

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never taste the original, but tried all 3, Bugis, Lau Ti Fang and Geylang lorong 31. I prefer Kitchener version.

Also think the haninese version of the curry rice is pretty good, especially the pork chop. But curry not as nice.

yes. the kitchener/jalan besar shop does sell a damn good hainanese curry rice.

the cheng san branch not so good. too soggy.