• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Believing in False gods.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
here is a christian with strong faith..why can't we be like him?

I thought you'd be like that given what you always post. :biggrin:

Wah this is quite sad. But erm, you missed out one point leh, he still had the woman he loved
with him lor.

If even his beloved wife kaput, you think you will even see this story?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
If even his beloved wife kaput, you think you will even see this story?

wah dun be so orh sim lah, he lost everything already, you still want him to lose his wife?

maybe it got something to do with God will not let him suffer beyond what he could bear?

but i think he will have peace if he had known that his daughters are in heaven, which he will meet them later on.

do you have this in other faiths?

Last edited:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah dun be so orh sim lah, he lost everything already, you still want him to lose his wife?

maybe it got something to do with God will not let him suffer beyond what he could bear?

but i think he will have peace if he had known that his daughters are in heaven, which he will meet them later on.

do you have this in other faiths?

No la stupid, that's not what I meant. Of course I was glad for him that his wife is still alive.

You just gotta admit that life's sufferings are easier borne with the woman you love than no one in your life.

You'd be surprised what happens to people you don't know about. Sometimes bad things really happen to people, more than what a humane God ought to inflict on people. :eek:

I think till he dies, he won't know if there's a God or there's a heaven where he can meet his daughters in.

Thus believing in God is like having hope. Till it is all hopeless, you won't know.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
No la stupid, that's not what I meant. Of course I was glad for him that his wife is still alive.

You just gotta admit that life's sufferings are easier borne with the woman you love than no one in your life.

You'd be surprised what happens to people you don't know about. Sometimes bad things really happen to people, more than what a humane God ought to inflict on people. :eek:

I think till he dies, he won't know if there's a God or there's a heaven where he can meet his daughters in.

Thus believing in God is like having hope. Till it is all hopeless, you won't know.

Don't you think it's better to have hope rather than no hope?

Just nice i have an article just to address this suffering thingie..

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=14394

Last edited:

DOGASS

maybe their faith is not strong enough?

and how do you propose to have tremendous self belief in a postive way?

is it sustainable? does it work for everyone?

That's something I disagree : faith in GOD (in whatever favor) is NOT stronger than faith in one self, only difference is that there is a doctrine to adhere to (although it is very much outdated in this modern time), rituals that offers comfort (mere humans are creatures of habit and fears the unknown territory) and most of all, a community of like minded individuals to share the load.

While the isolated examples are used to highlight the failure of lack of 'holy' faith, there are millions of atheist pulling thru the direst of times and millions more devoted Christians committing suicides (some like lemmings follow their twisted leaders), while their follies are conveniently explained away as lack of faith or deviations from the true faith (THERE IS NO DISTINCTION FOR SUCH, WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IN STRONG ENOUGH IS YOUR TRUE FAITH).

Much as I agree that religion (despite the horribly outdated and twisted teachings) offers a very strong healing force and core from which to draw strength in hard times (mainly for the meek who lacks the inner strength and needs external support), I do not think Christianity is the only ray of hope, it is just one of the vessels among the multitude of religions.

As long as one can see through the dark and persevere, regardless of faith or belief, one can survives unless there are other reasons to end one's existence in this world (in the belief of better afterlife, to escape other forms of punishment perceived to be worse than death, in the belief of helping a greater cause or being a scrapgoat...to name a few)...