• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Believing in False gods.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lisa Marie Presley says no Scientology connection to Travolta death
lisamarie_bill_5355615_600.jpg

Elvis' daughter says religious beliefs are not to blame
Jan 6, 2009

Lisa Marie Presley has taken to her MySpace blog to comment on the death of 16-year-old Jett Travolta, the son of actors John Travolta and Kelly Preston.

An autopsy report has attributed the cause of the teenager’s death on January 2 to a seizure disorder. However, many internet reports have questioned the cause of the seizure, some speculating that it was as a result of a medical condition that went untreated.

Jett was diagnosed as a toddler with Kawasaki Syndrome, a rare disease that inflames the blood vessels and can cause seizures. Despite media accusations that he was taken off medication because of their Scientology beliefs, the Travoltas say they withdrew treatment after consulting neuro-surgeons.

Presley, a long-time Scientologist, has said that this is “not the time” to attack the religion, and that reports that Scientologists do not believe in medical care are untrue.

“Among most of the crazy made up garbage that goes around about it, it is not true that Scientologists don't believe in medical care, medicine or medical doctors," Presley writes. “Just like anyone else, If one is sick, they go to the doctor, If a medication will make it better then they take it. If they don't then they are an idiot, and you can't blame their religion.”

She added: “Whatever medical and or physical condition Jett had, I can tell you first hand that his parents were on a tireless, never ending quest to get and provide him with the absolute best care anyone could ever ask for and need, medically, physically, emotionally, medicinally and spiritually.

“Folks, as popular as it has been to discriminate and ridicule Scientology and Scientologists in the recent past, now is NOT the time.”

The family returned to the US from the Bahamas today (January 6) with the remains of their son.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
believing in oneself? no one to turn to when one fails oneself?

High-profile Suicides Rise in Wake of Financial Crisis
JANUARY 08, 2009 05:09
German billionaire Adolf Merckle has committed suicide after suffering from huge losses stemming from the global financial crisis.

Merckle yesterday threw himself under an oncoming train near his company, according to German media.

“The desperate situation of his companies caused by the financial crisis, the uncertainty of the past few weeks, and his powerlessness to act broke the passionate family entrepreneur and he took his own life,” his family said in a brief statement.

German prosecutors said they found a suicide note meant for his family but did not disclose the content.

The 74-year-old tycoon controlled a number of companies including generic drug maker Ratiopharm International GmbH and cement maker HeidelbergCement AG through his family holding company VEM Vermoegensverwaltung GmbH. His conglomerate employed 100,000 workers.

He was ranked Germany’s fifth richest man by Forbes magazine in 2007.

Though reluctant to appear in public, he invited G8 leaders to his castle in 2007.

The holding company had reportedly fallen into a liquidly crisis after suffering heavy losses worth one billion euros when the shares of automaker Volkswagen wildly fluctuated last fall.

This occurred in the process of fellow carmaker Porsche SE`s move to increase its stake in the company. More than 40 banks rejected Merckle`s plea for new loans.

In the United States, real estate mogul Steven L. Good was found dead Monday morning in his Jaguar in a wildlife preserve outside Chicago in an apparent suicide.

The 52-year-old was chief executive of Sheldon Good & Co., one of the largest U.S. real estate auction companies. Police found him with a gunshot wound to the head.

No suicide note was found.

He said last month in an industry outlook news release that market conditions were “very challenging.”

Late last year, Rene-Thierry Magon de la Villehuchet, the chief executive and co-founder of the French investment firm Access International Advisors, was found dead in his office in an apparent suicide. He reportedly lost 1.4 billion dollars due to Bernard Madoff’s investment scheme.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
believing in oneself? no one to turn to when one fails oneself?

High-profile Suicides Rise in Wake of Financial Crisis
JANUARY 08, 2009 05:09
German billionaire Adolf Merckle has committed suicide after suffering from huge losses stemming from the global financial crisis.

Merckle yesterday threw himself under an oncoming train near his company, according to German media.

He was ranked Germany’s fifth richest man by Forbes magazine in 2007.

In the United States, real estate mogul Steven L. Good was found dead Monday morning in his Jaguar in a wildlife preserve outside Chicago in an apparent suicide.

The 52-year-old was chief executive of Sheldon Good & Co., one of the largest U.S. real estate auction companies. Police found him with a gunshot wound to the head.

Late last year, Rene-Thierry Magon de la Villehuchet, the chief executive and co-founder of the French investment firm Access International Advisors, was found dead in his office in an apparent suicide. He reportedly lost 1.4 billion dollars due to Bernard Madoff’s investment scheme.

You know rich people have a tremendous amount of self belief because they have never been wrong or had to suffer the consequences of their mistakes. Their money cushions them. :smile: Neither do they have to apologise.

This set them up from possibly tremendous stress when they fail.

They certainly didn't kill themselves because they lost money and don't have enough to live on.

Therefore when they really make very serious mistakes, they are very unlikely to know how to bounce back or be resilient. :smile:

Another thing I noticed about "rich people" is that they are very bad at negotiating with other parties. They don't care about what other people want or what other people think. This is very isolating behaviour.

Therefore when they fail, there's no one to turn to, like you said. :smile:

May the dead rest in peace. Amen. :cool:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm maybe csi88 is not rich after all....he's a rich wannabe..

Well it's not the fact that they are rich and thus they kill themselves la. :smile:

It goes deeper than that.

It is because they are alone and lonely.

If they have a family to live for, even without money, why will they kill themselves?

People who kill themselves usually because they feel that they are alone and have to one to turn to.

Their business failure is just a catalyst in their making the decision to go.

Many people fail in their career and business, and even love lives. But the proportion of failures to suicides is low.

However, at least 90% or more of people who kill themselves feel alone.

It's their false beliefs (in God or otherwise) which causes them to lose a grip on reality. When this is called to judgment, they have nothing to live for because they feel alone. :(

Geddit? :smile:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well it's not the fact that they are rich and thus they kill themselves la. :smile:

It goes deeper than that.

It is because they are alone and lonely.

If they have a family to live for, even without money, why will they kill themselves?

People who kill themselves usually because they feel that they are alone and have to one to turn to.

Their business failure is just a catalyst in their making the decision to go.

Many people fail in their career and business, and even love lives. But the proportion of failures to suicides is low.

However, at least 90% or more of people who kill themselves feel alone.

It's their false beliefs (in God or otherwise) which causes them to lose a grip on reality. When this is called to judgment, they have nothing to live for because they feel alone. :(

Geddit? :smile:

i didn't say they kill themselves because they are rich.

what you said is correct, they are lonely and after they lose their materials things, they ended their lives.

what i am trying to put across is if you rely on yourself and belief in yourself, you will end up this way, because you have felt you have failed in life. As a matter of fact the 1st doesn't know how much he has contributed to the society, by providing affordable medication to the population of the world. If someone has spoken to him before he comitted suicide, maybe he would have think twice. He's a good man, but does he has to give up his life just because he made one mistake in investments? Maybe he felt sorry for his employees, because they might be laid off?

if they have strong Christian faith, i don't think they will kill themselves. probably lack of Christian faith made their lives meaningless. That's the final call of destruction!

what's reality anyway? is reality only determined by the material world? why should one follow the world, if it is filled with evils such as self interests and suffering?

Last edited:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never attack him when he is using VIBGYOR nick hor :biggrin:
I only attack him when he is using TeeKee nick hor :biggrin:

Ya I know. I'm only pre-empting you. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm so free, I can be a bunny crusader!! WOOHOO! :wink::smile:

You better not attack him or I'll zap you. RRRAAAA!! :cool:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

what you said is correct, they are lonely and after they lose their materials things, they ended their lives.

what i am trying to put across is if you rely on yourself and belief in yourself, you will end up this way.

if they have strong Christian faith, i don't think they will kill themselves. probably lack of Christian faith made their lives meaningless. That's the final call of destruction!

what's reality anyway? is reality only determined by the material world? why should one follow the world, if it is filled with evils such as self interests and suffering?

I understand what you are saying from a Christian point of view. I do read the bible. God is always there for us people isn't he?

Problem is, one of the guys above, Stephen Good is a firm Christian. Most likely, given the way the real estate market crashed, he doesn't believe that God is here for him anymore.

I did have a few friends who "renounced" Christianity and God after seriously bad things happened to them. Very uncool, but as their friend, I can see where they were coming from.

Sad world we live in huh? :cool:

As for self reliance and self belief, I think it depends on the individual.

I think more people who do not believe in themselves kill themselves, rather than people who believe in themselves very deeply.

For those who believe in themselves and only themselves, what probably happens is that they have such a high self opinion and ego, that when they finally don't believe in themselves, they get really crushed.

For others who have tremendous self belief in a positive way, they end up fulfilling happier destinies. Like Nelson Mandela and Kim Dae Jung for example.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did have a few friends who "renounced" Christianity and God after seriously bad things happened to them. Very uncool, but as their friend, I can see where they were coming from.

For others who have tremendous self belief in a positive way, they end up fulfilling happier destinies. Like Nelson Mandela and Kim Dae Jung for example.

maybe their faith is not strong enough?

and how do you propose to have tremendous self belief in a postive way?

is it sustainable? does it work for everyone?

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
So free don't spy on me leh, I will shy one leh :biggrin:

Wah how many points can you zap me RRRAAAA? :biggrin:

Not difficult to find you, you are always with Teekee. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not going to zap you la. What if you get a perverse pleasure out of this and you keep bullying him to get attention from me?

People can be sick nowadays. :cool:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

what i am trying to put across is if you rely on yourself and belief in yourself, you will end up this way, because you have felt you have failed in life. As a matter of fact the 1st doesn't know how much he has contributed to the society, by providing affordable medication to the population of the world.

If someone has spoken to him before he comitted suicide, maybe he would have think twice. He's a good man, but does he has to give up his life just because he made one mistake in investments?

Maybe he felt sorry for his employees, because they might be laid off?

I would say that European drug companies are actually blood sucking entities who make money off people's sufferings. But this is not the thread to elaborate on this. :smile:

I'm not so sure if he felt sorry for his employees, because if he did, he could consider staying alive and trying to turn the company around. He most likely only thought of himself and his suffering which he couldn't bear to live with.

I think he had a lifetime of wealth and success and he just didn't have the emotional means to cope with failure. He got his wealth from his Bohemian grandfather so I think he can't comprehend a life without wealth and status, which he was on the verge of losing.

Put it this way, a guy who made his money going through the school of hard knocks will probably laugh at investing in the car or airline industry. Not this guy. He really didn't know why he screwed up.

If a person really wanted to kill himself, I doubt a few words will just help. People don't just become isolated overnight. They become like that when they alienate the people closest to them or who loves them the most.

Like my ex. He likes to mix with people who don't give a shit about him and one day, he's just going to end up really alone and crying. It's pride and ego, mixed up with his total self belief. Sad case huh? :smile:

One thing about the Christian faith, you are right to say that you really have to have deep faith and to truly believe. Because once you stop to think or question the faith, for example: exogenous events which may cause you to question your faith, then you may find yourself crumbling.

It's very difficult to explain this in words. Just remember what I said and in future, you may understand. I'm just saying this through observation of the Christian people around me. :smile:

I do agree with what you are saying. In essence, if you only rely on your self belief and nothing else, when you have failed, you will feel miserable.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe their faith is not strong enough?

and how do you propose to have tremendous self belief in a postive way?

is it sustainable? does it work for everyone?

Firstly, I don't really have an answer to this. What I have are opinions. Partly because I've no idea (personally) what "tremendous self belief" really can be or can carry a person to be.

I've no idea how to have in your words "tremendous self belief in a positive way". I think I'm the kind who always examine my ideas to see if there are loopholes or blindspots, so I don't have that much self belief.

This is because if one is really lucid and honest, unlike some deluded people on earth, we cannot always be positive people. There are bound to be negatives that we can spot if we are honest with ourselves.

I'm not sure that self belief is sustainable, otherwise, we wouldn't have so many people killing themselves over loneliness or failure.

So you are right in saying that faith in God is real, because this is one example of truly unshakeable faith I've witnessed. It's really cool. :wink::smile::smile::smile:

However, it is precisely, like you were saying that they have "tremendous self belief" that they ended up killing themselves.

If they didn't believe in themselves exclusively, they would have let others into their emotional world. They would have asked for help, sought opinion and advice.

Many people build companies as a team. Many people have a network of support.

These guys, probably didn't. :smile:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
here is a christian with strong faith..why can't we be like him?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8_EfDqF7YI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8_EfDqF7YI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>