• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Bastard Sinkies Destroying Restaurateurs Livelihood!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

‘Our livelihoods are at stake’: A restaurant manager’s plea to diners to follow Covid-19 rules​

Diners at a restaurant in Downtown East in Pasir Ris on Sept 27, 2021, when the Government capped group sizes for restaurants to two vaccinated persons per table.
Raj Nadarajan/TODAY
It has been a turbulent 21 months for Singapore residents, no thanks to Covid-19.

Regulations have been adjusted regularly to combat the coronavirus.

A regulation that has not stayed constant has had the greatest public impact.

Dine-in restrictions have see-sawed from a blanket ban to the present cap of two fully vaccinated diners per table at all eateries, including coffee shops and hawker centres.

If diners find it stressful to cope with the ever-changing rules, try to imagine the situation from where I stand as a restaurant manager.

What we are experiencing is unprecedented even for an old hand like me with 27 years’ experience in this sector.

Covid-19: Confusion, frayed tempers at coffee shops, hawker centres, malls on 1st day of entry curbs for unvaccinated patrons
Not only do we have to align our business with the inconsistent regulations and deal with significant revenue drops, getting tough on diners so that they follow the rules is becoming part and parcel of our job.

It has been nearly three weeks since the Government allowed only groups of two vaccinated persons to dine at restaurants.

Yet there are still many who blatantly disregard this.

These are selfish individuals who do not care about the livelihoods and safety of food-and-beverage (F&B) workers. Instead, they focus narrowly on their own interests.

I have encountered many tricks people employ to beat the system.

I came across one customer who used his friend’s TraceTogether contact-tracing token to check in to our restaurant, while his friend used the TraceTogether mobile app.

Covid-19: Social gathering, dine-in cap cut to 2 persons from Sept 27 - Oct 24; work-from-home to be default arrangement
Had we not been vigilant and spotted the similarities in identification numbers as shown on our SafeEntry Business app, they would have gotten away.

This bunch is still easy to deal with, as parties simply leave sheepishly when caught in the act.

More horrendous are those who insist on getting their reservations acknowledged for more than two vaccinated persons.

Despite government guidelines, these diners will insist that we acknowledge the reservation by breaking up the party into smaller groups of two.

Some even went to the extent of using the “I’m your regular customer” card.

Regular or not, by getting us to accept your illegal booking, it is as good as saying beating a red light is perfectly fine and we will get away unscathed.

Lift Covid-19 curbs on social group sizes for vaccinated family members from same household
Allow me to stress that it is not fine. This selfish act could lead to the closure of our business and loss of livelihoods.

If an F&B operator is caught flouting infection controls, the risk of fines and closure is real.

In difficult times like these, this would send an eatery to its grave.

And, with any closure, jobs are bound to be lost.

As a manager, it is my main duty to protect my employer’s business and the livelihoods of my co-workers.

You may yell at me over the phone and think that I am being inflexible for not bowing to your demands.

But, if we were to change positions, would you put your colleagues’ jobs at risk to please a selfish person?

Unless you are inhumane, I am sure we have the same answer.

ABOUT THE WRITER:

Mr Ong Hoe Yeen is a restaurant manager, mixologist and sake sommelier. He has been in the F&B industry for 27 years.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since when is it the businesses responsibility to enforce gahmen regulations? Businesses are suppose to follow regulations, like food safety, accounting standards etc,,,and why dont hammer the unvaccinated for not being vaccinated? they live with the consequences of not being vaccinated..where is the personal responsibility? The vaccinated ones are the ones in general which will not suffer a serious illness like those hype up by the media.

The gahmen can do the following:

1) Unvaccinated get no priority in medical A&E. They are to sign an AMD that if they are severely ill and need ventilators and ICU etc, they are not to be resuscitated and move on,,,

2) Unvaccinated will get no subsidy and medicare etc for their illness

3) Unvaccinated are not allowed to go onto any media platforms so KPKB about how they are discriminated.

The bottom line is 80% of the population is vaccinated,,that leaves the 20%, why should the majority suffer because of the minority? and please note,,the 80% has less chance of getting serious illness from the wuhan virus,,its the 20% who might need ventilators etc,,,in the BS to protect the hospitals the whole country is suffering,,,and the gahmen is afraid the 20% end up there,,,but to solve the problem just dont treat them and let them go,,why make shit difficult for everyone? This is nothing but the tyranny of the minority..

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If patrons cheat to gain entry the restaurant shouldn't be penalized or @most a small fine would suffice. Not to the extent of the business being suspended or being shut down..
Patrons who cheated should be punished instead..

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more you follow the rule set by PAP, the more your business will be screwed. Boycott the rules and go against the rules. Boycott all the establishments and see what happen, since economy is what they want, hurt them here.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok..today as usual, the media will play up the wuhan virus crap etc,,,but of course ppl still wont get vaccinated,,,,however the point is,,,the official fatality rate is 1%... but the real fatality rate is less than that,,,so what is the big issue? just let it run rampant,,,and let nature takes its course,,,if this was done from the beginning, this shit would have been over by now

9 more deaths as Singapore reports 3,058 new COVID-19 cases​

9 more deaths as Singapore reports 3,058 new COVID-19 cases

Commuters wearing face masks at Tampines Bus Interchange. (File photo: Calvin Oh)
17 Oct 2021 11:30PM(Updated: 18 Oct 2021 09:56AM)
Bookmark
WhatsAppTelegramFacebookTwitterEmailLinkedIn
SINGAPORE: Singapore reported 3,058 new COVID-19 cases as of noon on Sunday (Oct 17) with nine more people dying from complications due to the virus.
The fatalities, who were all Singaporean, are six men and three women, aged between 57 and 100. Seven were unvaccinated against COVID-19 and two were vaccinated.

ADVERTISEMENT​

Eight of them had various underlying medical conditions, while one who was unvaccinated had no known medical conditions. The Ministry of Health (MOH) did not specify what these conditions were.
This brings Singapore's death toll from the coronavirus to 233.
The 3,058 new cases reported on Sunday were a decrease from the 3,348 reported on Saturday.
Among the new cases, 3,055 are locally transmitted, comprising 2,454 infections in the community and 601 in migrant worker dormitories.
Three are imported cases, MOH said in its daily update released to media at about 11pm.

ADVERTISEMENT​

As of Sunday, Singapore has reported a total of 148,178 COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic.

HOSPITALISATIONS AND HOME RECOVERY​

Among all COVID-19 community cases that have been onboarded or admitted, 15,918 patients, or 74.8 per cent, are undergoing home recovery.
Another 2,986 are in community care facilities and 734 in COVID-19 treatment facilities.
The remaining 1,651 patients are currently warded in hospital, mostly for observation, said MOH. Of these, 327 patients need oxygen supplementation and 66 are in intensive care.
graphic

Over the last 28 days, out of 70,192 infected individuals, 1.1 per cent needed oxygen supplementation and 0.1 per cent were in intensive care. On Saturday, there were 62 in intensive care.

ADVERTISEMENT​

Among those who needed oxygen supplementation or intensive care, 48.5 per cent were fully vaccinated and 51.5 per cent were unvaccinated or partially vaccinated.

ACTIVE CLUSTERS​

MOH said it was currently "closely monitoring" five active clusters.
A cluster at Apex Harmony Lodge has a total of 12 cases, with two added on Sunday. These comprise four staff and eight residents.
There are a total of 63 cases in the existing cluster at ECON Medicare Centre and Nursing Home in Buangkok, with four reported on Sunday. Three of the cases are staff members, while the remaining 60 are residents.
A total of 109 cases have been detected in a cluster at MWS Christalite Methodist Home, with two added on Sunday. The cluster is made up of 15 staff members and 94 residents.

ADVERTISEMENT​

A cluster at Learning Vision at Changi Airport has 17 infections, with one added on Sunday. The cluster includes two staff, 13 students and two household members of cases.
A cluster of 14 cases is also being monitored closely at MY World Preschool at Hougang Dewcourt, with one new case added on Sunday. Among the cases, three are staff, nine are students and two are household contacts of cases.
moh-covid-19-large-clusters-oct-17-2021.png

Related:​

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the best way to end this would be for everyone to boycott malls and the
restaurants in them altogether. Once they are empty for a few weeks, all the rules will slip away.
Even if you are vaxxed, who wants to put up with the daily checks and harassment?

Do we really think the Leetards are going to stop at just malls?
After this they will try office buildings.
Then MRT

But Singaporeans love to be boiled like frogs....slowwwwwwwly.

If everyone stayed out of these places it would send a strong message.
But previously we had 60% retards...now it's climbed to 83%

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is so easy for the PAP to flip prata as they just push the buck to the shopping centres/F&B outlets and supermarkets to enforce.
No matter how ridiculous are their rules, locals just complain and get on with it, so there is no pressure on the PAP to change their arrogant behaviour.
Unless locals take action eg like in the immediate post before this , the worse is yet to come-
I am fully vac but have refused to eat at any shopping malls and will not patronise any coffeshop that ask for my vaccination status.
PAP are turning locals against one another

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You must be joking to think people can boycott malls. Most have already gone mad after 2 years of constantly changing rules.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think the best way to end this would be for everyone to boycott malls and the
restaurants in them altogether. Once they are empty for a few weeks, all the rules will slip away.
Even if you are vaxxed, who wants to put up with the daily checks and harassment?

Do we really think the Leetards are going to stop at just malls?
After this they will try office buildings.
Then MRT

But Singaporeans love to be boiled like frogs....slowwwwwwwly.

If everyone stayed out of these places it would send a strong message.
But previously we had 60% retards...now it's climbed to 83%
Sorry to say, you’re on your own here. Vaxxed or not, you have equal chance of dying. Just get the bloody vax so businesses can function again. So many retail shops have folded.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to say, you’re on your own here. Vaxxed or not, you have equal chance of dying. Just get the bloody vax so businesses can function again. So many retail shops have folded.

LOL....just get the vaccine.....shut the fuck up cunt.
You can have my share...tell them I sent you.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LOL....just get the vaccine.....shut the fuck up cunt.
You can have my share...tell them I sent you.
No thanks I’ve already got mine. You anti-vaxxers and the mRNA proponents are equally retarded. Both are fake science without concrete proof. The truth is “nobody knows”. Each of you ignore real life evidence from the other side and pretends to be know it all. You can join porcupattana on the top charts of Self Denial Experts.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Just get the bloody vax so businesses can function again."

I love this statement...complete fucking gibberish. And a barefaced lie.
Since when do I have to take an experimental and dangerous medication just to prop
up businesses...or protect your grandma...or save your fat unhealthy ass from covid?

You blind moron....did you not read the memo that vaccinated people can both get
and spread the infection with equal intensity?

R1.jpg

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Since when do I have to take an experimental and dangerous medication just to prop
up businesses...or protect your grandma...or save your fat unhealthy ass from covid?

You blind moron....did you not read the memo that vaccinated people can both get

View attachment 125316
Both are equally harmless. 99% of the casualties are old farts with other issues anyway.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iz always a challenge 2 do sumting n dun get cot ... later can brag big time ...

got cot oso never mind ... juz go out lor ...

restaurants die their biz ... got so many restaurants ... tis 1 close, go 2 another 1 lor ...

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
iz always a challenge 2 do sumting n dun get cot ... later can brag big time ...

got cot oso never mind ... juz go out lor ...

restaurants die their biz ... got so many restaurants ... tis 1 close, go 2 another 1 lor ...
Sigh… cannot… my favourite ramen restaurant closed down in United Square… this is the only thing that really affect me… it’s irreplaceable

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's probably just more pro-vaccination propaganda from the 160th media again, done at the behest of their PAP masters.

I remember not too long ago there was this vaccinated Malay woman who was interviewed and she suggested that her breast milk could have passed on the 'antibodies' from the vaccine to her baby. :rolleyes:

https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/lo...he-is-a-qualified-doctor.310922/#post-3483723