• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.cimbbank.com.my/promo/step_up_fd/

Only the 6th month is the interest 4.88% hahah. Seriously nothing would beat the "offset" interest rate of flexi accounts. Banks need to make money on the interest spread so there is no way they can offer depositors more interest they can earn :wink:

Make sense. The catch is 6 mths. Short term can still consider. Still make 0.68% for 6mth period if compare to average HL 4.2%.

Jimmy1978

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to interrupt the topic of FD, have got a question. Does anyone know if someone living in jb can apply for a posb credit card singapore? We both work in sg but live in jb and the wife wants to get a posb card cuz got good promotions

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Any requirements to secure a bank loan for buying property in Malaysia

Hi,

I am a newbie in this. Do i need to have a valid visa first for securing a bank loan to get a property? or what other stuffs do i need.

I will try to google it at the same time, any input from you guys will be very much appreciated.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Any requirements to secure a bank loan for buying property in Malaysia

You are truly a moron. After all that bullshit about Thailand, Australia, recycling etc you are going to JB. Instead of spamming with the same shit, why don't you read posts and improve yourself.

No visa needed.

Hi,

I am a newbie in this. Do i need to have a valid visa first for securing a bank loan to get a property? or what other stuffs do i need.

I will try to google it at the same time, any input from you guys will be very much appreciated.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i mean any guys who have purchased a property before in malaysia and know very well the process of securing loans from Malaysian banks and not just reading out from words and act like you know it all.... like someone here in this forum.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i check this out from CMIB bank:

Eligibility:

Individuals aged 18 years and above.

Non Malaysian citizen.

Requirements:

Salaried Applicant:
NRIC photocopy.
Latest 3 months' salary slip.

EA form / EPF statement (last 2 years).
Sales & Purchase Agreement / Booking receipt from developer.

Self-Employed:
NRIC photocopy.

Business registration A&D
Last 3 months bank statement

Maybe i need to go to the bank itself or call them up to ask

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

while googling, i bump into this:
http://www.holidayhometimes.com/own...laysia-special-emphasis-foreigners212115.html

Of late there has been talks of the Malaysian government toying with the idea of doubling the entry price at which foreigners can buy property in the country from RM500,000 (about £100,000) to RM1 million. The new rules have not yet been implemented, and so currently it is relatively cheap to buy a house or apartment in Malaysia.

There are several reasons why foreign nationals choose Malaysia as their investment and retirement destination. The climate is pleasant, returns on property investment are good, there is a wide range of properties available and above that, the country has very expat-friendly laws. Except for some parts of Malaysia, where land can only be bought and sold by Bumiputera (Malays and other indigenous groups), foreign nationals can easily own a property here.

Additionally, with the Malaysia My Second Home programme (MM2H), the government is also encouraging retirees to come to the country and invest in real estate. The process for buying property in Malaysia is straightforward and well-established, although it is highly recommended that you have appropriate legal representation from a legal expert or lawyer who can guide you through the process. Foreign nationals intending to purchase a property in Malaysia needs to obtain the respective state’s consent. In most cases, your lawyer (if you hire one) will submit this application on your behalf.

Once you have decided on the location and subsequently on a property, the standard procedure for purchasing a property is:

(i) Sign letter of offer and pay 3% of purchase price as earnest deposit
(ii) After 14 days, sign the sale and purchase agreement and pay 7% of the purchase price
(iii) Pay balance of purchase price within three months.

The entire process of transferring the funds and the necessary paperwork should be completed within three months of the initial agreement.

STAMP DUTY ON A PROPERTY PURCHASE:
In Malaysia, all transfer of property is subject to Government Stamp Duty. The rate of Stamp Duty is based on the value of property, which is:
1% on the first RM100,000
2% on the next RM400,000
3% on the next RM1,500,000.

RESTRICTIONS:
There are certain restrictions in Malaysia for foreign nationals buying a property in the country. Foreign nationals are not allowed to acquire:
(i) Properties valued less than RM500,000 per unit
(ii) Residential units under the category of low and low-medium cost as determined by the State Authority
(iii) Properties built on Malay reserved land; and
(iv) Properties allocated to Bumiputera interest in any property development project as determined by the State Authority.

BENEFITS OF THE MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME PROGRAMME (MM2H):

The Malaysia My Second Home programme (MM2H) is a plan to encourage foreign nationals to spend time in Malaysia as a retirement destination or to just stay for extended days, with preferential treatment given to them. Applicants are allowed to bring their spouses and unmarried children below the age of 21 as dependents. The best part about the programme is that one can apply directly without any agent’s help. The procedure of property transaction is the same as usual.

This programme is targeted towards people who are more than 50 years of age. They are to show proof of liquid asset of RM350,000 and an offshore income of RM10,000 per month, or same amount of pension from government approved fund for the retired group. If no proof of income can be shown, they must maintain fixed deposits throughout the tenure of the programme, which is RM150,000 for the first year, then RM100,000 for every year onwards.

For those who are below 50 years old and wish to participate this programme, the requirements are higher. They need to place a deposit of RM 300,000 for the first year, and RM150,000 for second year onwards until they end their tenure. The deposit can only be withdrawn for the purpose of house purchase, children’s education in Malaysia or medical purposes. However, the deposits that foreigners need to maintain for the first year can be reduced to RM150,000 and RM 100,000 for below and above 50 respectively, if they own the title of a fully paid of any property worth RM1 Million.

In addition to the benefits stated above, buying a property under the MM2H programme entitles to the following benefits in Malaysia:

A foreigner may get loan up to 80 percent (normally for foreigner is 60 percent)
100 percent registered as owner of property
Upon selling, there is no Capital Gain Tax.
Procedure for buying a property under MM2H:

Identify the property in which the participant intends to acquire
Buy properties that have been issued the Certificate of Fitness (CF)
Seek information on the property from relevant authorities
Assign a lawyer and get the Sale and Purchase Agreement signed
Documents required to buy a property under MM2H:
The documents required to buy a property in Malaysia under this programme is more or less the same as those required to buy any property by a foreign national but not under this scheme. These documents include:

Details of the property that is desired
Attach copy of Sale and Purchase Agreement, master title/strata title, passport or I/C or/and relevant documents deemed necessary
A covering letter stating the details of the property.
PLEASE NOTE:
Starting July 12, 2012, all MM2H applications must submit bank account statements that show the latest 3 months deposit for monthly income (either from salary/ rental/ interest earned/ shares/ etc) or government-approved pensions into the applicant’s bank accounts. MM2H applications before that are not subjected to this requirement.

I am particularly like the word OWN a property... it makes perfect sense to pay a mortgage for a number of years and finally OWN it, rather than pay on something that you can't own it after the so called 99 years.

Last edited:

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Which bank offers the best FD rate for non-residents?

Hi brothers and sisters,

I want to open a business current account with hong leong bank hor, but i read from the website they need an introducer.

As i am going to open a priority personal account as i am going to get malaysia second home. So just wondering if i have a personal account with them, then can have this opportunity to request for opening of current account without introducer?

Please help ahhh!

Thank you.

Fuck pap to hell.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why must HL.....

UOB can? I open UOB with no introducer. Jalan Wong Ah Fook branch.

I just walk in with passport , IC and RM5000 initial deposit.

Hi brothers and sisters,

I want to open a business current account with hong leong bank hor, but i read from the website they need an introducer.

As i am going to open a priority personal account as i am going to get malaysia second home. So just wondering if i have a personal account with them, then can have this opportunity to request for opening of current account without introducer?

Please help ahhh!

Thank you.

Fuck pap to hell.

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore i got UOB. So i dont want UOB in malaysia. Hong Leong Bank quite good as i am going to have my personal account with them.

What your opinion about other banks?

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Someone by the nick of Sally Teo made the following comment in yahoo...

Beware ! Not only those points raised but also the non-transparent Banking system in Malaysia. If you have monies with any Bank in Malaysia and it is inactive - VOOM it will be gone! Into the pockets of Bank Negara ! Your Bank does not inform you and they wash their hands off after that - you are on your own to make fruitless attempt to claim your money back.
Even if you manage to get the approval - the money never gets returned. All you get are craps that your draft got returned and then they never sent it again.
Trust me - i cant get my money back and my Bank is a large international Bank branch in JB - they recently sold off Pin-Ann insurance in China.

Are there any rules in Malaysia central bank that confiscate funds from dormant accounts?

Last edited:

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi bros and sis,

i am getting a 2nd property soon. Took up 80% loan to take advantage of interest-free during construction period offered by developer for the first property.

I have 2 loan options for the 2nd property, either take up a 2nd 80% loan interest-free during construction again or pick up a 90% loan with interest during construction period.

I anticipate a 3rd property purchase next year. What would a property investor chose? Can you pls advice which is a better option. I'm a Singaporean if this makes a difference.

Thanks.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hi bros and sis,

i am getting a 2nd property soon. Took up 80% loan to take advantage of interest-free during construction period offered by developer for the first property.

I have 2 loan options for the 2nd property, either take up a 2nd 80% loan interest-free during construction again or pick up a 90% loan with interest during construction period.

I anticipate a 3rd property purchase next year. What would a property investor chose? Can you pls advice which is a better option. I'm a Singaporean if this makes a difference.

Thanks.

You forget to mention how many year till you collect key...

If 3-4 years wait, go for interest free.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal

The 2nd property is a condo unit and construction will take 3 years to complete. in view of a possible 3rd property purchase for investment (max of 70% loan by law), could u further explain why you would prefer an interest-free loan (80% loan) over the other (90% loan).

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi guys thanks for all the info ,just need to check with anybody has loan with a low income say 2500s$ but plan to get more through rental of hdb house ,my question is will the bank consider this rental income as a consideration for the loan since I am planning to rent hdb here and buy a house in jb to stay ,thanks for the replies.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi guys thanks for all the info ,just need to check with anybody has loan with a low income say 2500s$ but plan to get more through rental of hdb house ,my question is will the bank consider this rental income as a consideration for the loan since I am planning to rent hdb here and buy a house in jb to stay ,thanks for the replies.

Hi Skooz,

I might not know more coz myslef also going through the process of loan approving. What i know is bank will let you money if you or household income of SGD$5k. If you are married best add you wife income. if not i reallt dont know liao, but best you can check with the malaysia banker in any bank. I doubt they will consider that even you rent out your HDB flat for extra income. BUt no harm checking too. Cheers bro all the best.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal

I applied loan to 2 banks. They did not want to include my rental
income. So I don't think the bank will bother to look into the future
rental .

Shaven

Alfrescian
Loyal

i check this out from CMIB bank:

Eligibility:

Individuals aged 18 years and above.

Non Malaysian citizen.

Requirements:

Salaried Applicant:
NRIC photocopy.

Self-Employed:
NRIC photocopy.

Business registration A&D
Last 3 months bank statement

Maybe i need to go to the bank itself or call them up to ask
its best you go find out from banks even the developer can help you. from my experience:
HSBC:
If employed need the following:
Company letter, 3mos payslip, CBS report (SGP), recent bank statement latest 2mos.
SCB:
Company letter, 3mos payslip, recent bank statement
f you are foreigner you need to pay gov't levy of RM12K and prop must >RM500K

julyaric720

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is really cool, I like here!
waha.jpg

anthonion

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi all, recently book a unit (1st pty in Msia). can someone advise which bank offers best mortgage package? It seems ppl before were mentioning RHB (BLR-2.5%). is it still the best one out there?
if yes, could kindly pm me banker contact? if no, which bank has the best? really many thanks.