• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

Equinox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Butadesu,

Lock-in starts from first disbursement. So if construction is 3 years and lock in also 3 years there be no lock in period liao after VP.
You might want to clarify this again with the RHB banker that I pm u...

Mind sharing which development is offering the DIBS?

Thanks FHBH12, I got your PM.

May I know lets say I have DIBS by my developer and construction period is 3 years.
If there is 3 years lockin, does the lockin period starts after TOP or starts immediately?

If lockin period starts after TOP. If I want to sell my property within the lockin period, it means I have to pay interest even if I can repay all my loan right?

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Equinox.
I'm vested in Paragon@Straits View.
Heard a lot of good and bad about it.
Not sure if I have made the right decision.

Equinox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ooh ok.. I would have bought it too if I had enough bullets..
Actually I was invited for the preview sometime early last month.. Might have gotten choice unit and lower psf price I think..

Yup, there's mixed review about the development. I think its better than Twin Galaxy and Summerplace @ Meldrum, juz my opinion though. No offence to those who have interest in either..... Haha, me got the same feeling too when I bought my very 1st condo in JB. Some more back then there was no DIBS being offered in any development! Btw, is it for own stay or investment?

There were ppl distributing flyers for Paragon at Civic Centre today... Flyers indicates starting price from S$250K and low downpayment.
How much did u pay psf?

Thanks Equinox.
I'm vested in Paragon@Straits View.
Heard a lot of good and bad about it.
Not sure if I have made the right decision.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ooh ok.. I would have bought it too if I had enough bullets..
Actually I was invited for the preview sometime early last month.. Might have gotten choice unit and lower psf price I think..

Yup, there's mixed review about the development. I think its better than Twin Galaxy and Summerplace @ Meldrum, juz my opinion though. No offence to those who have interest in either..... Haha, me got the same feeling too when I bought my very 1st condo in JB. Some more back then there was no DIBS being offered in any development! Btw, is it for own stay or investment?

There were ppl distributing flyers for Paragon at Civic Centre today... Flyers indicates starting price from S$250K and low downpayment.
How much did u pay psf?

Mine is in the high floor >20
After the 10% cash back, it is 800+ psf.
I did some research in JB CBD before deciding on paragon.
I felt it is the safest bet for newbie like me to invest in.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
UOB asked if I was interested. I said yes and they gave me a form to fill. The card was sent to me two weeks later.

No, I do not have fd with UOB.

thanks for sharing , i heard malaysia credit cards needs to be annual fees as they usu wont waive it ...
btw , uob credit card is it a gd use in malaysia?

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. The credit card in Malaysia generally are free for life, or yo can ask for waiver. However there is a government tax of RM50 per year for credit card which can't be waive.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cameraman

thanks for the reply .

UOB just send me the form for the credit card and informed abt new FD promotion :

Currently we have FD promotion with ;

1 mth FD @ 3.25% p.a

3 mths FD @ 3.55% p.a

12 mths FD @ 3.65% p.a

with minimum initial deposit of RM10k (fresh fund)

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Camerman

Now i am looking at the form , its says fee waiver subject to cumulative spending RM60k + 12 transactions for the platinum ,master/visa card
For the classic cards its free for 60 transactions/yr ...

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is UOB One card. Is this what you are applying for?

I am putting my money into the loan account to offset the loan interest rate. So, no extra money for FD.

Camerman

Now i am looking at the form , its says fee waiver subject to cumulative spending RM60k + 12 transactions for the platinum ,master/visa card
For the classic cards its free for 60 transactions/yr ...

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I looked at the ONE classic card , still 60 transactions leh but quite easily acheieve if u use it to pump petrol and buy things in jb.
I think i will apply lady's classic ...
How u make the payment ? u having flexi acct ??

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that 60 transactions are easily achievable. If not, just split the bill into multiple payments.

I just electronically transfer the money from my loan account to pay the bill.

If you do not know already, you can have cheque facility as well. It will be very useful when paying for renovation.

I looked at the ONE classic card , still 60 transactions leh but quite easily acheieve if u use it to pump petrol and buy things in jb.
I think i will apply lady's classic ...
How u make the payment ? u having flexi acct ??

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
MRTA can be bought on shorter duration basis instead of full loan duration, this will improve the interest rates u get for the loan amount

smallestdog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have signed for a small unit at One Medini, and am looking at financing options.

So far, I have gotten some rates from UOB and HSBC (both attached to developer, and the consultants don't seem very interested to follow up) and also Hong Leong Bank. At the moment, HLB seems to be the most attractive for full flexi package at BLR-2.35% for 80% loan, no MRTA, RM200 setup fee and RM10 monthly.

Any other banks/ loan consultants to recommend ? I realise that my case may not be very attractive to some banks (leasehold property and my purchase price is sub RM400k), but would like to get some more choices if possible. Anyone has a loan from CIMB ? How are they ?

Thanks !!

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro yonglip, y r u all not getting back in here? Come back la ...

I would think the only reason they can't appear here using their original identities is they can't withstand the forumers' "moderation" of their comments here. They prefer to hole-up in in their own enclave and build caste in the air together. :*:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would think the only reason they can't appear here using their original identities is they can't withstand the forumers' "moderation" of their comments here. They prefer to hole-up in in their own enclave and build caste in the air together. :*:

Its becos i got no time for people like you who write shit comments in this forum. I rather deal with real and genuine people than fake buddhist like you who go around misquoting the Buddha. Buddhists do not go around antagonizing others, they dont pick fights, when faced with people like you, they simply smile and walk away.

cheers.