• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Guide to your banking needs in Malaysia

UOB: BLR-2.3%, no mrta, lock-in 1year
Alliance: BLR-2.4%, no mrta, lock-in 3years

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybank : BLR-2.4%, no lock in...not sure whether MRTA is compulsory or not..will be meeting the banker this weekend

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

RHB: BLR-2.5%, no MRTA, 3 year lock in.

Mistake. MRTA included for RHB. No lock in. I noticecancellation fee of 1% of loan amount though. Does tt mean if i repay early i have to pay 1% penalty?

Last edited:

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybank : BLR-2.4%, no lock in...not sure whether MRTA is compulsory or not..will be meeting the banker this weekend

hi Nickyu, please pm me your banker's contact. hopefully can make appointment with him.

thank you.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mistake. MRTA included for RHB. No lock in. I noticecancellation fee of 1% of loan amount though. Does tt mean if i repay early i have to pay 1% penalty?

-2.5 is very attractive.
Do you mind sharing the banker's contact??

Equinox

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, just like to share..

About a month back, I contacted my banker from RHB wrt in-principle loan for my 2nd property. I was told that RHB is now offering BLR -2.5, compulsory MRTA and 3 years lock-in period. The tenor of loan is now extended to 70 years old (age of borrower).

Their current offer is much attractive than the loan that I took up with them.

-2.5 is very attractive.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

-2.5 is very attractive.

I just PM you. I just signed the loan agreement. I cannot find the clause stating 3 years lock in, so I assume it is not there. It shares the same lawyer as KSL lawyer for the BH project, that's why I find it very convenient too.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, just like to share..

About a month back, I contacted my banker from RHB wrt in-principle loan for my 2nd property. I was told that RHB is now offering BLR -2.5, compulsory MRTA and 3 years lock-in period. The tenor of loan is now extended to 70 years old (age of borrower).

Their current offer is much attractive than the loan that I took up with them.

Compulsory is good for my case, because I haven't figured out how to get one and don't have the time to tie everything together.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just PM you. I just signed the loan agreement. I cannot find the clause stating 3 years lock in, so I assume it is not there. It shares the same lawyer as KSL lawyer for the BH project, that's why I find it very convenient too.

Guess they have tightened their measures on home loan

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks FHBH12, I got your PM.

May I know lets say I have DIBS by my developer and construction period is 3 years.
If there is 3 years lockin, does the lockin period starts after TOP or starts immediately?

If lockin period starts after TOP. If I want to sell my property within the lockin period, it means I have to pay interest even if I can repay all my loan right?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
In JB the banks have an odd system. I was told that I need to pay interest on the loan amount even if it were not drawn equivalent to day-light robbery Perhaps this is only for my case for the first month only since it will TOP *very* soon. The lock in should start from first disbursement for Singapore banks, but not sure about Malaysian banks. You also need to open a savings account with the bank and have the loan account link to it. Then you can TT directly into this account and the bank deducts the loan installment from it every month. You can probably call the bank officer to ask. Cheers.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
In JB the banks have an odd system. I was told that I need to pay interest on the loan amount even if it were not drawn equivalent to day-light robbery Perhaps this is only for my case for the first month only since it will TOP *very* soon. The lock in should start from first disbursement for Singapore banks, but not sure about Malaysian banks. You also need to open a savings account with the bank and have the loan account link to it. Then you can TT directly into this account and the bank deducts the loan installment from it every month. You can probably call the bank officer to ask. Cheers.

In my CIMB flexi loan agreement and product disclosure sheet, (got it end Jun 2012) it is stated clearly that 3 yr lockin starts from date of first disbursement and that during construction only need to pay interest for the amount disbursed with normal monthly installment commencement upon full drawdown.
Best to read and understand your loan agreement and clarify with bank officer.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is tied in with MRTA and legal fee. I figure that most likely the interest is for these components rather than the disbursement to the developer, which is about 1 month later. I hope to clear this loan asap, because it is 4.1% which is very high in Singapore's context.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My loan is with UOB. Normal monthly installment can commence when 50% of the loan has been disbursed. UOB also has this credit card which offered rebate every month. It is 5% on petrol and 2% at major super mart.

that during construction only need to pay interest for the amount disbursed with normal monthly installment commencement upon full drawdown.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
My loan is with UOB. Normal monthly installment can commence when 50% of the loan has been disbursed. UOB also has this credit card which offered rebate every month. It is 5% on petrol and 2% at major super mart.

cameraman

how u get e credit card ? with fd acct ?

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone else could give me the contact of any RHB bankers? I tired to contact the one given to me by FHBH12 but no reply.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone else could give me the contact of any RHB bankers? I tired to contact the one given to me by FHBH12 but no reply.

I have PMed you another of her contacts again. She is busy recently running between Singapore and JB for property events. I just met her this Wed at my office to sign the contract. Wish you success.