• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
, at 6 pm there will be the worst floodings and possibly also into the inner center.

One more thing you can bring to bangkok, inflatable boat, so that you can row row, row your boat to your company.
jyflood1.jpg

THE latest must-have item in Bangkok city is not cars but boats.

Most shops that sell inflatable or wooden dinghies have nearly run out of them as nervous city residents prepare for the worst.

Madam Anuttra, 38, a Thai freelance writer who lives in Bangkok told The New Paper that small boats which used to cost between 1,000 and 2,000 Thai baht (S$40 to S$80), are now selling for 9,000 Thai Baht (S$370) at hardware stores.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A storm has just started some 5 minutes ago. Not a good timing as we're approaching high tide. The wind is unusually strong.

KYP, be careful as I heard Sat/Sun is very crucial.

I was told that our location is lucky because although I am very close to Laksi and its flooded the water is going into the klong. So my area should be ok. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
KYP, be careful as I heard Sat/Sun is very crucial.

I was told that our location is lucky because although I am very close to Laksi and its flooded the water is going into the klong. So my area should be ok. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I know. I watched a special segment of a program (I couldn't remember what channel, but it's neither 3, 5, nor 7), and they provided the different days and timings of the high tide.

I was @ Silom this afternoon, and everything seemed okay. Back to Thonglor, the road was clear and like a ghost town. I have been monitoring the fluctuations of the levels in most of the canals. I believe my side will escape if there is no storm. We will be saved by Khlong Saen Saep. But Ramhkamhaeng might experience flood up to knee level because it's nearer to the East side. They're directing the water to the East and West.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First time I see so many people and cars in Pattaya. BKK ladies really makeup and dress well and pretty even when they are running road to Pattaya. :smile:
Busy helping my BKK friends who runroad to Pattaya. Was expecting 4 pax but ended up 5 families arrived. :*:

Yesterday as a nice and sunny weather today and hopefully, today.

News from TV3 reported just need to endure till the end of the month.

KYP, Need to made a trip to Gaysorn or Emporium either today or tomorrow. Plan to come by bus. Are there place still open? Thanks.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
First time I see so many people and cars in Pattaya. BKK ladies really makeup and dress well and pretty even when they are running road to Pattaya. :smile:
Busy helping my BKK friends who runroad to Pattaya. Was expecting 4 pax but ended up 5 families arrived. :*:

KYP, Need to made a trip to Gaysorn or Emporium either today or tomorrow. Plan to come by bus. Are there place still open? Thanks.

From Pattaya to downtown Bangkok? Your very free ah?

I think both places should be ok for today but not Ratchada and flood water expected to flow down from Don Muang. But if in Sukhumvit be careful at Soi 50 seems to be flooding.

By the way you go these two places to look for Burberry boots ah?

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think both places should be ok for today but not Ratchada and flood water expected to flow down from Don Muang. But if in Sukhumvit be careful at Soi 50 seems to be flooding.

Not Bulbery but urgently need to get a birthday present only available at these places. Think need to make a trip to BKK today.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gaysorn not guarantee. But Emporium definitely open.

Now I can confirm Boots and Watson, they have two counters - General and Pharmacy. The staff in white robe managing the pharmacy counter are indeed pharmacists.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

She should have worn army boots. Anyway what's up at my favorite Sukhumvit Soi 4 Nana?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sukhumvit @ Phra Khanong area is prone to flood, but has nothing to with the the water from the North. Any areas with small canals are likely to flood during high tide or a gush of water caused by heavy downpour.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Not Bulbery but urgently need to get a birthday present only available at these places. Think need to make a trip to BKK today.

I think the cost of your trip including that 4-5 hrs is very expensive already. Must be for a very special person or you were fucked big time and need to beg for forgiveness. LOL.