• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Any real live updates from inner BKK? Thong Lor and Klong Toey? Pattaya still standing strong with daily traffic jams and the unpredictable rains.

Go to the googlemap link I posted its very up to date.

Just spoke to my maid. She sounded happy and calm that flood not come to home yet. I warned her there my be evacuation notice from the army if things get bad she told me she will resist going because she she confident she can survive at home. She's crazy, will leave her alone.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The way to handle flood situation is actually easy and inexpensive. Once the rain or tide comes to a point that you adjudge that flood is inevitable, evacuate. Take just your valuables and treasurables along with you. In context of central Thailand and Bangkok, there's no need to go to Japan like rich Joetys can afford to.

Please la I planned this trip since August.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The way to handle flood situation is actually easy and inexpensive. Once the rain or tide comes to a point that you adjudge that flood is inevitable, evacuate. Take just your valuables and treasurables along with you. In context of central Thailand and Bangkok, there's no need to go to Japan like rich Joetys can afford to. Just hop over to Songkhla or Malaysia and wait a few weeks will do. Take a break and enjoy the vacation. Let the house and furniture be flooded. Defending your furniture against flood is going to cost more time, effort and money, and incur more personal risk, than simply buying new furniture and calling for some structural repairs when you return after the flood has subsided. Take it as periodical renovation and upgrading. :wink:

Ram, to the rich and famous, their 'valuables' most probably can fit into a small briefcase and runroad. For the average Thais, their valuables most probably be gold, cars/trucks or motorcycles. For the lower income Thais, their valuables might be TV, washing machine. How to runroad with a TV? A friend of mine who's factory is Nonthaburi, his most valuable is his plant machinery. No way, he can run road with the machinery, not even with 3 trailers.

One thing you mentioned is very true, have to made own judgement and not depend on the news.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go to the googlemap link I posted its very up to date.

Just spoke to my maid. She sounded happy and calm that flood not come to home yet. I warned her there my be evacuation notice from the army if things get bad she told me she will resist going because she she confident she can survive at home. She's crazy, will leave her alone.

Joe, your maid might be correct. Because, once the zone is classified as critical, can only go out of moo baan but cannot come in. Security and safety reasons. One, to prevent outsiders from coming in to steal things. Two, to facilitate rescue efforts.

As long as she have enough rations, that might be better than staying at the relief centres.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ram, to the rich and famous, their 'valuables' most probably can fit into a small briefcase and runroad. For the average Thais, their valuables most probably be gold, cars/trucks or motorcycles. For the lower income Thais, their valuables might be TV, washing machine. How to runroad with a TV? A friend of mine who's factory is Nonthaburi, his most valuable is his plant machinery. No way, he can run road with the machinery, not even with 3 trailers.

One thing you mentioned is very true, have to made own judgement and not depend on the news.

Why the hell do anyone, rich or poor, wants to run road with a TV? :confused: You can't receive anything on it when there's a flood and electricity is off.

Now, factory machinery is another matter, that's true. However, any prudent businessman should have insurance on it.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please la I planned this trip since August.
ha ha ha, everyone now think you run road to JAPAN at the first sight of flood. Holiday at hokkaido, that mean you are rich and you leave your maid to fend the house while you enjoy the nature of Japan.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course your maid is happy. She is frolicking in Pattaya with his Isaan gig.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
ha ha ha, everyone now think you run road to JAPAN at the first sight of flood. Holiday at hokkaido, that mean you are rich and you leave your maid to fend the house while you enjoy the nature of Japan.

I'm not so bad la bro. I planned this with wife long ago. I did not just leave to fend for herself. I prepared everything already: sandbags barricade ; cement wall front of door ; sealed up whole house ; stocked up food and water to last a month ; electric generator ; Glock etc etc

Home 3.jpg

Home 2.jpg

Home 4.jpg

Home 5.jpg

Home 1.jpg

Of course your maid is happy. She is frolicking in Pattaya with his Isaan gig.

At least she has something to amuse herself with.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest update from Pattaya.

Foodland in Pattaya has began purchase restrictions.

Drinking water - 3 bottles
Egg - 1 pack of 12
Instant Noodle - 6 packs
Rice - 5 KG

Instant noodle (mama) and rice all emptied out on the shelves. Think this is getting more serious. Will be going to Makro to stock up some essential items.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello hello you got serve NS in singapore or not? why your sandbag so badly done? If i am your sergent, hit your head with glock.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'm 45 now why wold I want to do any sandbags. Someone else do it for me la, just pay 50baht for each someone will do it. Sure back pain.

By the way I'm one of them sappers in NS.

hello hello you got serve NS in singapore or not? why your sandbag so badly done? If i am your sergent, hit your head with glock.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm 45 now why wold I want to do any sandbags. Someone else do it for me la, just pay 50baht for each someone will do it. Sure back pain.

By the way I'm one of them sappers in NS.

dun say sappers like something to be proud of, maybe for you, not for us. (combat fit pes A)

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
BANGKOK, Oct 26 - Bangkok governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra on Wednesday warned city dwellers in all 50 districts to brace for flooding as a significant portion of the backed up floodwater from the North is arriving the capital tonight.

The governor made the announcement as he inspected the water level in Chao Phraya River, which he said is likely to be at 2.40 metres above mean sea level.

Mr Sukhumbhand alerted the public that floodwater from the North is also arriving Bangkok Wednesday night, bringing the situation to a critical point.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just got warning from my Export Manager that tomorrow government will drain water from north to south via Vibphavadi Rangsit Road and also Nongjok and Ladkrabang. I think Bangkok is really fucked big time tomorrow.

BANGKOK, Oct 26 - Bangkok governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra on Wednesday warned city dwellers in all 50 districts to brace for flooding as a significant portion of the backed up floodwater from the North is arriving the capital tonight.

The governor made the announcement as he inspected the water level in Chao Phraya River, which he said is likely to be at 2.40 metres above mean sea level.

Mr Sukhumbhand alerted the public that floodwater from the North is also arriving Bangkok Wednesday night, bringing the situation to a critical point.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aOZZSjKai_w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A video paints a thousand pics.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just got warning from my Export Manager that tomorrow government will drain water from north to south via Vibphavadi Rangsit Road and also Nongjok and Ladkrabang. I think Bangkok is really fucked big time tomorrow.

If your maid needs help, don't hesistate to PM me.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many threads on the Thai floods but will post updates on this one.

Drinking water and instant noodle sold out in Makro, BigC, Tesco and Foodland (Pattaya). Did not follow the news this afternoon but must be some announcement that triggers the panick buying. Manage to buy some remaining expensive evian water and japanese cup noodle.

The information I got was the fear of cutting off of water supply from the sources which might have been contaminated with the flood water. Cannot verify the source but I do have my own water filtration system.

Latest official news from PM is there's a possibility of entire BKK being flooded with the worst case scenario of 1.5 meters deep.

Anyway, a long day for me. Take care.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If your maid needs help, don't hesistate to PM me.

Sure Ramsie. At this moment she is all stocked up and packed if you know what I mean. I am fucking serious that she needs to be well packed, for this she totally agree with me especially after spending so many weeks in the range.

Last edited: