• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Balakrishnan say sporeans are my patients, i will find out the problems

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Better communications and dialogue with citizens - that's what the government will do more of, said Minister of Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivian Balakrishnan.

He was speaking to the media at the sidelines of a graduation ceremony at Republic Polytechnic.

Dr Balakrishnan said the election has been a good learning journey and at the strategic level, many PAP policies are right but their implementation and communication can be improved.

He gave a medical analogy to illustrate his point.

He said: "It's not good enough just to do the right operation. We have to take informed consent, which means especially when you are going into an uncertain future, especially when there may be more than one option, and especially when there are trade offs, complications, implications and consequences from different choices of procedure.

"It's very very important to talk to the patient, to explain these choices and the different trade offs and make sure the people of Singapore understand this and participate more actively in the decision-making process."

At the same time, he said Singapore needs a strong government that can make tough decisions.

As for George Yeo's defeat in Aljunied GRC, Dr Balakrishnan said it is not the fault of the GRC system and that the people have made their choice. However, he added it is a loss for Singapore.

Dr Balakrishnan said: "George was one of the people who brought me into politics. I have served under him in MTI and he has been such an inspiration and a mentor, so it was very disappointing but politics isn't fair and politics is not predictable, so in a sense, these are the realities of politics that all have us have to learn to live with."

He said Mr Yeo's defeat proved that no politician is "indispensable".

"It's an affirmation of a lesson in humility for all politicians and never never take people for granted and never take people's feelings, hopes, fears and pain for granted - and beyond policies and implementation, we need to make sure people will trust us."

As for the Holland-Bukit Timah GRC, he said his team will find out why some 40 per cent voted against them and sort out any issues residents may have.

At the graduation ceremony at Republic Polytechnic, Dr Balakrishnan told graduates of an uncertain future, with more challenges and opportunities ahead. He also told them that family was more important than money in their pursuit of happiness.

-CNA/ac

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reasons are as clear as could be, and if they knew and wanted to explain, not necessary as their response were indicative enough of their arrogance and disregard of the cries and calls of people. If they still did not get what the problem was, then I am sure they did not learn the lesson but was reverting back to their old ways of trying to play ignorant or fake concern. In fact the people is the doctor and they are the patient. The people has already highlighted the festering wounds (MBT, VB & WKS) that need to be cut or removed from their party if they genuinely want to show they are serious in reviewling and reflecting.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which oath did he take as a doctor, the Hippocratic oath or Hypocritic Oath?

“How much do you want? Do you want three meals a day at a hawker center, food court, or restaurant?”

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk is cheap, but who knows Bala now has a change of heart? We will know in due course.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk is cheap, but who knows Bala now has a change of heart? We will know in due course.

His words already betrayed his thoughts. He did not say anything about reviewing his policies. He kept bleating on and on about "communicating" his policies to the people and letting them weigh the trade offs. Vivian should be among the first to be kicked out of cabinet together with WKS and MBT.

Taro Ries

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Doctor,
I am experiencing a jabbing pain in my rectum after every few months. The pain is especially acute every 5 years. The pain seems to coincide with a sudden weight loss in my wallet. Some times, the pain is so bad that when I scream, nothing comes out of my throat. I seem to have been gagged by an invisible force. The loss of my voice and the constant pain in the behind is causing me to contemplate jumping onto the MRT track. What could possibly be wrong with me?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Doctor,
I am experiencing a jabbing pain in my rectum after every few months. The pain is especially acute every 5 years. The pain seems to coincide with a sudden weight loss in my wallet. Some times, the pain is so bad that when I scream, nothing comes out of my throat. I seem to have been gagged by an invisible force. The loss of my voice and the constant pain in the behind is causing me to contemplate jumping onto the MRT track. What could possibly be wrong with me?

As George Yeo said, "Please see your MP"