1. IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Members are encouraged to install GOM or HOLA or TUNNELBEAR for an added layer of protection.

The SEX forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Australia, the lucky country.

Discussion in 'Emigration Matters [no rep deductions]' started by Ash007, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Ash007

Ash007 Alfrescian Old Timer

Australia is known as the lucky country because of its many natural and beautiful scenery in the country. It also has many resources from iron ore to uranium, and grows some of the best fruits and vegies in the world. Seafood is abundance and has plenty of sunshine and beach to enjoy.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/stop-whingeing-weve-got-it-pretty-good-here-20110811-1iob6.html

2. Leongsam

Leongsam Administrator Staff Member Old Timer Old Timer

It used to be short of water. That has changed in the last 12 months!:p

3. Ash007

Ash007 Alfrescian Old Timer

Mate the farmers always complains about something. Too much water, not enough water, too much sun, not enough sun. Don't be surprise that they would start complaining there is a flood next. Wait... that did happen in Queensland.

4. Raiders

Raiders Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod Old Timer

I have to agree that it is indeed a very beautiful country. Each city has it's own unique style and the people behaves slightly different. I have been to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne and I had so much fond memories of those places.

1 person likes this.
  5. williamwindsor

williamwindsor Alfrescian Old Timer

Good on you mate.

6. IWC2006

IWC2006 Alfrescian Old Timer

My take is the 'lucky country' is losing steam, it still have plenty of resources and a few years to go riding on the mining boom. However, the chinese are smart & Cunning creatures so they'll going to take more control on the global markets and not depending too much on Australia.

House prices are escalating and we are already seeing some correctons this year and more to come. retails are doing badly, education & tourism already suffered with the high Aud dollar, living costs/inflation are rising rapidly. With carbon tax starting next year more households are tightening their belts and not spending. I really don't see Australia as an attractive country to migrate than it was 10 years ago. The initial start-up costs could be too high more for many immigrants especially the housing costs and their income might not substain a comfortable lifestyle for family of 4 or more. Already we are seeing a high outlfow of immigrants as well as Aussies moving to greener pastures.

Attracting immigrants to come Australia is ultimately is still the laidback lifestyle, but if the living costs are unstaintable than it would only attract 2nd rated immigrants (those from underdeveloped countries).

yes, Australia is still a lucky country - but it still run by 2nd rated people - etc. it's government & policies.

7. neddy

neddy Alfrescian (Inf)

Welcome back.

These "2nd rated people" have been running Australia for a long long time, thanks to the British traditions.
    If Australia has a strong 1st rated govt, we may not be so lucky. Democratic governments are never up to any good - look at Japan, US & Europe.

At least non democratic governments are able to make happiness their agendas. :D All of them do, from Nazi Germany to Great Firewall of China.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  8. victoria stiles

victoria stiles New Member

Australia is a great place to enjoy a holiday and offers many unique and diverse experiences. Australia has over eight thousand islands Tasmania is the largest island off the mainland and is its own recognized state. Take a holiday on one of Australia's islands and enjoy water activities, camping, hiking, swimming, diving and see various wildlife. Visit the Great Barrier Reef from the islands off the Queensland coast, enjoy local gourmet food on Kangaroo Island and take a Phillip Island tour.

9. chupacabra

chupacabra Alfrescian Old Timer

All countries are facing tough times ahead. But in Oz you still be able to keep your sanity. In sinkeeland, there is no escape from the over-crowdedness ,
    heat, humidity, bad quality air(with or without the haze) and stupid sinkees.
    All these factors make it difficult for one to better themselves and to make the right call in anything you do. Of course there are those who are not the outdoors type and would prefer to have conveniences right at their doorstep. These people would probably find places like oz boring.

10. IWC2006

IWC2006 Alfrescian Old Timer

There are units/apartments built next to a mall - usually the supermarket near to city close pretty late (up to midnite) but yeah but all other shops are closed except cafes and pubs. Widnow shopping in Oz is a no-brainer (overpriced, bad quality) and the discount warehouse here is a joke (DFO eg.) U are better off shop online or shop overseas (eg. Thailand, HK, US) . Yes OZ is not a place to be if you prefer a 24 hr around the clock life like NYC or HK. Even the biggest city (Sydney) has little to offer after you experienced the city life say Tokyo, London, HK, NYC, Paris. Outdoor is fantastic though - lots of sports facilities and free access to parks and beaches. The 20 to early 30 somethings will find here remote and boring.

11. red amoeba

red amoeba Alfrescian (Inf)

indeed Australia is a nice country, with nice scenery, nature n layback way of life...i won't say blessed becos recently a bout of natural disaster...

basically Australia is basically self-sufficient...

but seriously, to stay there..hmm...i think I will pick New Zealand...further away from the crap...zits and zaps...if i really want to lay back n live the rest of my life somewhere quiet n forgotten.

12. neddy

neddy Alfrescian (Inf)

Down Under to make easy money. Shaky Isles for retirement. :D

13. Dreamer1

Dreamer1 Alfrescian Old Timer

Re: Australia, the 41st lucky country.Singapore Lumber Empat

Latest information:Australis only rank 41 out of 90 countries.
    The 10 most lucky countries as measured by Professor Hanke
    1.Japan-90
    2.Uzbekistan -89
    3.Taiwan-88
    4.Singapore-87
    5.S.Korea-86
    6.Thailand -85
    7.Qatar -84
    8.Malaysia-83
    9.China -82
    10.Panama -81
    http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/measuring-misery-around-world

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  14. vtran2684

vtran2684 Alfrescian Old Timer

They are still strict though in terms of border security.

15. da dick

da dick Alfrescian Old Timer

japan low resources, will die will internaional trade cut, hammer by earthquake and hurricane every year or every few months. if usa didn't conquer it and develop it into a real modern country, it would have turned into bangla land liao. like that lucky???

16. axe168

axe168 Alfrescian Old Timer

I get a few notices from you for attaching lengthy quotes. Go slap yourself for the above !! Or should i say f**k yourself ;)

17. SIFOOL

SIFOOL Alfrescian Old Timer

Don't be sad. Look on the bright side. At least u hold the sammyboy record for most BANNED clones. LOL

[​IMG]

18. axe168

axe168 Alfrescian Old Timer

I concur ! You have no idea how much the capital gain is for Melbourne ;)

Lucky Country, Lucky us !!! :)

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  19. steffychun

steffychun Alfrescian Old Timer

Home Page:
    Australia has good food.

20. neddy

neddy Alfrescian (Inf)

still people here with the passion to grow quality food, and cook them to perfection.

[​IMG]
    Successful Singapore migrant offering free churros with every order after 10pm this month only.

Second branch opened in East Vic Park, very popular

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2014