• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Attending a polytechnic was the best decision ever made in my life

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Attending a polytechnic was the best decision ever made in my life.

I aced my subjects with little effort, got to know many girls (really regretted not dating any since some seemed genuinely interested in moi) and had lots of time to pursue other interests, such as joining the choir.

Prior to this, I spent one year in a junior college; I couldn't stand the academic rigour and intense obsession with grades.... not to mention the boring school uniforms, teachers still treating you like kids and folks having to sing Majulah Singapura during daily morning assembly. To be frank I lost a fair bit of will to live back then, but got it all back in polytechnic and more.

I subsequently transferred to Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) and took up a course in information technology. It was way more practical and imparted an abundance of relevant work-related skills as compared to thoroughly useless theoretical science/math crap one had to regurgitate for the 'O'/'A' Levels.

You are being treated as an adult in a polytechnic. If you desire to graduate, then secure minimum attendance at lectures and tutorials, complete your assignments and needless to say, pass your examinations. There ain't no more stupid CCA points to accumulate which IMO hinders your overall personal growth. No more teachers hounding you to submit homework - if you don't get your act together, expect to be slapped with a bad or fail grade, plain and simple. No more worrying about having to tuck in your shirt all the time, or keeping your hair short, or wearing 90% white shoes.

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2019/01/attending-polytechnic-was-best-decision.html

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Attending a polytechnic was the best decision ever made in my life.

I aced my subjects with little effort, got to know many girls (really regretted not dating any since some seemed genuinely interested in moi) and had lots of time to pursue other interests, such as joining the choir.

Prior to this, I spent one year in a junior college; I couldn't stand the academic rigour and intense obsession with grades.... not to mention the boring school uniforms, teachers still treating you like kids and folks having to sing Majulah Singapura during daily morning assembly. To be frank I lost a fair bit of will to live back then, but got it all back in polytechnic and more.

I subsequently transferred to Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) and took up a course in information technology. It was way more practical and imparted an abundance of relevant work-related skills as compared to thoroughly useless theoretical science/math crap one had to regurgitate for the 'O'/'A' Levels.

You are being treated as an adult in a polytechnic. If you desire to graduate, then secure minimum attendance at lectures and tutorials, complete your assignments and needless to say, pass your examinations. There ain't no more stupid CCA points to accumulate which IMO hinders your overall personal growth. No more teachers hounding you to submit homework - if you don't get your act together, expect to be slapped with a bad or fail grade, plain and simple. No more worrying about having to tuck in your shirt all the time, or keeping your hair short, or wearing 90% white shoes.

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2019/01/attending-polytechnic-was-best-decision.html
I firmly believe that all polytechnics in sinkieland (except Republic Polytechnic) are providing quality education and imparting practical skills to those who want to learn. JCs and attaining A level are greatly over-rated.

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I firmly believe that all polytechnics in sinkieland (except Republic Polytechnic) are providing quality education and imparting practical skills to those who want to learn. JCs and attaining A level are greatly over-rated.

vat is wrong wif republic poly?

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the past it wasnt a choice. College students came tk poly tk learn ckmputer science. Was not offered anywhere else. Now its a shithoke