• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Attended more funerals this year, made me reflect on my life

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are too humble bro.
Gold is worth 50% more than platinum now

sp_en_6.gif
KNN die diao still care about gold value meh? It's the rarity of the chemical properties that I'm proud of, okay?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You good life at NZ now?

Far better compared to if I had stayed in Singapore. There's definitely more freedom here but of course along with that comes increased risk. There is no PAP to take care of my health and safety here I have fend for myself.

Laguna123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Far better compared to if I had stayed in Singapore. There's definitely more freedom here but of course along with that comes increased risk. There is no PAP to take care of my health and safety here I have fend for myself.
What is the increased risk?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking of asking my family to scatter my ashes into a garden at NZ, I don’t feel like I wanna be trapped in an urn when I died. My whole life felt like a slave to work and money already, just hope to be set free when I died.

You might want to consider this form of burial. But you'll turn into bird shit first before you can fertilize the ground.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
For 2023, it is like every 10 weeks, I have a funeral to attend.

It makes me reflect on my life; messed it up badly, be it my action or my health. When I thought about it, I only wished that I had been stronger. Now, I just hope my wife will live till ripe old-age peacefully and my kids takes good care of her. Hope to save more money for them.

In my religion, life is just part of the journey for my soul, it doesn't end here. I don't like funerals, and told my wife that I don't want one for myself when I leave. I have always treasured my rest days when nobody disturbs me. In fact, I feels that time flies very fast on Sundays (hahaha, sorry monday blues today). Perhaps when death falls upon, I would be taking a real long break.

i attended one funeral. he was my senior fren ex colleague in his late 50s. he had a heart attack 2 weeks after his 3rd pfizer injection and died. he was a super fit old man who exercised regularly and watched what he eats. no pre existing conditon, no high blood, no high cholesterol. just died like that. scary.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
What is the increased risk?

1. It's a very sparsely populated country. If you have an accident out in the countryside you could well die. There is no cellphone coverage and nobody else around for miles.

2. A sudden cold snap can freeze you to death if you are not prepared. People have died from the cold in their cars.

3. Hospitals with properly equipped A & E departments are few and far between. Even if you are rescued from an accident it could take hours before proper medical care is available.

5. If you get cancer in NZ treatment is sub standard.

6. Crime is way higher compared to Singapore. Guns are readily available on the black market.

7. The roads are more dangerous.... lots of drunk and drugged drivers especially at night. Road deaths are 3x to 4x higher compared Singapore.

8. Risk from earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes is omnipresent.

However prostitution and pimping is legal so those in this line of work are not at risk in NZ. In fact the profession is encouraged and health and safety regulations are in place along with government support for the industry.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
i attended one funeral. he was my senior fren ex colleague in his late 50s. he had a heart attack 2 weeks after his 3rd pfizer injection and died. he was a super fit old man who exercised regularly and watched what he eats. no pre existing conditon, no high blood, no high cholesterol. just died like that. scary.
50s is not old it's middle aged.

Laguna123

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. It's a very sparsely populated country. If you have an accident out in the countryside you could well die. There is no cellphone coverage and nobody else around for miles.

2. A sudden cold snap can freeze you to death if you are not prepared. People have died from the cold in their cars.

3. Hospitals with properly equipped A & E departments are few and far between. Even if you are rescued from an accident it could take hours before proper medical care is available.

6. Crime is way higher compared to Singapore. Guns are readily available on the black market.

7. The roads are more dangerous.... lots of drunk and drugged drivers especially at night. Road deaths are 3x to 4x higher compared Singapore.

However prostitution and pimping is legal so those in this line of work are not at risk in NZ. In fact the profession is encouraged and health and safety regulations are in place along with government support for the industry.
3. The hospital even at main city like Auckland/Queenstown cannot be not properly equip right?
5. How come rich country but no proper treatment for cancer?
6. I think in sg guns also can be easily smuggle in, we are so near to many 3rd world countries. Where does the supplies of guns in black market in NZ come from? Because NZ is quite isolated, it will be even harder to pass airport customs?
7. My 2 weeks drive at NZ from north or South Island didn’t see any road accident and the drivers seem more courteous than sinkie.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
3. The hospital even at main city like Auckland/Queenstown cannot be not properly equip right?
5. How come rich country but no proper treatment for cancer?
6. I think in sg guns also can be easily smuggle in, we are so near to many 3rd world countries. Where does the supplies of guns in black market in NZ come from? Because NZ is quite isolated, it will be even harder to pass airport customs?
7. My 2 weeks drive at NZ from north or South Island didn’t see any road accident and the drivers seem more courteous than sinkie.

The main centres such as Auckland have well equipped hospitals but not everyone lives there. I'm a 5 hour drive from a major hospital.

NZ is not a rich country. Singapore is far richer.

Guns are legal with a license. However they are stolen by the gangs and end up in the black market.

Your two weeks in NZ in the touristy routes do not represent the reality of what NZ roads are like.

nzherald.co.nz

New Zealand 2022 road death toll on track to be worst in decade​

Chris Knox, Julia Gabel

11–14 minutes

This year is tracking toward having the highest roading death toll in more than a decade, writes Julia Gabel.
When 5-year-old Jaxx Hands sees a photo of his grandmother, he goes quiet. He used to say, "yay, Nana!" but now he walks away in silence.
His grandmother, 56-year-old Greymouth woman Kathy Sexton, is one of almost 300 people whose lives have been cut short this year by car crashes.
New Zealand is tracking towards having the highest roading death tolls in more than a decade with 296 deaths as of October 20. This is almost the same as this point in 2018 which, along with 2017, were the worst years since 2009.
Detailed year-to-date data is not available for 2017.
The Automobile Association (AA) says although New Zealand's road safety strategy is sound, the initiatives need to be rolled out faster and more extensively.
Four teenagers died on Queens Drive in Invercargill in April. Photo / George Heard
Four teenagers died on Queens Drive in Invercargill in April. Photo / George Heard
Meanwhile, government agencies say there is no "silver bullet" to addressing the country's road safety issues and if it weren't for the work done so far, the road fatality statistics would be worse.
This Labour Weekend, the head of the police's road safety syndicate has pleaded with people to slow down and stay alert on the road and a man who lost his mother in a crash this year has urged motorists to be patient and courteous this weekend.
An annual road toll is provisional until a few months after a year has ended, meaning it can change when more information on a crash comes to light.
Crash fatalities can be excluded from the toll in some circumstances, including if the crash was intentional or related to a medical event. Deaths that happen 30 days after a crash are not included in the toll.
This year is on track to be in line with 2018 and deaths to date are higher than the same point in the intervening three years.
Fewer died in 2020 and 2021 than 2018 and 2019, however, there were also fewer motorists on the road with people confined to their homes and neighbourhoods during Covid-19 lockdowns and the borders closed to visitors.
New Zealand’s deadliest year for road crashes was 1973. The population was 60 per cent of what it is today, and a staggering 843 people died on the roads.
Seatbelts had been required in the front seats of vehicles since 1965, however, wearing them was not compulsory until 1975.
The overall trend since 1973 has been downward and the Ministry of Transport has stressed the importance of taking the long-term trend into account as the crash statistics can have year-on-year variations.

‘The worst feeling in the world’​

The call came in at midnight.
Greymouth man Damian Hands, 38, was alone in a Dunedin motel room, seven hours from home, when police at the end of the line told him his mother, Kathy Sexton, was dead.
She had been driving home from town after picking up takeaways with one of her grandsons, Hands' 14-year-old son, and his friend. A 66-year-old man has been charged with drink-driving causing death, and two counts of drink-driving causing injury.
The man, who was also badly injured in the crash, had a blood-alcohol count of 183ml — more than three times the legal limit.
"I just instantly had images of my mum … like a tunnel vision of thoughts of my mum."
Kathy Sexton was a devoted grandmother and a loved community member in Greymouth. Photo / Supplied
Kathy Sexton was a devoted grandmother and a loved community member in Greymouth. Photo / Supplied
Hands called his sister, delivering news that would change her life forever. He called his partner, telling her to go to the hospital, where his seriously injured son was.
Then he drove through the night to get home, passing through the crash scene as he arrived back in Greymouth.
"I got through there around 7am and the police had just finished cleaning up."
Sexton, who lived in Ngahere near Greymouth, was loved by her community. She had worked at the local New World for almost 30 years and more than 100 people attended her memorial.
Almost six months on from her death, the pain of her loss and what she will miss out on remains as strong as ever for her family. Sexton did not know it - but she was also about to become a great-grandmother for the first time.
The Greymouth road where the crash that killed Kathy Sexton happened. Photo / Supplied
The Greymouth road where the crash that killed Kathy Sexton happened. Photo / Supplied
Hands, who drives past the crash site twice a day for work, said he gets upset looking at his youngest son, only a few months old, who will never meet his grandmother.
"It's the worst f****ing feeling in the world; just knowing that she could be here, but she's not because of someone's bad choices."
Damian Hands with this family (from left to right): Deakyn, baby Remy, Jaxx, Neo and wife Lucy. Photo / Supplied
Damian Hands with this family (from left to right): Deakyn, baby Remy, Jaxx, Neo and wife Lucy. Photo / Supplied
Hands' older son, who was in the crash, has recovered physically but is affected by the trauma of trying to "wake Nana" after the collision.
"I could tell it's just going to be with him forever … He's a pretty tough kid and he tries not to show it but I know it's there."
Sexton's daughter, Emma, said she feels as though she has lost her best friend as well.
"Since she's passed, I've had a birthday and we had plans to do things for my birthday. It's been really horrible. Every day, when I wake up … I realise, she's still dead."
Emma Hands and her late mother Kathy. Photo / Supplied
Emma Hands and her late mother Kathy. Photo / Supplied

Plea from police: ‘You cannot reverse death’​

One of the deadliest road crashes in New Zealand history happened earlier this year. Seven family members, including an infant, were killed when their van hit a refrigerator truck south of Picton.
In April, four Southland teenagers died following a crash involving a ute and a concrete truck on one of Invercargill's main streets, and in May, four people, including an 8-month old, were killed in a collision in Bay of Plenty.
Director of the National Road Policing Centre Superintendent Steve Greally said he has had "an absolute gutsful" of the "needless carnage" on New Zealand roads.
He said speed was one of the main causes of death in a crash and if we reduced the mean speed across the roading network by 1km per hour, road trauma could be reduced by up to 5 per cent.
"In today's terms, that would equate to 16 lives saved."
As of October 20, 296 people have died on New Zealand roads, with 100km speed zones the locations of most of these fatal crashes. However, of course, there are many more stretches of road with 100km per hour limits than any other speed zone in New Zealand.
"You cannot reverse death; that's why we do what we do in police. That's why we're so passionate about enforcing speeds, even up to 10km over the limit.
"This Labour Day weekend, we will do everything we can to be visible, to hold people to account."
Over his two decades in the force, Greally has been tasked with telling someone their wife, husband, son, or daughter had been killed seven times.
Once, as a junior constable, a woman collapsed as he told her that her husband had died. He had rung her during his commute home to say he was tired and would take a break.
Another time, Greally sat outside a woman's house in his patrol car, watching her prepare dinner with her kids nearby, wondering if he should give her "five more minutes" of thinking her husband was okay.
"I thought to myself, 'her life seems perfect right now'."
New Zealand's national road safety strategy, Road to Zero, was launched in late 2019 and targets a 40 per cent reduction in road deaths and serious injuries by 2030, and to prevent them entirely by 2050, but we have a long way to go to get there.
Some of the strategy's initiatives include installing another 1000km of median crash barriers and 1700km of other safety infrastructures like rumble strips and roadside crash barriers.
National road policing manager Superintendent Steve Greally. Photo / File
National road policing manager Superintendent Steve Greally. Photo / File
Road to Zero director Bryan Sherritt said achieving the 40 per cent target required a concerted effort across communities.
There was no silver bullet solution and all elements of the system needed to be strengthened at the same time, including speeds, roading infrastructure and vehicle safety.
"We know, through research and evidence that interventions across these focus areas will have had a downward effect on the numbers of New Zealanders being killed or seriously injured on our roads.
"Yes, we need to do more and implement these interventions at an increased scale and pace, but without what has been done to date the tragic road safety statistics we are currently seeing in New Zealand would have been worse."
Of the $2.9 billion investment over the next three years, $1.2 billion will go toward road policing.
The Ministry of Transport believes, based on modelling, that just over half of the 2030 milestone could be achieved through infrastructure improvements, including speed limit changes, and a further 25 per cent by improving the safety of our vehicles.
The final 25 per cent, the ministry said, could be gained by interventions such as better driver licensing and increased penalties for safety offences.
The general manager of motoring affairs at the AA, Simon Douglas, said the national strategy was good and in line with international recommendations, but it was not being delivered quickly or as extensively enough.
The Road to Zero Annual Monitoring Report 2021 said just 50km of median barriers had been installed but that Waka Kotahi would "prioritise infrastructure investment and explore efficiencies to ramp-up the delivery of infrastructure treatments."
Seven people died after a van crashed into a truck on State Highway 1 south of Picton in June. Photo / NZH

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thought has also occurred to me since I have been attending more funerals in the past 2-3 years than I have been accustomed to. There have been more heart attacks claiming the lives of friends and relatives than before the pandemic. How long more will our Govt continue to claim that the Covid-19 jabs are safe, and the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks?
how long more would depend on how hard ppl want to fuck these chow chee bais.

Last edited:

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems like the fitter you are, the higher the likelihood of death. Supposedly has to do with the speed at which the toxins travel and invade your organs, including the brain. That's why so many sportspeople around the world are dead, many of them only in their 20s and 30s.

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal

sounds like any big country. Every good thing is only within the reach of the elites

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For 2023, it is like every 10 weeks, I have a funeral to attend.

It makes me reflect on my life; messed it up badly, be it my action or my health. When I thought about it, I only wished that I had been stronger. Now, I just hope my wife will live till ripe old-age peacefully and my kids takes good care of her. Hope to save more money for them.

In my religion, life is just part of the journey for my soul, it doesn't end here. I don't like funerals, and told my wife that I don't want one for myself when I leave. I have always treasured my rest days when nobody disturbs me. In fact, I feels that time flies very fast on Sundays (hahaha, sorry monday blues today). Perhaps when death falls upon, I would be taking a real long break.

not reflect on funeral costs meh ? :biggrin:

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
not reflect on funeral costs meh ? :biggrin:
keep to minimum for me. Don't want to trouble family members too much.

Anyway funeral business is very profitable but I know a few operators who also contributes back to society by cooperating up with NGOs, temples and charities to provide after-life services for those from very poor background.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
If limpeh die, I will want my body donated to science. No need waste money for funeral and other people's time. Just treat our departure as a long holiday which we won't return. People have their lives to go
on.

Screenshot_2023-11-04-23-21-46-49_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg