• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Asian styled bakeries in Christchurch (Kiwibird7?)

Lonewolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just moved to Christchurch recently and was wondering where I find some Asian styled bakeries, especially those that do CNY goodies? Would like to cater some for tea at work.

Cheers!

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are talking about those CNY goodies like Bak Kua (on consignment; made by a homebased Malaysian family business) then you have to go to ChinaTown Mart at Upper Riccarton popularly known as Church Corner (opposite the Countdown Supermart). They do have a small bakery section selling Charsiew buns etc on a smaller scale than BreadTalk etc

A couple of competitor Chinese Grocers also operate there including 'Sun Son' and another one (next to Tea'sme bubble tea shop) inside Churchcorner Mall. Sun Son also has a branch at Burnside suburb

At 590, Colombo Street is a recently opened Chinese Bakery by Joyul Restaurant.

There is also Kosco (Korean Supermart) at 277 Blenheim Road with a competitor "Sun Asian Grocery" a stone's throw away. Kosco has several branches in Christchurch, one of which is directly opposite the Central Public Library at Gloucester Street.

Lonewolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks so much kiwibird7! I tried to send you a PM but seems like you aren't accepting any. Would you like to send me one with your email, I would like to buy you a drink!

Cheers!

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks so much kiwibird7! I tried to send you a PM but seems like you aren't accepting any. Would you like to send me one with your email, I would like to buy you a drink!

Cheers!

Can you also buy us a drink too ?
Our mighty AUD is luring me to explore NZ. If there is a free drink i'm sure neddy wouldn't mind to be there too..

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can you also buy us a drink too ?
Our mighty AUD is luring me to explore NZ. If there is a free drink i'm sure neddy wouldn't mind to be there too..

Of course I do not mind.
3148396.jpg