• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Asian kids bullied

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asian Am. Kids are the Most Bullied!

The Ugly Facts

According to a study supported by the US Justice Department and
EducationDepartment, Asian American students aged 12 to 18
are the most bullied in the US. Click on
http://news.yahoo.com/asian-americans-most-bullied-us-schools-study-215608310.html .

o 54% of AsAm teenagers said they were bullied in the classroom,
compared with 31.3 % of whites, 38.4% of African Americans and
34.3% of Hispanics.

o 62% of Asian Americans said they were bullied on cyberspace i.e.
online, compared with 18.1% of whites -- 3 times more!

Why is that so? We, parents, need to search our hearts and souls.

80-20's Suggestion on How to Stop the Bullying!

1) Asian Am. parents of a given school district should get themselves
organized first.

2) After that, help Asian Am. children of the same school district to
organize themselves. Be sure to recruit at least one teacher and one
administrator to join that student organization. If bullying is very
severe in your area, invite a media reporter to be an occasional observe
of your group meetings.

3) Students should be trained to report every incident of bullying to the
teacher/administrator in their group who will decide what actions to
take. .

4) For cyberspace bullying, train the students this way:
a) Don't react. Don't give the bullies what they want, and
b) Adopt 'the "block and tell" strategy, which involves blocking access,
and then telling the teacher/administrator in the group and let them
decide what to do.

5) If the method works, don’t' relax right away. Keep the parent and the
student groups going for a while. Don't forget to thank the teacher/
administrator in an appropriate occasion annually.

To All Asian American Parents: WHY???

Why do our children get bullied so much? Could that be related to our
own timidity in tolerating the glass ceiling against us? Bullying of AsAms
doesn't s 745 top after schooling. Read "The Army Must Fully Explain the Strange
Death of Pvt. Danny Chen in Afghanistan*" -- bullying ssuspected. Go
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-10-21/news/30322061_1_strange-death-afghanistan-army .

To Presidents of 80-20 chapters

If bullying problems exist in your area, please consider calling a chapter
meeting to organize the "parent group" to get things moving from step 1)
to step 5). This kind of action will be your most effective recruitment tool.

Think! Do you need a courageous org. like 80-20?

To Join 80-20, using a credit card, go to http://www.80-20initiative.net .
Or send 
your check to
80-20 PAC 13337 South St. #189 Cerritos, CA 90703. 

There is a matching fund of $3,000 for dues of anyone joining. Basic $35;
Family 
$50; Student $15; Life Member $1,000.

Respectfully,

S. B. Woo, who has volunteered for 12 years to 80-20 and donated $100,000 

http://www.80-20initiative.net .

*80-20's S. B. Woo is sending a letter to the Secretary of the Army in this regard.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I spoke to friends in North America.
One quit the job at Costco to "home school" the kids.

Last edited:

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One of my friends from the US lost his kids to the Asian gangs in SF simply because they wanted to fight back the white supremacists and fundamentalist Christians.

Funny thing is that it's the blacks that they get to do their dirty work on the whites.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
asians will always be the prime target in the western world.

1. media has a lot of influences on the perceptions of Asians as nerdy & a lot of other negative attributes.

2. culturally asians are very different from the west

3. perception of asians they can't speak good English.

4. asians or 'orient(in American terms') are physically smaller in size hence can be bullied.

5. asians are usually afraid to fight back or stand for their own rights (could be cultural,language or other reasons).

6. asians usually are brought up by protective parents(and still the case when they grew up) hence they don't have the independent thinking nature of the west.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is another perception of Asians among western countries

1. Most successful among the late batch or migrant arrivals

2. On per capita basis, highest achievers in academia

3. Well represented in high profile vocations ranging from Broadcast Journalism to Politics

4. Good with money and business

5. More likely to intermarry for those in upper echelon of society

6. Asian cuisine is part and parcel of western culture and asian take-over joint is a must in any neighbourhood

7. Asians among all races are most likely to go from low income to high income within a generation

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remembered years ago when I confronted a bloke (only 1 person) and returned him with a middle finger.. my mate next to me suddenly chicken out ! Gosh ! NS made us weaker..

I am thankful for my Taekwondo training (in my high school days) had given me the guts to confront.. full contact sparring is nothing unusual for an Ah Beng like me :-) My son is currently learning TKD too !

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is another perception of Asians among western countries

1. Most successful among the late batch or migrant arrivals

2. On per capita basis, highest achievers in academia

3. Well represented in high profile vocations ranging from Broadcast Journalism to Politics

4. Good with money and business

5. More likely to intermarry for those in upper echelon of society

6. Asian cuisine is part and parcel of western culture and asian take-over joint is a must in any neighbourhood

7. Asians among all races are most likely to go from low income to high income within a generation

these are not the reasons why Asian kids get bullied.

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
picking on asians. this one nvr pretend to be ching-chong no england speaka.

she kinda cute tiger mama. like the way she yes yes yes.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkcLqY4K_ig?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkcLqY4K_ig?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Wall Street Journal reported on July 25, 2011 that despite an outsized share of Ivy League degrees, Asian-Americans are underrepresented in executive suites. According to a report from the Center for Work-Life Policy, a non-profit think tank, roughly 5% of U.S. residents identify themselves as Asian American, but they hold less than 2% of executive roles at Fortune 500 companies.

Only eight Asian professionals currently lead Fortune 500 companies, including Vikram Pandit at Citigroup and Andrea Jung at Avon. Yet Asians often hit the work force with highly coveted degrees. Asians and Asian Americans comprise 16% of undergraduates in the Ivy League, according to the National Center for Education Statistics, and 35% of undergraduates at the top three: UC Berkeley, MIT, and Stanford.

Despite the highest educational attainment, Asian Americans have the lowest chance to rise to higher levels of management.

CWLP report surveyed 2,952 respondents of all ethnicities, including Asian- Americans (half born in the U.S.). One-quarter of Asian respondents said they face work-place discrimination.

Last edited:

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Wall Street Journal reported on July 25, 2011 that despite an outsized share of Ivy League degrees, Asian-Americans are underrepresented in executive suites. According to a report from the Center for Work-Life Policy, a non-profit think tank, roughly 5% of U.S. residents identify themselves as Asian American, but they hold less than 2% of executive roles at Fortune 500 companies.

Only eight Asian professionals currently lead Fortune 500 companies, including Vikram Pandit at Citigroup and Andrea Jung at Avon. Yet Asians often hit the work force with highly coveted degrees. Asians and Asian Americans comprise 16% of undergraduates in the Ivy League, according to the National Center for Education Statistics, and 35% of undergraduates at the top three: UC Berkeley, MIT, and Stanford.

Despite the highest educational attainment, Asian Americans have the lowest chance to rise to higher levels of management.

CWLP report surveyed 2,952 respondents of all ethnicities, including Asian- Americans (half born in the U.S.). One-quarter of Asian respondents said they face work-place discrimination.

Hardly any surpise, this is especially so in Aus/NZ there is almost no Asian Senior Executives in Top corporate firms (apart from education).

Until Asians become 'mainstream' (like black Africans) and that has to start from somewhere eg.(media) this is not likely to change for many decades. However, with China becoming a economy powerhouse it is likely we will see more of Asian faces in corporate holding top jobs but they probably would have constrasting style of leadership & management styles than westerners. Asians have been stereotyped for ages and the anglos are not used to being managed by them (social class/culture aspect), this might change who knows - but it require significant effort. Even some Asians disliked being reported to Asian bosses.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sense is that Asians are more entrepreneurial and unlike to remain for long in an organisation unless they have executive stake such as partners in accounting firms, fund management, consultancy etc. Asians that are well educated are better to run their own business.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sense is that Asians are more entrepreneurial and unlike to remain for long in an organisation unless they have executive stake such as partners in accounting firms, fund management, consultancy etc. Asians that are well educated are better to run their own business.

Half truth. Why Asians left corporate earlier to start business because they knew they can't go any further - not because they can't do it but is the perception/stereotype they can't lead just like how women are discriminated for top jobs in the workplace. However, asians are smart in making money so they have other means of achieving wealth eg.property investment, gambling, acquire business etc. Most of them live in big houses/drive luxury cars whereas the average whites can only afford units/basic cars/little savings). Westerners live life rather than work to live - a key difference.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Insane White-Crapper> talking like working class whities don't exist... like OWS is media hype. nonsense.

why asian kids bullied in USA? 'cause they all smaller size what. happens in schools all the time. if they really want to fight back, then bring gun loh. or join a gang.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even in Western colonies like Singapore, culturally white Asians bully native Asians. What is so surprising about actual whites bullying Asians?