• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are Property Agents Trustworthy?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just remember that commission is negotiable, years ago, i offered someone 1% off the selling price. then got undercut by another at 0.5%. too bad, i am not doing it anymore. prefer to drive a cab.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Tan Tee Koon now has a 'International American University' Doctorate degree? My god, how many more fake degrees does he has?

bMFn9.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_American_University

International American University is not accredited[1] by any higher education accreditation organization recognized by the United States Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The use of unaccredited degree titles is legally restricted or illegal in some jurisdictions.[6] Jurisdictions that have restricted or made illegal the use of credentials from unaccredited schools include Oregon,[1][7] Michigan, Maine,[8] North Dakota,[7] New Jersey,[7] Washington,[1][9] Nevada,[1] Illinois,[1] Indiana[1] and Texas.[10] Many other states are also considering restrictions on unaccredited degree use in order to help prevent fraud.[11]

Last edited:

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://dailynews.gm/africa/gambia/article/suspected-fake-medical-university-president-denies-claims

Suspected Fake Medical University President Denies Claims

The President of American International University (AIU) West Africa, Mr. Dinesh Shukla, yesterday dismissed assertions that the University is a diploma mill, stating that it’s an accredited institution for higher learning in The Gambia and Guinea. The Gambia and Guinea? Where the hell is this place?
He added: “There were no diplomas ever issued through Guinea Campus. How can that be a “diploma mill?” The reason the University was temporarily shut down was that immediately following the formal establishment of the University in Guinea, there was unrest in the country followed by strikes and riots. Our main concern was the safety of staff and students. It is just recently Guinea is returning back to stability”.
The Daily News on Monday 3 January splashed reports of its investigations about the legitimacy of the University, and an interview it had with Dr. Sandra Sweeney, a Canadian-born ecologist and a lecturer in English Language who turned down an offer of a position by the University to teach students in January 2011 in The Gambia.
“AIU is not accredited in the United States”, said Mr.Shukla, while noting that the mission of the University is to bring American standard of education,curriculum,way of teaching to students from all over Africa and make true professionals.
“We aspire to be truly an international University. We have received applicants (students) from 74 countries. The challenge is to teach such a diverse set of students and make them truly professional such that we all can be proud of. This is our vision and mission”, the president said.
However, Mr.Shukla who announced his trip to The Gambia in few weeks time has dodged questions electronically forwarded to him by The Daily News. “I shall be in The Gambia in next few weeks and I certainly would like to respond to any questions you may have at that time”, said Shukla.
Shukla said Dr. Sweeney was offered a position because they believed that she was qualified to teach students in The Gambia. He said Sweeney also signed the contract to join the faculty by January 2011.
According to the President of the suspected fake medical university, Dr. Sweeney informed them that she would not be joining the University in late December.
“While she may be qualified to teach, I do not think she is qualified to comment on our institution because she has no knowledge of the antecedents of the institution. Her suspecting this as an elaborate scheme is totally unfounded, presumptuous, unjust and unwarranted”, Shukla opined.
He acknowledged that the World Health Organisation (WHO) does not accredit any medical school, charging that WHO do require medical schools to provide information as stated on their website.
For Shukla they have been working very hard to recruit qualified professionals. He said the position was offered to Sweeney because she seemed qualified, adding that the promptness to offer her position reflects to the vision and mission of their institution.
“We received over 200 applications for employment and since Dr. Sweeney decided not to take the job (after executing the contract), we have been able to replace her position with another qualified professional”, said Shukla.
Mr. Shukla who is due to arrive in the country in few weeks time said Dr. Sweeney never raised the question that the “letter head of the University looked like a bad cut and paste. If she felt that the document was not legal then why did she execute it”, Shukla grilled.
He indicated that their decision to ask Dr.Sweeney to teach environmental science is just obvious and logical and had forwarded her the detailed curriculum.
The president warned: “She has never been to Africa and to portray her thinking for an institution being set up in Africa by your esteem paper should be considered more seriously before publishing”.

jw5

Loyal
Aiyah peter, why u rehash an old thread?
But anyway, this gives us the opportunity to look at 2 things.

1. Has anyone ever wondered whether Tee Khoon is a member of this forum?
Just have a look at his alledged nick "angmohlang" in this thread.

2. Do take the opportunity to read the posts by the forummer who used the nick "Queen Seok Duk".
The nick "Queen Seok Duk" was last used on 27 Oct 2010. (never to be used again)

The nick "Khun Ying Pojaman" was registered on 7 Jan 2011.

Below are 2 threads started by the nick "Khun Ying Pojaman".

http://singsupplies.com/showthread....-degree-graduates-worth-their-salt&highlight=

http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?117835-Option-to-deregister-account-in-SBF&highlight=

Just one simple question:
Why the deception?

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
:
:
Dr Tan Tee Khoon, a Christian author and head of Knight Frank Property Network, said he is not the Tan Tee Khoon named for having bought a Master's in Divinity.

Dr Tan, who has a PhD in marketing from Templeton University, New York, said he was 'aggrieved' when he heard someone with his name was on the list.

SANDRA DAVIE

It's very easy for Tee Khoon to prove that his PhD is not fake, just tell the public the title of his thesis and better still, upload his PhD thesis on the web for critique.

Last edited:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I trust my property agent who helped me buy and sell my previous flat. Nonetheless, at the end of the day, he is making a living. So even though he is trying his best to be honest, he needs to move fast and close deals cos he is commission-based. I need to be firm with him at times.

Most property agents are dishonest.

When you deal with property agents, you must bear in mind that these poor fellows will not be property agents if they have a choice. Who wouldn't want a proper respectable job?

jw5

Loyal

jw5

Loyal
Do read the posts in this thread by the forummer who used the nickname "Queen Seok Duk".
The nick "Queen Seok Duk" was last used on 27 Oct 2010. (never to be used again)

The nick "Khun Ying Pojaman" was registered on 7 Jan 2011.

What is his problem with co-habitation? :rolleyes:
Isn't co-habitation great since you can have sex without getting married?

http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?70615-If-school-teachers-cohabit&highlight=

http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?95710-What-is-your-view-on-cohabitation&highlight=

T

TuaBui

Prop Agts now having tough times and CEA breathing down their necks.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkie property agents rank only higher than 2nd hand car dealers on the 'trustworthy' scale.....

May 12, 2011

Three charged with cheating OCBC bank

By Elena Chong

ST_20080509.jpg

Former bank employee Winnie Goh Li Ching (above), 33, faces the most number of offences of cheating, involving about $61 million worth of loans. --ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

THREE people who allegedly colluded with one another to cheat OCBC Bank of mortgage loans in the millions were charged in a district court on Thursday. The trio face between 31 and 189 charges.

Former bank employee Winnie Goh Li Ching, 33, faces the most number of offences of cheating, involving about $61 million worth of loans.

Court documents show that on 14 occasions, she allegedly schemed with real estate agents Siti Rahayu Masud, 38, and Lau Thuan Heng, 62, to cheat the bank into giving mortgage loans totalling $11 million to applicants by submitting false income tax or Central Provident Fund documents between December 2005 and May 2006.

Goh is said to have acted alone on 30 occasions and schemed with several others 140 times to cheat the bank into disbursing loans of between $1,350 and $2.2 million. Her alleged offences occurred between 2004 and 2006.

Siti and Lau, both bankrupts, also face charges under the Bankruptcy Act.

Siti is also accused of abetting a man to give a written false information to officers of the Insolvency & Public Trustee's Office in 2006, causing two sums amounting to $155,374 to be released to him.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
even i dont trust doctor.but bo pian.sometime have to gamble to trust them
i dont trust insurance agents.
how about trusting clement chiang?