• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are Chinese Mad? Over a Fish!?!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro... what a waste not to steam freshly caught groupers in either canto or teochew style. to deep fry and then pour an overpowering taste over the fish only when fish not fresh.

Yup.. Thats what I also did to some of the groupers I caught.. Sometimes will ask a fellow angler Uncle who used to be a chef to cook it Canto style.. Then celebrate our catch with the customary beers..

Seasoned anglers will know, Changi waters especially the waters near to Changi Naval base teeming with fishes like Giant Trevally, Groupers, Red snappers..

Few years ago, one Malay Uncle caught a 10 kg Grouper at the SAF club at Tanah Merah.. Then another Chinese Uncle hauled up a 20 Kg grouper..

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup.. Thats what I also did to some of the groupers I caught.. Sometimes will ask a fellow angler Uncle who used to be a chef to cook it Canto style.. Then celebrate our catch with the customary beers..

Seasoned anglers will know, Changi waters especially the waters near to Changi Naval base teeming with fishes like Giant Trevally, Groupers, Red snappers..

Few years ago, one Malay Uncle caught a 10 kg Grouper at the SAF club at Tanah Merah.. Then another Chinese Uncle hauled up a 20 Kg grouper..

NOT big at all............ there is a deep water depression somewhere there where I have seen a professional fisherman (Ha Hai) pull up monster grouper - metre long...
If your boat happens to be ard he plays dumb to distract you else you know his secret spot. He uses his wooden oar like a stethascope to listen into the water.... he can even tell you how many fishes playing there!! Bluffing or not, I can't tell. With bloke like him ard who need expensive sonar equipment???

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NOT big at all............ there is a deep water depression somewhere there where I have seen a professional fisherman (Ha Hai) pull up monster grouper - metre long...
If your boat happens to be ard he plays dumb to distract you else you know his secret spot. He uses his wooden oar like a stethascope to listen into the water.... he can even tell you how many fishes playing there!! Bluffing or not, I can't tell. With bloke like him ard who need expensive sonar equipment???

For me Changi waters good place for for beginners and for those anglers that don't want to travel out of S'pore.. The fishes there may not be spectacular biggies but good enough for some anglers who have limited budget when it comes to boat fishing..

But too bad quite a few ended up hiring lazy boatmen who don't really give good service when hiring their boats..