• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

apple new visitor center

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dollar for dollar, the Japs make the best cars in the world. Period. And Toyota stands head and shoulders above everyone else.

When I drive in a place for the first time, I rent Japanese, for the reliability. (I remember exploring the entire Western Australia in a Toyota Camry yonks ago – the ride was as uninspiring as it gets, and the car almost planed when it hit 180 km/h, but I had peace of mind throughout.)

There was this Toyota consultant visiting the Porsche plant in Stuttgart in the '90s who came away with culture shock. It was medieval: there was no automation, no robots, mechanics were scrambling up cat ladders to search for spare parts in cabinets that weren't labelled, so many man-hours were wasted locating stuff and getting it to the assembly line where everything was manually put together ... he understood why it took Toyota only a third of the cost to make a car of similar design, quality and sophistication.

That said, the Japs just don't make cars that stir the soul, both in styling and in driveability, Mazda being the sole exception. (That's why the Brits and HKers dig Mazdas, unlike Sinkies.)

But I've long given up explaining these things to Sinkies, and Sinkie migrants to Canada. When a person is operating at Maslow's 4 & 5, it's well nigh impossible to lift him to Maslow's 1 & 2.:smile:

You gave me an idea to rent a Lexus to drive. I always wanted to compare Lexus with BMW. I watched an Youtube video before that the maker of Lexus want to make car which feels like driving a BMW.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Google maps lah. Now with internet everything also can fake. Even fake currency also can sell.

Oh and I purposely try not to post in afternoons and only during early morning hours at night so that it looks like I am in a different time zone.

Sigh. Despite all this still cannot fool the dumb ass Sinkies.
what about the fact that so called "snow tires" or all-terrain tires cannot cut it in the deep snowy and icy conditions of alberta? only folks who have driven there in the thick of winter know the folly of relying on awd and 4wd with all-terrain tires.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You gave me an idea to rent a Lexus to drive. I always wanted to compare Lexus with BMW. I watched an Youtube video before that the maker of Lexus want to make car which feels like driving a BMW.

A Beemer will never match Lexus's level of reliability. But if you want to rent a Lexus because you think that it drives like a BMW, forget it. It doesn't; the drive sucks, whether it's the IS, ES, GS or the flagship LS.

You'd better off driving a Mazda 6 if you want a Jap car with a 'continental' feel.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
what about the fact that so called "snow tires" or all-terrain tires cannot cut it in the deep snowy and icy conditions of alberta? only folks who have driven there in the thick of winter know the folly of relying on awd and 4wd with all-terrain tires.
wow.. Sir, you are good in bullshit spotting too.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Beemer will never match Lexus's level of reliability. But if you want to rent a Lexus because you think that it drives like a BMW, forget it. It doesn't; the drive sucks, whether it's the IS, ES, GS or the flagship LS.

You'd better off driving a Mazda 6 if you want a Jap car with a 'continental' feel.
The drive feel of BMW is superior than Lexus? This i got to see.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Ok lah I confess . I am lying. I never migrated to Canada.

Still staying in Yishun. Working at Polyclinic. Take bus.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought you just said BMW best car you ever drive?
You are not just suck in bullshitting and your reading comprehension sucks too. I do understand when the person is getting on in years, such problems do occurred.

Similar to decade old devices, they can't work properly and need to be changed ( to something more current and work better)

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dollar for dollar, the Japs make the best cars in the world. Period. And Toyota stands head and shoulders above everyone else.

When I drive in a place for the first time, I rent Japanese, for the reliability. (I remember exploring the entire Western Australia in a Toyota Camry yonks ago – the ride was as uninspiring as it gets, and the car almost planed when it hit 180 km/h, but I had peace of mind throughout.)

There was this Toyota consultant visiting the Porsche plant in Stuttgart in the '90s who came away with culture shock. It was medieval: there was no automation, no robots, mechanics were scrambling up cat ladders to search for spare parts in cabinets that weren't labelled, so many man-hours were wasted locating stuff and getting it to the assembly line where everything was manually put together ... he understood why it took Toyota only a third of the cost to make a car of similar design, quality and sophistication.

That said, the Japs just don't make cars that stir the soul, both in styling and in driveability, Mazda being the sole exception. (That's why the Brits and HKers dig Mazdas, unlike Sinkies.)

But I've long given up explaining these things to Sinkies, and Sinkie migrants to Canada. When a person is operating at Maslow's 4 & 5, it's well nigh impossible to lift him to Maslow's 1 & 2.:smile:
you can bet the fob chinks and nehs here dig toyota lock stock and barrel. they have done their analysis-paralysis and their innate ability to compute optimum numbers with a limited wallet has honed them to be toyota worshippers. corolla as starter car, followed by camry as a family upgrade, followed by sienna van when the hubby gets promoted. same same between chink and neh. very clockwork like. but when hubby gets stock options and have them vested and cashed out, they promote themselves to lexus starting with toyota prius as precursor to lexus, followed by es, followed by es350, followed by rx350 (sorry no soccer mom van in lexus line up). when wifey works and bring in more household income, they start to admire the v8 lx, which is essentially a glorified toyota land cruiser. i have witnessed this phenomenon for over 33 years living among the chinks and nehs. their automotive analytical skills are identical.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can bet the fob chinks and nehs here dig toyota lock stock and barrel. they have done their analysis-paralysis and their innate ability to compute optimum numbers with a limited wallet has honed them to be toyota worshippers. corolla as starter car, followed by camry as a family upgrade, followed by sienna van when the hubby gets promoted. same same between chink and neh. very clockwork like. but when hubby gets stock options and have them vested and cashed out, they promote themselves to lexus starting with prius, followed by es, followed by es350, followed by rx350 (sorry no soccer mom van in lexus line up). when wifey works and bring in more household income, they start to admire the v8 lx, which is essentially a glorified toyota land cruiser. i have witnessed this phenomenon for over 33 years living among the chinks and nehs. their automotive analytical skills are identical.
Sir, what is your view on BMW vs Lexus?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sir, what is your view between BMW vs Lexus?
lexus hands down. however since i made it a personal point never to buy a jap automobile again (my very first car was a toyota and it died on me) after reagan was sworn into office, my next cars are audi followed by bmw followed by hyundai. the new luxury hyundai sedans (genesis) are, imo, better than the lexus sedans and they outranked lexus in the latest survey. even honda copies the genesis design for their accord models, especially the rear and tail lights for 2016-2017 models. not surprisingly, the kia optima ranked lumpar 1 in midsized sedans in the 2017 u.s. consumer report, followed by hyundai sonata hybrid.

get this! 2018 hyundai genesis g80.
AR-160809896.jpg

followed by this. 2018 hyundai genesis g90 coupe.
2018-hyundai-genesis-price-sedan-.jpg

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hyundai will bring the sex appeal of the coupe back to american roads. i will see many of this getting stuck in commutes next year.

2018-hyundai-genesis-coupe-interior-exterior.jpg

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
lexus hands down. however since i made it a personal point never to buy a jap automobile again (my very first car was a toyota and it died on me) after reagan was sworn into office, my next cars are audi followed by bmw followed by hyundai. the new luxury hyundai sedans (genesis) are, imo, better than the lexus sedans and they outranked lexus in the latest survey. even honda copies the genesis design for their accord models, especially the rear and tail lights for 2016-2017 models. not surprisingly, the kia optima ranked lumpar 1 in midsized sedans in the 2017 u.s. consumer report, followed by hyundai sonata hybrid.

get this! 2018 hyundai genesis g80.
AR-160809896.jpg

followed by this. 2018 hyundai genesis g90 coupe.
2018-hyundai-genesis-price-sedan-.jpg
Hey.. Thanks for the tip. Appreciated!!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can bet the fob chinks and nehs here dig toyota lock stock and barrel. they have done their analysis-paralysis and their innate ability to compute optimum numbers with a limited wallet has honed them to be toyota worshippers. corolla as starter car, followed by camry as a family upgrade, followed by sienna van when the hubby gets promoted. same same between chink and neh. very clockwork like. but when hubby gets stock options and have them vested and cashed out, they promote themselves to lexus starting with toyota prius as precursor to lexus, followed by es, followed by es350, followed by rx350 (sorry no soccer mom van in lexus line up). when wifey works and bring in more household income, they start to admire the v8 lx, which is essentially a glorified toyota land cruiser. i have witnessed this phenomenon for over 33 years living among the chinks and nehs. their automotive analytical skills are identical.

The Ah Neh expats with the American MNCs here don't even start with the Corolla. Cars are so expensive here, and they have already latched on to the American SUV aspiration even though some came straight to Singapore from Delhi. The Lexus RX is their favourite, to a man. The more budget-conscious go for the parallel-import Harrier.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Ah Neh expats with the American MNCs here don't even start with the Corolla. Cars are so expensive here, and they have already latched on to the American SUV aspiration even though some came straight to Singapore from Delhi. The Lexus RX is their favourite, to a man. The more budget-conscious go for the parallel-import Harrier.
must be influenced by their american counterparts. their next ambition is to get sg pr then citizenship and jump ship to u.s. with sinkie passport. very formulaic and methodical.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
must be influenced by their american counterparts. their next ambition is to get sg pr then citizenship and jump ship to u.s. with sinkie passport. very formulaic and methodical.

Yes, for them Singapore is just a stepping stone to the US. Their conversations are always peppered with references to 'Am-ree-ka'!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Oh great rectmobile expert Sinkie standard in spotting bullshit. I now start posting again after pretending I went to sleep in Canada.

Going home from work at the Polyclinic.

All this is not bullshit according to you and that I am in Canada is bullshit. Your employer damn lucky to have such a Sinkie standard bullshit spotter.