• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Apple Leak Confirms Massive New iPhone 7

ALCATEL

Alfrescian
Loyal

Apple Leak Confirms Massive New iPhone 7

Gordon Kelly

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

2270897720ee0d044804d84f095aea72587d7869.jpg

iPhone 7 Plus vs iPhone 6S Plus. Image credit: Unbox Therapy

Just when you thought it wasn’t possible for Apple AAPL -0.17%’s upcoming iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to leak any more major details, we hit the motherload…

Unbox Therapy, one of YouTube’s most popular channels with over 5M subscribers, has obtained a final chassis of the upcoming iPhone 7 Plus (also rumoured to be called the ‘iPhone 7 Pro’).

In a detailed hands-on we see all the major hardware changes coming to the larger 5.5-inch model including the radical dual lens camera, the missing headphone jack (a prediction I made two years ago), twin external speakers, the inclusion of a Smart Connector and the widely rumoured new blue colour option for the first time.

Using digital calipers Unbox Therapy host Lewis Hilsenteger also found the new iPhone 7 Plus to be fractionally slimmer than the current iPhone 6S Plus. That said at 7.14mm to 7.18mm this is both within a margin of error in the calipers and the construction of the chassis itself so I wouldn’t read much into that. As it stands the iPhone Plus range is still massive and remains the largest 5.5-inch smartphone in the world.

[video=youtube;L2o_MUPDRRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2o_MUPDRRI[/video]

As for the source of the chassis, it comes from Besound – a wireless headphone developer which has also been in discussions with me. In turn I have also been in contact with Lewis.

Consequently, having done a lot of digging, I’d put a great deal of significance behind this latest leak. The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are now at the mass production stage in the run up to their unveiling and release in September (we also know the exact release date) so keeping a lid on a supply chain of this magnitude is virtually impossible.

As such I’d argue only two major questions remain about the Apple’s new iPhones, whether they have a surprising name and a mystery third model?