• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone here does rowing?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
https://www.livescience.com/amp/is-rowing-machine-good-workout

Is the rowing machine a good workout?​

By Steve Hoyld

We investigate whether the rowing machine is a good workout, and compare it to other ways of getting fit.​

If you ask a historian 'is the rowing machine a good workout' they'd likely say yes. There have been variations of rowing machines in existence since the 4th century BC (amazing!), where the ancient Greeks used them as a training device for soldiers to prepare for sea. Whilst the aims of those rowing machines had a somewhat more sinister undertone, you could argue that if an exercise approach has lasted a couple of millennia it has to be an effective one.

The real modern day version of rowing machines came into being in the mid 20th century. As the form, build quality and measurement accuracy of the rowing machines improved, they became more popular. In 1981 the first Concept 2 rowing machine design was launched and the rest, they say, is history.

Gyms the world over have rowing machines as an integral part of their kit, and they're often some of the most popular devices in each one.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not go canoeing or kayaking? I imagine there are large lakes in Canuckland to do that.

I remember the boys in the canoeing/dragonboat team of my school, their arms, back and shoulders were huge. They could do 10+ pull ups with good form.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Why not go canoeing or kayaking? I imagine there are large lakes in Canuckland to do that.

I remember the boys in the canoeing/dragonboat team of my school, their arms, back and shoulders were huge. They could do 10+ pull ups with good form.

I do go kayaking in the lakes during summer.

But it is a different kind of endeavor. Not so much for fitness but to enjoy the natural beauty.

Rowing is a cardio exercise that I can do daily at home on my concept 2 machine.

Actually I am trying to get in shape for ski season.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
20211023_171120.jpg

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do go kayaking in the lakes during summer.

But it is a different kind of endeavor. Not so much for fitness but to enjoy the natural beauty.

Rowing is a cardio exercise that I can do daily at home on my concept 2 machine.

Actually I am trying to get in shape for ski season.
Saw any alligator