• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any good brand mattress to recommend?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lately has been sleeping and waking up with a back ache problem. Think could be the mattress a little too soft, as is there a bigger problem.

Saw somes brands like posturepedic, seahorse, etc......

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lately has been sleeping and waking up with a back ache problem. Think could be the mattress a little too soft, as is there a bigger problem.

buy those mattress from Ikea, harder and good..

Beshitted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should ask for recommendation from Uncle Yap.

Right now he's in Changi Resort. His mattress (quite hard) may suit you.:biggrin:

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could be slipped disc or spinal canal tumour. Better go get an MRI done.

I also thought it was the mattress until too late. Turned out eventually the mattress didn't matter.

bugeyed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to see the mattress at ikea previously. Feel that it is soft. While their price is not too high though.

If you dont mind hard mattress, go try and ask for Seahorse's hardest. Feels very hard but damn shiok to sleep. My whole family seahorses everywhere ..haha.. $300+ for a queen size if i remember correctly.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lately has been sleeping and waking up with a back ache problem. Think could be the mattress a little too soft, as is there a bigger problem.......
Nothing like a good rub down to sort out your back ache:p

As for mattress, try Simmons. :wink:

porkchop75

Alfrescian
Loyal
I highly recommend a water bed. I used to sleep on a $5+k mattress which was great. However, pregnancy brought on a new set of aches that I've never had before, like pins & needles on areas that was pressed against the mattress and what felt like a nerve pressing against the pelvic bone, apart from the usual muscle aches. All that stopped on the 2nd day sleeping on our water bed, regardless of the sleeping position. Hubby's body aches (from awkward sleep positions) vanished too.

These days, water beds are anti-wave, firmness can be adjusted & can eeven be heated (good for the elderly). I bought mine at fantasy waterbeds, along beach rd.

chinchai

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best mattress are those used in Geylang. Just go to any whore house there, lift the sheets off and find out what mattress brand they use. No need to ask people to recommend.

Those mattress in Geylang whore house are the best because they withstand many hours of boing, boing, boing without breaking.

That's proven reliability :smile:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you dont mind hard mattress, go try and ask for Seahorse's hardest. Feels very hard but damn shiok to sleep. My whole family seahorses everywhere ..haha.. $300+ for a queen size if i remember correctly.

Sounds reasonable at 300+. Will take note on seahorse brand. Thanks.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I highly recommend a water bed. I used to sleep on a $5+k mattress which was great. However, pregnancy brought on a new set of aches that I've never had before, like pins & needles on areas that was pressed against the mattress and what felt like a nerve pressing against the pelvic bone, apart from the usual muscle aches. All that stopped on the 2nd day sleeping on our water bed, regardless of the sleeping position. Hubby's body aches (from awkward sleep positions) vanished too.

These days, water beds are anti-wave, firmness can be adjusted & can eeven be heated (good for the elderly). I bought mine at fantasy waterbeds, along beach rd.

I thought that waterbed due to its softness, actually makes backache or muscle worse.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..any recommendation for the rubdown.
Yes, Simmons, are they pricey?.
Half jesting on rubdown (not mean ticklish type at HCs or sleazy tui nas which comes with extras:p).

OC had a slipped disc awhile back, and there was this chinese sinseh at Beauty World 1st floor (cannot remember name, but it's facing atrium) who is noted for 10-15mins massage or real rubdown bringing some relief. Therapy every week. Not pleasurable type, hear it can be quite painful. Almost a chinese version chiropractor.

On Simmons, it's marketed above the rest league here. Imho small premium for comfort. But notable for firm mattress support (never go for softy types, lousy support for your spine). Well, our forefathers slept on hard floors or beds and made do with mats and hard pillows:wink:

koKSia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simmons if u lichie lich...Seahorse if u heartlander like me...
Simmons more shiok when bionk-ing...multipurpose....

porkchop75

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought that waterbed due to its softness, actually makes backache or muscle worse.

Not true, the waterbed is able to take the natural shape & form of your body, in any position you sleep in. And like I said, you're able to adjust the firmness of the mattress. It can be quite firm if you want.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

You don't need to pay for expensive mattress to solve your backache problem. Just buy those mattress that are made of coconut husks. The feel of such bed may be hard at first but that is normal. After using it for a certain period of time, it will soften.

Else, you can try Simmons. The problem with coiled mattress is that the quality depends alot on quality of the material used. I have never tried seahorse mattress before.

Goh Meng Seng

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to have back pain also, very bad back pain.
Every morning cannot get up of the bed, while sitting
when i turn my back, it's hurt and also suffer from back cramp.
Went for x-ray, after x-ray i misunderstood the doctor and
thought that i am suffering from early stage of osteoporosis,
until one day i asked the doc to recommend me a good brand
of calcium and he told me that i am not suffering from osteoporosis
but early stageof osteoarthritis, that means all the while i am taking
the wrong medication. For osteoarthritis, i need glucosesamine.
But i have been sleeping on a magnetic bed for the pass 8 years,
cost me $1,000, I seem to have less pain and i did not take
any medication. Wonder if the magnetic bed really works??

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lately has been sleeping and waking up with a back ache problem....

Can look at medical grade mattresses. Can take a look at Velocty Mall above Novena Station.

There's a store selling wheel chairs, walking aids, mattresses... on the 2nd floor next to the overhead corridor connecting to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't need to pay for expensive mattress to solve your backache problem. Just buy those mattress that are made of coconut husks. The feel of such bed may be hard at first but that is normal. After using it for a certain period of time, it will soften.

Else, you can try Simmons. The problem with coiled mattress is that the quality depends alot on quality of the material used. I have never tried seahorse mattress before.

Goh Meng Seng

They're people sleeping on void deck stone benches and public park wooden benches. Any mattress to recommend?