• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any expert on depression?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just wondering if anyone here experience depression or known anyone with such illness.

Will the illness return after some years? After getting it, does it mean much earlier to trigger relapse?

How to deal with people with such illness?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

You know exactly what sort of responses you're going to get in this forum. :p

EG: Who did he vote for? :biggrin:

... plus many more relevant guides to dealing with depressed states.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those that I know was due to deep rooted problems that arises due to guilt, regret, or inferior complex, leading to depression. As long as the root problem is not solved, the depression comes back.

If women, may be due to hormones changes, so in women whether is it post natal depression, one has to ascertain. I got one friend, the wife never gotten out of the depression, sometimes threaten to throw the children down the block.....been years. scary:o

Just wondering if anyone here experience depression or known anyone with such illness.

Will the illness return after some years? After getting it, does it mean much earlier to trigger relapse?

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
...... If women, may be due to hormones changes, so in women whether is it post natal depression, one has to ascertain. I got one friend, the wife never gotten out of the depression, sometimes threaten to throw the children down the block.....been years. scary:o

A little bit of legal trivia here from Sinkieland's outdated PeANAL Code:

Exception 6.—Culpable homicide is not murder if the offender being a woman voluntarily causes the death of her child being a child under the age of 12 months, and at the time of the offence the balance of her mind was disturbed by reason of her not having fully recovered from the effect of giving birth to the child or by reason of the effect of lactation consequent upon the birth of the child.

For the record, I am not depressed. As for my gender, it is as secret as my age. :rolleyes:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I didn't ask if he voted for those in albino uniform and I'm interested to see the various response. I believe many with depression are in this forum.

You know exactly what sort of responses you're going to get in this forum. :p

EG: Who did he vote for? :biggrin:

... plus many more relevant guides to dealing with depressed states.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I have some experience on this because I do have loved ones who got this and also a close friend so I will attempt to answer your questions:

1. There are different levels and seriousness of depressions and depressions caused by different situations.
2. Only a good shrink could determine the cause and give a good treatment however most of the time its trial and error.
3. During the treatment by the shrink the patient should not (a) stop seeing the shrink unless the shrink says so (b) stop taking the medication unless the shrink prescribe to the patient
4. Depending on the seriousness some can be treated by frequent visits to the shrink and by medication which they may call it happy pills mostly prozac (trade name) or fluoxetine (chemical name)
5. After knowing the cause of the depression and if the condition is not serious, if the patient follow the recommendation of the shrink in terms of lifestyle changes and medication it is not likely it will be back. However the shrink will most likely also prescribe a potent medication to be taken whenever depression hit again, a patient will know when it is coming so can take this medicine before it hits so its good to carry this wherever one goes.
6. Getting stressed up is the easiest way to trigger depression again.
7. How to deal with people of this condition? Hmmmmm I guess be patient is the way to start and then be supportive, could get on one's nerves because patients during the depression stage caold be unreasonable and erratic. Be patient with them butnever condescending.

I will not ask "who you vote for" here.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was exactly what my friend said when I asked if he was okay!

That was exactly what I expected you to do, pick on one sentence of a post as if it is the end all and be all. Wonder if you even read the entire post.

Anyway, you have my heartfelt condolences, since it is highly probable that you were suffering from depression when you assumed that anyone with the name "Cynthia Ho" was that Palmergate Laura Ho's sister and started posting an innocent girl's photo left right and centre. Either that or you were paid to do what you did. And I know you will say "I just took it from another blog, that's all", which implies you didn't exercise your brain.

So, temporary diagnosis is: 1) You were depressed when posting those photos; or 2) You were paid; or 3) Your IQ not very high.

For a definitive diagnosis, I recommend you to my friend Fones.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So, temporary diagnosis is: 1) You were depressed when posting those photos; or 2) You were paid; or 3) Your IQ not very high.

Alamak I don't even dare talk to you lest I'd be accuse of being a paid IB. Ok ok sorry to intrude.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You seriously not bored of repeating everything? You have nothing new to post?

Based on your previous postings, you definitely have signs of depression and the trigger for you is the word "PAP"!

I will stop engaging you as doing so is pointless.

That was exactly what I expected you to do, pick on one sentence of a post as if it is the end all and be all. Wonder if you even read the entire post.

Anyway, you have my heartfelt condolences, since it is highly probable that you were suffering from depression when you assumed that anyone with the name "Cynthia Ho" was that Palmergate Laura Ho's sister and started posting an innocent girl's photo left right and centre. Either that or you were paid to do what you did. And I know you will say "I just took it from another blog, that's all", which implies you didn't exercise your brain.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are right joe. Anyone that he comes across will be deemed PAP IB and he will repeat it like an old granny in every thread.

We all know where he is coming from.

Some people are best left alone.

Alamak I don't even dare talk to you lest I'd be accuse of being a paid IB. Ok ok sorry to intrude.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lobotomy is more effective.

tumblr_lihayi9MHu1qd7mso.gif

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seriously not bored of repeating everything? You have nothing new to post?

Based on your previous postings, you definitely have signs of depression and the trigger for you is the word "PAP"!

I will stop engaging you as doing so is pointless.

Now, my dear Sister, let me educate you a bit on how Sammyboy works.

If you start a thread, you will get responses, some of which you like and others you may not. It's like life, not everything is within your control, including your own hormones.

A word of advice you TWIT - read the entire post and don't try to pick on one sentence and insinuate, innuendo, slander, etc. Like in real life, some people will be quiet when slandered and some will hit back.

No I am not engaging you. I am contributing to the Unsinkification process. If you don't like it, that's not my problem.

Try not to kill your child due to post-natal depression OK? :biggrin::p:oIo:

Exception 6.—Culpable homicide is not murder if the offender being a woman voluntarily causes the death of her child being a child under the age of 12 months, and at the time of the offence the balance of her mind was disturbed by reason of her not having fully recovered from the effect of giving birth to the child or by reason of the effect of lactation consequent upon the birth of the child.

:kma:

Last edited:

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal
WMM is an expert in feigning depression.

Law professor Tey Tsun Hang claimed he had to endure an out-of-body experience, talk of brutality during interrogation and allegations of coercion when he confessed to the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) in six separate statements.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those who are suffering from deep and severe Depression will always deny that they are depressed. This is pathognomonic of a Major Depression.There is this term called Paranoid Schizophrenia which also encompasses Depression. I don't have to mention who is suffering what here.But from the postings here, any fool can guess who is the unfortunate forummer.Certainly not Kopisai.Enjoy!!!