• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any classically-trained musicians here ? Just wanna talk cock about classical music.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This was the first piece I learned. Can still remember most of it. Not a difficult tune.

Then Tommy came out with his interpretation, which got me sexcited. But my fingers not as intelligent as his. KNN

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This was the first piece I learned. Can still remember most of it. Not a difficult tune.

Then Tommy came out with his interpretation, which got me sexcited. But my fingers not as intelligent as his. KNN

When it comes to guitar, really nobody comes close to Naudo. He literally turns his guitar into an orchestra. Some songs just don't transcribed well to guitar but man this guy can do it !

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
When it comes to guitar, really nobody comes close to Naudo. He literally turns his guitar into an orchestra. Some songs just don't transcribed well to guitar but man this guy can do it !

He is excellent! He should be as popular as Tommy Emmanuel! Same style. Thumb playing bass, the fingers playing the melody. Advanced travis picking. Started by Merle Travis, perfected by Chet Atkins.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Attachments

• 1624699555104.png
    1624699555104.png
    482.2 KB · Views: 65

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

I was trying to google for how young as a child Mozart was when he composed the tune.

Alas....

https://www.woot.com/blog/post/the-debunker-did-mozart-write-twinkle-twinkle-little-star

The Debunker: Did Mozart Write "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"?​

by Ken Jennings 7 years ago
pencil.png

Human ignorance, sadly, isn't limited to planet Earth. Even today, over 400 years after the Age of Enlightenment began, plenty of people are still getting plenty of stuff wrong--not just about our home planet, but about the whole universe. Luckily, Jeopardy!s Ken Jennings is the author of a new book about the mysteries of the cosmos, the Junior Genius Guide to Outer Space. In this month's Debunker columns, he'll set us straight on a whole sky full of starry slip-ups. These are some misconceptions of truly astronomical proportion.

The Debunker: Star Myth #4: Did Mozart Write "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"?
The little-known fact that Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart wrote the melody for the children's song "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" is not so little-known as the wiseacre typically volunteering the "fact" would have you believe. I've seen the claim in Frommer's travel guides, children's books about Mozart, and even (ironically) a book about scientific misconceptions by Phil Plait, who blogs at Bad Astronomy. It's plausible enough, I guess. Who else would compose one of the world's most famous kids' songs but the world's most famous kid composer?
“shine

The melody to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" is ubiquitous--you may or may not have noticed that we also use it for "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and "The Alphabet Song." But it's an actually an old French folk song called "Ah! vous dirais-je Maman" ("Oh! Shall I Tell You Mommy"). About fifty years after the melody was first published, it was borrowed for "The Star," a nursery rhyme written by London poets Jane and Ann Taylor. "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" was born.
How did Mozart, of all people, get the credit? Around 1781, when "Ah! vous dirais-je Maman" was already an old classic, Mozart composed twelve variations on the simple tune. But so did plenty of other classical composers, including Franz Liszt and Johann Christoph Friedrich Bach. The melody would have been enormously popular with or without Mozart, and he certainly didn't originate it. But don't feel too bad for Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. He has a pretty solid musical résumé to fall back on, with or without "Twinkle Twinkle."

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Certainly explains why the tune for twinkle twinkle little star is rhe same as baa baa black sheep and ABC alphabet song

I always wondered why.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN don't need further test first non leelated question answered my uncle already know your musical background KNN here is all the real musicians gathered unlike @ginfreely boasted about learning piano violin my uncle know she playing children song like Mary had a little lamb kind KNN
Hey unlike you Cantonese scammer caught a fake in every way I never claimed to be expert in violin. Btw I managed to learn by myself to play one song Twinkle twinkle little star and can play that with no screeching. Wow i am impressed with myself.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes! C, Am, F, G were the first chords I learned too. Started with Beatles songs, Everly Brothers, Hollies, Eagles. Played mostly rhythm. After that, learned to pluck melodies in finger style. Then later learned travis picking. Never attended any formal classes. Learned from song books, friends and musicians. Then youtube happened, which was a godsend! :biggrin:
These are running chords to fit yr voice key or pitch ... when u tell the band to give u a A key they know what to bullshit. A D E/E7 F#m7 C G running chords. A key is for rock and roll songs.

If u play bass guitar for rock and roll music sama play A notes running bass notes...

For sad love song usually have Am Dm/Dm7 C G F/Fm running chords....

When u go karaoke u can choose the key of yr voice pitch and the machine change the song chords..

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey unlike you Cantonese scammer caught a fake in every way I never claimed to be expert in violin. Btw I managed to learn by myself to play one song Twinkle twinkle little star and can play that with no screeching. Wow i am impressed with myself.
Oh ya in case anyone interested to know why I stopped violin is because I have no time to do both piano and violin.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
These are running chords to fit yr voice key or pitch ... when u tell the band to give u a A key they know what to bullshit. A D E/E7 F#m7 C G running chords. A key is for rock and roll songs.

If u play bass guitar for rock and roll music sama play A notes running bass notes...

For sad love song usually have Am Dm/Dm7 C G F/Fm running chords....

When u go karaoke u can choose the key of yr voice pitch and the machine change the song chords..
Wow, looks like you are a fellow guitar player. It's such a wonderful instrument, isn't it. I'd go nuts if I don't have my guitars to help me unwind at the end of the day.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The most ubiquitous and obligatory piece of music when you want to legally fuck your woman. The most famous movement from Mendelssohn's A Midsummer Night's Dream.