• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anxious about returning to work after breakdown

TransparentReminder

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone. I am returning to work in 2 weeks after taking 5 months off due to severe anxiety and panic attack. During this time I have been able to considerably lower anxiety and stop panic attacks. I'm returning to work in 2 weeks and am noticing the return of all the dreaded physical symptoms whenever I think about it. I don't want to go back and panic. Any helpful advice, please.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro , shift your focus from worrying to getting things done.
Anxiety creates worrying and therefore a vicious cycle.

Try to make yourself comfortable.
Speak slower and mingle more with new co workers.
All the best to u.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi everyone. I am returning to work in 2 weeks after taking 5 months off due to severe anxiety and panic attack. During this time I have been able to considerably lower anxiety and stop panic attacks. I'm returning to work in 2 weeks and am noticing the return of all the dreaded physical symptoms whenever I think about it. I don't want to go back and panic. Any helpful advice, please.

Stop thinking and live in the moment.

Read the philosophy of Emperor Marcus Aurelius and apply it to your life. Also read up on stoicism.

You are welcome.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who Is Marcus Aurelius? Getting To Know The Roman Emperor
Agasicles, king of the Spartans, once quipped that he wanted to be ‘the student of men whose son I should like to be as well.’ It is a critical consideration we need to make in our search for role models. Stoicism is no exception. Before we begin our studies we need to ask ourselves: Who are the people that followed these precepts? Who can I point out as an example? Am I proud to look up to this person? Do I want to be more like them?

And Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius, born nearly two millennia ago (121 – 180), is a leader and example who provides a resounding yes.

Marcus Annius Verus was born in a prominent and established family but nobody at the time would have predicted that he would one day be Emperor of the Empire. There is little that is known of his childhood but he was a serious young man who also enjoyed wrestling, boxing and hunting. Around his teenage years, the reigning emperor at the time, Hadrian was nearing death and was childless. He had to pick a successor and after his first choice, Lucius Ceionius, died unexpectedly, he chose Antoninus. He was a senator who was also childless and he would have to adopt Marcus, as per Hadrian’s condition, as well as Ceionius’s son, Lucius Verus. This is how Marcus’s name changed to Marcus Aurelius Antoninus.

TransparentReminder

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro , shift your focus from worrying to getting things done.
Anxiety creates worrying and therefore a vicious cycle.

Try to make yourself comfortable.
Speak slower and mingle more with new co workers.
All the best to u.
Thanks for the sounding advice bro. I wish it's all that easy. But I tend to do all that, I just worry about what bad could happen that I'm doing my best to keep it away.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the sounding advice bro. I wish it's all that easy. But I tend to do all that, I just worry about what bad could happen that I'm doing my best to keep it away.
All the more shifting your worry focus away will benefit u.
It never going to be easy but it is achievable.
Hang in there.
Wish u well:smile::thumbsup:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN seriouslee my uncle think need to say what caused you the panic attack KNN eg work too tough can't cope colleague or boss etc KNN then can aim to defend it in the right way KNN last time my uncle also kana once when he was the only sinkie among all the fts and the ft even made fun of him by extending their arm like a microphone to ask him comment on how he think to be the odd 1 out in his own cuntry KNN that 1 there is no solution to it becas they will gang up to sabo my uncle KNN