• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anton Casey SACKED .... according to employer's Facebook.....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The real party who has suffered significant damage here is PAP. Yet again, they have underestimated the anti-FT sentiment that is now raging across Singapore.....The issue of foreigners in SG, this one issue alone can bring down PAP.

Are you sure? Dun under estimate the
ball-lessness of sinkies.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank for the reminder. I will not buy Seagate product anymore.

Seagate didn't sack the Pinoy engineer for doing something similar.

By Sujin Thomas
My Paper
Wednesday, Dec 12, 2012
SINGAPORE - Seagate Technology has apologised for "derogatory" comments posted by a Filipino employee on his personal Facebook page, which called some Singaporeans "rotten locals".

In a Facebook post on the company's support page yesterday, Seagate said: "We deeply apologise for this and would like to make it clear that he was speaking in his individual capacity."

The employee, Mr Carlos Pestano III, posted last Friday that Singaporean employees in his company who worked under foreign bosses were "bitter". He added: "You can improve over time and maybe start with your manners."

On his Facebook page, Mr Pestano is listed as a process engineer with the storage-solutions company, which also makes hard drives. He is from the province of Rizal in the Philippines.

My Paper believes he has been working here for at least four years.

The Seagate response said: "Please rest assured that we take this matter seriously, even though it was posted on an employee's personal page."

The company added that it is looking into the matter and will take necessary disciplinary measures.

By press time, a screenshot of Mr Pestano's comments had been shared about 150 times on Facebook and garnered attention on online forums.

One netizen wrote: "Be reminded that if he does have locals working 'under' him, and to have such open contempt for them, I sincerely doubt he is or is going to be very effective as a leader of any sort."

Another netizen said that it's one thing that he did not speak for the company, and another thing that he chose to use his freedom of speech.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
great distress amongst singaporeans?? no, not me, i dun give a fxxk.
tumblr_m56mjtR6Uy1qg8ow2o4_500.png

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's a talent, he'll find employment elsewhere.

Otherwise, an income opportunity for divorce lawyers. :wink:

Who says FTs do not create good jobs for Singaporeans? :cool:

Agree with you. He has a client pool . He will get a job somewhere else. No need for us to rejoice. I also expect he and Miss Singapore will part ways before too long.

In 1919 when British troops killed up to 1000 unarmed civilians at a peaceful protest in Amritsar, the commanding general, one BG Dyer, went back to UK to a hero's welcome. He was eventually fired by the British Army but still lauded by the House of Lords and many Brits. In other words , even despicable people have their admirers.

Many people, including Casey's own clients may share his views, or they may overlook such things if he is making them money.

Casey is fat turd , plain and simple. My disappointment is with our government who constantly talk up these "talents" and talk down Singaporeans. There will be more Caseys in future, rest assured.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No big deal for Anton to lose his job.. He can pimp his ladyboy looking wife to the Ang Mohs at Perth.. Ang Mohs just love anything exotic..

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
This episode showed me the immaturity of much of the society in Singapore. This guy didn't come out and make the statement in public, he wrote it in his facebook account, and buggers go search the net, and when they read something disagreeable they've found, they get all worked up and angry. Should stick to reading the Straits Times then.

Was discussing this issue with my wife and she said that when people hear something negative about themselves, they should not react to it but take some time to reflect upon themselves and ask how they can improve themselves and not straightaway go into defensive mode or worse still, go into attack mode like in this case here. It does display insecurity. Same explanation for the Islamic guys you mentioned. Can't say anything about these sensitive blokes, they will blow off your head.

Cheers!

Singaporeans are obviously an extremely insecure bunch with low esteem.

Why else would they end up being so upset over the idiotic ramblings of some insignificant Ang Moh?? :rolleyes:

This whole episode puts Singaporeans in far worse light than Mr Casey who was doing nothing more than making fun of the losers of society.

I'm starting a new venture in Singapore soon and I'm definitely not going to hire any Singaporeans if I can help it. They're all wussies.

jw5

Loyal
Was discussing this issue with my wife and she said that when people hear something negative about themselves, they should not react to it but take some time to reflect upon themselves and ask how they can improve themselves and not straightaway go into defensive mode or worse still, go into attack mode like in this case here.

This is the same wife whom you once claimed to be entirely different from your mother?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that he has been sacked, I wonder if his wife will leave him. After all no SPG wants to be with a jobless bum.

Also, will he have to take public transport if he can't afford to maintain his Porshe?

aiyah poor judgement of Bernice Wong to let this uncouth asshole hump her when she got so much choices.........even now there lots of rich blokes willing to hump her!!

Alas A Casey will pimp her in Perth Bursw0od high rollers!!

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
This episode showed me the immaturity of much of the society in Singapore. This guy didn't come out and make the statement in public, he wrote it in his facebook account, and buggers go search the net, and when they read something disagreeable they've found, they get all worked up and angry. Should stick to reading the Straits Times then.

Was discussing this issue with my wife and she said that when people hear something negative about themselves, they should not react to it but take some time to reflect upon themselves and ask how they can improve themselves and not straightaway go into defensive mode or worse still, go into attack mode like in this case here. It does display insecurity. Same explanation for the Islamic guys you mentioned. Can't say anything about these sensitive blokes, they will blow off your head.

Cheers!

Reflect on what exactly? That only poor people take MRT or Chinese are smelly or sinkie cab drivers are retards?

It is understandable you think like that as you live your life as a 2nd class citizen in a foreign country under the rule of the natives who built it. You are the guest.

But in Singapore, the ang moh is the guest, no matter how many years he has lived here or what colour his passport is. That goes the same for any other country, no matter what you *think* your status is.

You would do well to remember that in your adopted homeland.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seagate didn't sack the Pinoy engineer for doing something similar.

By Sujin Thomas
My Paper
Wednesday, Dec 12, 2012
SINGAPORE - Seagate Technology has apologised for "derogatory" comments posted by a Filipino employee on his personal Facebook page, which called some Singaporeans "rotten locals".........Carlos Pestano III, posted last Friday that Singaporean employees in his company who worked under foreign bosses were "bitter". He added: "You can improve over time and maybe start with your manners."..........

Agree-appears no action taken against this Pestano pest as well as the Pinay who slapped the lady at the nursing home.
Worst, no pappy like Shanmugan said anything.
I hope more of the same will happen so that it will cost "them" (FT lovers as against supressed locals) votes at the polls.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to agree with you. Now I am saying your wife is a farking prostitute. Can you now do what you and your wife are trying to preach and please tell her to reflect upon herself and see how she can improve? And do not take offence at my words.

Was discussing this issue with my wife and she said that when people hear something negative about themselves, they should not react to it but take some time to reflect upon themselves and ask how they can improve themselves and not straightaway go into defensive mode or worse still, go into attack mode like in this case here. It does display insecurity.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm, can't remember exactly what I was referring to then. Same in that both are females, different in that both have different personalities and character.

Cheers!

This is the same wife whom you once claimed to be entirely different from your mother?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reflect on the comments. In this Anton Casey's case, are they poor? Are they smelly? In the Malays wedding case, were they noisy? If they are, then perhaps they may wish to improve themselves, if the statements were incorrect, then just either say so, or forget the matter. Else it is joke in poor taste.

I am no guest in Canada, just a working class taxpayer, that is if I'm lucky to get a job and hold on to it. Right now I work in Singapore and pay taxes here. Whether Ang Mo or keling is guest, depends on many factors. In any case every one is a human being and should be treated as one. And behave as one too.

Cheers!

Reflect on what exactly? That only poor people take MRT or Chinese are smelly or sinkie cab drivers are retards?

It is understandable you think like that as you live your life as a 2nd class citizen in a foreign country under the rule of the natives who built it. You are the guest.

But in Singapore, the ang moh is the guest, no matter how many years he has lived here or what colour his passport is. That goes the same for any other country, no matter what you *think* your status is.

You would do well to remember that in your adopted homeland.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are incorrect in your assessment. My wife isn't a prostitute. She doesn't even dress seductively. When we met, she was a working office girl, now she is a homemaker. She can improve herself by being a little more outdoorish. Thanks.

Cheers!

I have to agree with you. Now I am saying your wife is a farking prostitute. Can you now do what you and your wife are trying to preach and please tell her to reflect upon herself and see how she can improve? And do not take offence at my words.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So the employer has taken action.......

Now what about the Minister who expressed his unhappiness? Will he take action too?

hi there

1. if the unhappy sheep got real guts.
2. do something concrete at the brit high commission mah.
3. express what on facebook.
4. personal views and opinions.
5. or was that an official representation from the state.
6. ball-less and toothless:kma:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If the news today is true, he IS TRULY FUCKED. Anyway he left the country, tail between his legs with his family and last I heard, begging for a second chance and willing to accept doing community service.:rolleyes:

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. community services no way leh.
3. doing things with poor people for the poorer people.
4. machiam crying crocodile tears leh:kma: