• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anthony Bourdain ... RIP

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I guess the only thing that keeps me going, being a divorcee, are my friends and of course my ex girlfriends, and present girlfriend. One of time has already passed away due to cancer. Work is as boring as it can be. It's just an activity to pass time. I like travelling for leisure, but of late, I am developing a dislike, to be inside a plane, even for more than an hour. I hope someone can invent a teleporting machine and beam me to where I want to be .. lol :biggrin:

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously speaking, have you ever thought of calling it a day? I have.

It's like ..Ummmm... I have achieved the majority of my objectives and there's nothing to look forward to. Life's become a drag on the soul and body...

Then I will snap out of it and be OK again. But one day, if I don't snap out of it, I should be on my way out of this planet.
I live in a HDB flat and it's very physically easy to commit suicide, i.e. just go to one of the upper floors and when nobody's around, just climb over the wall and jump!
And believe it or not, nearly ten years ago, when I was only in my mid-20s, I actually stood behind one of those walls for at least two hours, seriously contemplating jumping and nobody was around during those few hours to stop me; but I just could not bring myself to do it, probably because I was not brave enough and/or my "sixth sense" just told me that it's morally wrong to do such a thing, so that was the last time I ever seriously thought of committing suicide.
sweatingbullets-gif.40503

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the only thing that keeps me going, being a divorcee, are my friends and of course my ex girlfriends, and present girlfriend.
Yes, that's the key to overcome thoughts of suicide, i.e. doing something meaningful with your life as long as you're able to, until you become too physically weak (usually because of old age) to continue doing it....

I like travelling for leisure, but of late, I am developing a dislike, to be inside a plane, even for more than an hour.
In my humble opinion, travelling in a plane (especially long-haul flights to Europe or North America) is not a healthy activity.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I live in a HDB flat and it's very physically easy to commit suicide, i.e. just go to one of the upper floors and when nobody's around, just climb over the wall and jump!
And believe it or not, nearly ten years ago, when I was only in my mid-20s, I actually stood behind one of those walls for at least two hours, seriously contemplating jumping and nobody was around during those few hours to stop me; but I just could not bring myself to do it, probably because I was not brave enough and/or my "sixth sense" just told me that it's morally wrong to do such a thing, so that was the last time I ever seriously thought of committing suicide.
Thanks for sharing. Stay happy. If you ever thought of it again, come here and we can fug the gin to entertain ourselves.:biggrin:

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the only thing that keeps me going, being a divorcee, are my friends and of course my ex girlfriends, and present girlfriend. One of time has already passed away due to cancer. Work is as boring as it can be. It's just an activity to pass time. I like travelling for leisure, but of late, I am developing a dislike, to be inside a plane, even for more than an hour. I hope someone can invent a teleporting machine and beam me to where I want to be .. lol :biggrin:

Brother, I know you are a sweet man when you shared with us that you bored to entertain your ex's parents.
I respect you for that.

Btw, I don't like flying too.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, really tragic that he took his own life. He was a fantastic showman and entertainer. Gutsy and gungho. I enjoyed all his shows. He loved pork, which got me liking pork again. And he was also a smoker, which made me like him more! RIP Anthony Bourdain, the one and only. :(

hahaa, cheers! something in common, this is why we are all buddies here.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life's become a drag on the soul and body...

Life is a drag on the soul and body when you are living for others, without your own #MEtime

After finish doing your responsibilities than you realize that you are going to die of cancer soon.
How CB is that!

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal

I saw people jump before in my neighbourhood. I took anti-depressants for half of my life but I still feel sad for the person who jumped. Many others who don't take anti-depressants depend on smoking and drinking. Brother @musashi, in short, many people are like us. You are not alone.

Someone told me this and I should share with you, when you have a strong urge to die, buy time. Tell yourself it is a temporary thing, the thought will really go away (and come back). Buy time by buying yourself a good cup of coffee and finish it slowly. Unconsciously, coffee saved many lives in this way. Just sharing.

(if you happen to drink coffee, which I don't).

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Seriously speaking, have you ever thought of calling it a day? I have.

It's like ..Ummmm... I have achieved the majority of my objectives and there's nothing to look forward to. Life's become a drag on the soul and body...

Then I will snap out of it and be OK again. But one day, if I don't snap out of it, I should be on my way out of this planet.
I haven't really. Too busy to even ponder that. Maybe one day when I have the time, I will. Life is certainly a bitch, it kicks you even when you're down. People are the main reason, especially those we need to interact regularly with and those who are in govt.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I saw people jump before in my neighbourhood. I took anti-depressants for half of my life but I still feel sad for the person who jumped. Many others who don't take anti-depressants depend on smoking and drinking. Brother @musashi, in short, many people are like us. You are not alone.

Someone told me this and I should share with you, when you have a strong urge to die, buy time. Tell yourself it is a temporary thing, the thought will really go away (and come back). Buy time by buying yourself a good cup of coffee and finish it slowly. Unconsciously, coffee saved many lives in this way. Just sharing.

(if you happen to drink coffee, which I don't).
The often cited quote "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Join the club, I really hate flying. In my life time, I hope aviation technology can improve such that planes can fly higher and faster.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, that's the key to overcome thoughts of suicide, i.e. doing something meaningful with your life as long as you're able to, until you become too physically weak (usually because of old age) to continue doing it....

Medically, there is a formula
1. If you have a major depression after 60s, you should take anti-depressants for life.
2. If you have 3 episodes of major depression by 40, you should take anti-depressants for life.
3. If it is just acute minor depression or anxiety, just some drowsy drugs or prozac for a few weeks will see you through.

I was very dependent on Seroxat and then Exeffor. The withdrawal symptoms were so strong that if I forgot to take them in the morning, I will feel like hangover (heavy headed) and unable to drive by noon.

After taking Exeffor for a decade, I cold turkey myself on a christmas eve till new year. I didn't go anywhere that week, just hidding in my room, waiting for the hangover feeling to go away. The doctor said I should not quit before I have 3 episodes before 40, so the next relapse will kill me.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I have thought of suicide. But I haven't thought of how to execute it yet. Bro Musashi has and he turned back. I guess he is a step ahead of me. Thankfully he didn't. Otherwise how to fug Aunty gin together here...Lol :biggrin:
Just thinking of it is quite different from actually doing it. So it's fine. Just don't actually do it! I have often thought of killing some people, but will not actually do it :biggrin: