• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anthony Bourdain ... RIP

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Anthony Bourdain: Celebrity chef found dead at 61
  • 5 minutes ago

_101935994_gettyimages-945846858.jpg
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionAnthony Bourdain in New York City in April
US celebrity chef and television personality Anthony Bourdain has been found dead in his hotel room, aged 61, of a suspected suicide, CNN reports.

Bourdain was in Strasbourg, France, working on a shoot for his series, Parts Unknown, on CNN.

"It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain," the cable network said in a statement on Friday.

Bourdain was a best-selling food, fiction and nonfiction author.

CNN's statement continued: "His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller.

ADVERTISEMENT
"His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly difficult time."

_101935993_hi045518913.jpg
Image copyrightPETE SOUZA
Image captionFormer President Barack Obama sits down for a meal with Anthony Bourdain at a restaurant in Hanoi, Vietnam, in May 2016
_101534405_presentational_grey_line464-nc.png

Where to get help
From Canada or US: If you're in an emergency, please call 911

You can contact the US National Suicide Prevention Lifeline on 1-800-273-8255 or the Crisis Test Line by texting HOME to 741741

Young people in need of help can call Kids Help Phone on 1-800-668-6868

If you are in the UK, you can call the Samaritans on 116123

For support and more information on emotional distress, click here.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like Anthony .. I do like G. Ramsey too.
But my favorite is Marcus Wareing and Monica Galetti :biggrin:

hahaha, i am low SES, Mediacorpse never show Marcus Wareing and Monica Galetti, so I dunno.
I only know those local chef that busy peddle sponsor products and the auntie Violet Oon

Many of these so called celebrity chefs all buay gan, only know how to mock and insult people.
Anthony is not like that.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
hahaha, i am low SES, Mediacorpse never show Marcus Wareing and Monica Galetti, so I dunno.
I only know those local chef that busy peddle sponsor products and the auntie Violet Oon

Many of these so called celebrity chefs all buay gan, only know how to mock and insult people.
Anthony is not like that.
Lol..:biggrin:

If I say I know Marcus, will you believe me? o_O:biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Marcus do not has that usual foul mouth chef ah beng behavior. Always a gentleman. Firm and strict but not crass compared to Anthony or Ramsey. Monica too has the same temperament. :smile:

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marcus do not has that usual foul mouth chef ah beng behavior. Always a gentleman. Firm and strict but not crass compared to Anthony or Ramsey. Monica too has the same temperament. :smile:

Sorry I don't know Marcus or Monica, so I cannot comment.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yeah, really tragic that he took his own life. He was a fantastic showman and entertainer. Gutsy and gungho. I enjoyed all his shows. He loved pork, which got me liking pork again. And he was also a smoker, which made me like him more! RIP Anthony Bourdain, the one and only. :(

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Yeah, really tragic that he took his own life. He was a fantastic showman and entertainer. Gutsy and gungho. I enjoyed all his shows. He loved pork, which got me liking pork again. And he was also a smoker, which made me like him more! RIP Anthony Bourdain, the one and only. :(
Seriously speaking, have you ever thought of calling it a day? I have.

It's like ..Ummmm... I have achieved the majority of my objectives and there's nothing to look forward to. Life's become a drag on the soul and body...

Then I will snap out of it and be OK again. But one day, if I don't snap out of it, I should be on my way out of this planet.