• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another Slap on the PAP Elite Face!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beijing Paralympics: Singapore swimmer Yip clinches gold in 50m backstroke

SINGAPORE: Swimmer Yip Pin Xiu has won the first gold medal for Singapore at the Beijing Paralympics in the 50-metre backstroke finals.

She clocked 58.75 seconds, way ahead of Britain's Fran Williamson who clinched the silver in 1:06.07.

Yip broke her own world record during the heats earlier Monday. She clocked a new world and paralympic record time of 57.92 seconds.

Fran Williamson was second with a time of one minute 6.75 seconds.

Yip on Saturday clinched Singapore's first silver at the Paralympics, in the women's 50-metre freestyle finals. Despite not coming in first in the finals, she maintains the new world and paralympic record she set in the heats earlier on Saturday, with a timing of 57.04 seconds.

- CNA

wooozzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the result tell that they performed better than some of the FT in the sgp team during the recent olympic game. You are the real true singapore Hero/heroine !

aakumu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the result tell that they performed better than some of the FT in the sgp team during the recent olympic game. You are the real true singapore Hero/heroine !

Hi bro,
How true, real true Singapore Hero/heroine. If only Singaporean could perform as well as on our daily life.

My humble two cents.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beijing Paralympics: Singapore swimmer Yip clinches gold in 50m backstroke

SINGAPORE: Swimmer Yip Pin Xiu has won the first gold medal for Singapore at the Beijing Paralympics in the 50-metre backstroke finals.

She clocked 58.75 seconds, way ahead of Britain's Fran Williamson who clinched the silver in 1:06.07.

Yip broke her own world record during the heats earlier Monday. She clocked a new world and paralympic record time of 57.92 seconds.

Fran Williamson was second with a time of one minute 6.75 seconds.

Yip on Saturday clinched Singapore's first silver at the Paralympics, in the women's 50-metre freestyle finals. Despite not coming in first in the finals, she maintains the new world and paralympic record she set in the heats earlier on Saturday, with a timing of 57.04 seconds.

- CNA

Well done, ms Yip, don't need FT to win a gold medal:smile::smile::smile:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
let see what the government going to reward her with and going to do.
the government spend so much money training those normal athletes and they have so much privileges yet cannot deliver the ultimate target - GOLD Medal.

but our own local - Yip Pin Xiu did it by winning a GOLD Medal and also break her own world record in the heat and set an paralympic record also.

BRAVO ! BRAVO !

i know i am proud of her. Do not know about others here.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations!

We won 1 Gold, 1 Silver & 2 Bronze in the Paralympics, outshine the 1 Silver in the Olympics. :p

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
well done, but the sinkie govt will not appreciate it. It is because it is not within their agenda and work and effort to make it happen.

The FT is their own work and effort put it in and they need to show the success to all singaporeans. Well, singaporeans are not that dumb but sinkies are.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
paraolympics is the poor cousin , so i think not really recognised

They are quiet simply because they can claim no credit from it. Success of paralympians was due to themselves alone, not from any million-dollar policy, unlike the FT policy. :mad:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come sgians with no incentive n special treatments can win Olympic medals, even gold when FT's can't smell individual gold, silver or bronze?????

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Para olympic there are many controversy because some may be more disable than others. So actually many people don't care who get the Gold/Silver/Bronze.
Paralympic is just a show to the world that disable get the same treatment as normal people.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come sgians with no incentive n special treatments can win Olympic medals, even gold when FT's can't smell individual gold, silver or bronze?????

I think in many other countries, the disabled are too busy begging on the streets to make a living to be training in swimming pools or riding horses.

not to take away the magnificient acheivements of our ladies but the paraolympics I suggest is a reflection of a country's wealth. It might be more enlightening to take a look at teh medals table and compare it with teh Olympics' medals table.

HalalOink

Alfrescian
Loyal
She shud get a million... The citizens shud sound the Govt into rewarding its deserved citizen without bias nor prejudice...

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i know i am proud of her. Do not know about others here.

You bet! I am proud of her and others too! They are our proud darlings!

Our physically challenged super-heroes just gave the "elites" PAP a few slaps for me..

sebeh shiok!