• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another 'Modern Monk' On the Prowl!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 11 Aug, 2009 17:35
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Bejewelled 'monk' shops, followed by aide pushing pram with 2 dogs inside

This shaven-headed 'monk', decked out in expensive-looking jewellery and a heavy gold watch, was spotted shopping by a STOMPer. He was accompanied by a personal aide who followed him, pushing a pram with two small dogs in it.

Here's what the surprised STOMPer wrote in an email today (Aug 11):

"To the Buddhist experts out there:

"I seek your advice - is it acceptable for a 'monk' to be out shopping with an assistant, pushing a pram with two pet dogs inside?

"I took these pictures of what I saw at People's Park on Saturday night.

"This 'monk' was wearing expensive-looking gemstones and a heavy gold watch.

"Is this really Buddhism?"

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
uncanny resemblance to ming yi's story..

botak : check
'fake' monk " : check
toy boy in tow : check
keep pets : check
like expensive stuff : check

:biggrin:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote:"Not a monk, just another bald guy !"

Ya lor. Being botak and dressed in monk's robes do not qualify one as a monk. :mad:A real monk leads a simple non-materialistic lifestyle, keeps a low profile and have no time for shopping! There are so many fake monks nowadays roaming the shopping centres. Real monks stay put most of the time in temples.:biggrin:

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such cheats appears to be in every religion.

I think nowadays, those non-religious folks are more trustworthy.:biggrin:

ahhuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
BLOODY idiotic son of a bitch, if every bald man whom resembles a monk, is a monk, then santa claus is your laopae!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Bejewelled 'monk' shops, followed by aide pushing pram with 2 dogs inside

This shaven-headed 'monk', decked out in expensive-looking jewellery and a heavy gold watch, was spotted shopping by a STOMPer. He was accompanied by a personal aide who followed him, pushing a pram with two small dogs in it.

"I seek your advice - is it acceptable for a 'monk' to be out shopping with an assistant, pushing a pram with two pet dogs inside?

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

OH SHIT!! looks like my li'l brothr LEETAHSAR!! he really went to be a monk??!!:confused:

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

Just remember to mind our own business,
What good does it serve , to expose people's weaknesses.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if you think the money you have donated was in good hands ....think again . nowaday , religion cannot be trusted . all talk about money .
in the old days , thai amulet is cheap and sometimes free . but now some thai amulet can be sold as high as one million sindollars to amulet collecters . times changes so are your religion ..

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i had seen a buddhist nun patroned a spa. i am not against nor have any prejudices. think twice if you want to donate to these.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn!! its just a baldy dressed in shaby clothes, pretending to be high society shopping for sissy bag. stomper really damn boliao..........

if botak = monk, then those with moustache gotta greet as laopeh. then since in like this, then shouldn't all indians be called buddha? since sikiamoni was an indian prince...???

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dunno how can we be sure he's a monk, just because he dressed like one? like men in white outside must be white inside?

he could be PAP disgused as a monk?

now why is the PAP doing that?

to tell us Secularism is better than faith and religion?

see the recent negative reports of faith and religions..

zhor hee must zhor chuan tao mah! LOL..

i dunno...LOL..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just remember to mind our own business,
What good does it serve , to expose people's weaknesses.

if everyone mind their own business then those con-man will con more ppl . why cant we expose those fucker just because they are monk , " pestor " , priest ? :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
BLOODY idiotic son of a bitch, if every bald man whom resembles a monk, is a monk, then santa claus is your laopae!

if thats not the impression of a monk this botak has been trying to give , why wear monk's robe in the first place ?

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
if everyone mind their own business then those con-man will con more ppl . why cant we expose those fucker just because they are monk , " pestor " , priest ? :wink:

You just dirty your mind and thoughts.
Do what is good , do no evil and keep the mind pure and that mind find is the essence of Buddhism and most of the religions.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

When my mother died, the commercial monk charged $1000 for short time chanting.
When my mum-in-law died, I got the services of a thai buddhist temple monk who did not demand anything but a voluntary red packet which is given to the temple.
The commercial monk wore gold watch (I think Rolex) and came in Merc
They will rot in hell.