• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Angmor who bashed up sinkies jumps bail like Ionescu

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NZ man jumps bail, warrant of arrest issued

20111220.145519_nz.jpg

The New Paper
Wednesday, Dec 21, 2011

A New Zealander accused of being involved with two other Caucasian men in a fracas at Suntec City last year has jumped bail.

A warrant of arrest was issued against Robert Stephen Dahlberg, 34, an options broker, on Sept 12 this year, after he failed to return to Singapore from an overseas trip.

Dahlberg had been charged with committing a rash act and causing hurt to Mr Laurence Wong Seong, 38, a businessman, on April 11, 2010, at 12.17am, at Suntec City .

He is also alleged to have pushed another man, Mr Paul Louis Liew Kai Ming, 26, causing him to hit his face against a pillar.

Mr Liew is said to have fractured his nasal bone and suffered a 4cm cut on his forehead.

Dahlberg and the other two men, Robert James Springall, 24, a Briton, and Nathan Robert Miller, 35, an Australian, were charged on July 7 this year.

The Kiwi was granted bail of $25,000 and was given permission to leave Singapore for London and Hong Kong from July 11 to 29.

Springall, an options broker like Dahlberg, was released on a bail of $6,000, while Miller's bail was $10,000.

After his trip, Dahlberg was supposed to surrender his passport to the Singapore police on Aug 1.

However, The New Paper understands that he has not returned from his trip. His current whereabouts are unknown.

Dahlberg was represented by lawyer Sunil Sudheesan.

TNP tried to contact his parents at his hometown in Nelson, New Zealand, but the calls were diverted to an answering machine.

Indeed, his father, Bill, defended his son in a New Zealand Herald report on July 9. He stressed that Dahlberg was "in the wrong place, at the wrong time, in the wrong country".

Singapore has an extradition agreement with Commonwealth countries, including New Zealand, but it is not known if Dahlberg is now there.

The authorities here have to track down his whereabouts first before the Attorney-General's Chambers puts in a request for extradition.

Cases adjourned

Meanwhile, the cases involving Springall and Miller have been adjourned to Jan 11 next year. They are now at the pre-trial conference stage.

Springall allegedly shoved Mr Tan Boon Kin, 57, a taxi driver in the chest on April 11.

He is accused of taking over the cab and driving it away without due regard for the safety of others. The cab crashed into a signage pole on the driveway near the Starbucks outlet in Temasek Boulevard.

Miller, who is believed to be an executive, allegedly punched another cabby, Mr Tay Gek Heng, 45, in the face.

He is also alleged to have behaved in a disorderly manner by jumping on the bonnet of the taxi.

If convicted of hurting Mr Liew, Dahlberg can be jailed 10 years and caned.

If found guilty of taking a vehicle without the owner's consent, Springall can be jailed three months or fined a maximum of $1,000.

And if convicted of behaving in a disorderly manner, Miller can be jailed a month or fined $1,000.

This article was first published in The New Paper.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
FT. Tsk Tsk. Only papist know how to appreciate them. Wonder those who Kenna whacked vote for who in the last erection?

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Indeed, his father, Bill, defended his son in a New Zealand Herald report on July 9. He stressed that Dahlberg was "in the wrong place, at the wrong time, in the wrong country".

Singapore has an extradition agreement with Commonwealth countries, including New Zealand, but it is not known if Dahlberg is now there

In the wrong country? LOL

Why? Scared of being extradited? Or only sinkie cabbies that they dare to bully?

What a bunch of drunken thugs that we let in as talents? :mad:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the wrong country? LOL

Why? Scared of being extradited? Or only sinkie cabbies that they dare to bully?

What a bunch of drunken thugs that we let in as talents? :mad:

When they come & feted by SINgapore Ministry Of Manpower as Foreign Talents, by 'milking' the country & sending their money home; the parents did not feel that they were in the wrong country. Thank you!, M.O.M., we all are in the wrong country! ha ha ha

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pathetic. What has the country degenerated into? Are there no more Sinkies who can wallop foreigners rather than the other way around? It seems to me that the foreigners are much bolder than Sinkies despite Sinkies having to serve NS. It is truly tragic when foreigners can come to your country and beat up your own people with impunity.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
unfortunately this seems to be the case. You wallop them and win ...they call the cops and you get into trouble. If they win ...you lan lan.

If they run ...u lan lan also. Have to get tonychat's advice on this.

Pathetic. What has the country degenerated into? Are there no more Sinkies who can wallop foreigners rather than the other way around? It seems to me that the foreigners are much bolder than Sinkies despite Sinkies having to serve NS. It is truly tragic when foreigners can come to your country and beat up your own people with impunity.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
our lawmaker allow him to go overseas and they expect him to return obediently?:biggrin:

how come they allow him to leave sinkapore at the first plc?:eek:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
our lawmaker allow him to go overseas and they expect him to return obediently?:biggrin:

how come they allow him to leave sinkapore at the first plc?:eek:

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. whites are considered to be whiter mah.
3. this is sheep's mentality.
4. just look at the romania guy thing.
5. speaks volume!

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
unfortunately this seems to be the case. You wallop them and win ...they call the cops and you get into trouble. If they win ...you lan lan.

Even more pathetic. In other countries, the police will join you to wallop the foreigners again.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/6172164/Former-basketballer-jumps-bail-family

The Kiwi was granted bail of $25,000 and was given permission to leave Singapore for London and Hong Kong from July 11 to 29.

Springall, an options broker like Dahlberg, was released on a bail of $6000, while Miller's bail was $10,000. After his trip, Dahlberg was supposed to surrender his passport to the Singapore police on August 1. However, it is understood he did not return from his journey.

His father, Nelson financial adviser Bill Dahlberg, said his son would not be returning to Singapore. He declined to comment further. "The less said the better."

Robert had returned to Nelson since the incident, but his father would not say where he was now. Bill Dahlberg had earlier said his son's bail had been paid and passport returned by officials.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

No need to go through all that trouble lah. Ball less keyboard warrior Tonychat is only good at hiding behind his PC monitor.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Justice system under PAP is impotent. Another example of how rich foreigners getting away with crime in Singapore.

Last edited:

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/6172164/Former-basketballer-jumps-bail-family

Springall, an options broker like Dahlberg, was released on a bail of $6000, while Miller's bail was $10,000. After his trip, Dahlberg was supposed to surrender his passport to the Singapore police on August 1. However, it is understood he did not return from his journey.

His father, Nelson financial adviser Bill Dahlberg, said his son would not be returning to Singapore. He declined to comment further. "The less said the better."

Robert had returned to Nelson since the incident, but his father would not say where he was now. Bill Dahlberg had earlier said his son's bail had been paid and passport returned by officials.

Hahahahahaha Sam. It's a company name but the gay (homosexual not cheesy) suggestive reference is funny all the same.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>Robert had returned to Nelson since the incident, but his father would not say where he was now. Bill Dahlberg had earlier said his son's bail had been paid and passport returned by officials. >

In other words, you pay $25,000 , you are free to go?

Like this:
And here's a song to sing for every man inside
If he can hear you sing, it's an open door
There's not a rich man there who couldn't pay his way
And buy the freedom that's a high price for the poor.
"Abridged"
Graham Nash " Prison Song" from his Wild Tales Album

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
tony chat is right, 60% of sporeans are ball-less
but the guys here in this forum are usually the other 40%
so he is right but barking up the wrong tree.....

if my relative or son is the one kena whacked...... i would have calleed all my brothers together to blanket party the motherfucker before he can fly off!

Paullouis

Hi one and all,

Indeed I am the victim; the one whose nose was broken. =\

thank you very much for your support towards this matter.
Sadly i guess after effortlessly fighting and reminding the police that this will be the outcome, this was still the outcome that i truly feared.

Cheers!

Paul Louis

Paullouis

Hi one and all,

Indeed I am the victim; the one whose nose was broken. =\

thank you very much for your support towards this matter.
Sadly i guess after effortlessly fighting and reminding the police that this will be the outcome, this was still the outcome that i truly feared.

Cheers!

Paul Louis

Paullouis

Hi All,

Thank you for the support. I am the victim of the said case.
Sadly, guess there wont be any justice served; instead i have to serve myself justice by going to the doctors etc

So... yea....