• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Moh Bride and Groom Slammed for Asking for Wedding Guest Fee

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
But the chinks do it! And expect big angpow.

Bride and groom called ‘tacky’ for wedding guest fee — but some say they have ‘zero problem with this’​

Hannah Sparks
Mon, 26 February 2024 at 4:40 am SGT·3-min read

8b69a5ab7ccc53793024361e9edabd99

These newlyweds wanted to have their wedding cake and eat it too.

An anonymous bride and groom earned a takedown in the Facebook group That’s It, I’m Wedding Shaming after sending invitations to their nuptials with a shocking request for their guests, per a Tyla.com report.

The pair were called out for reportedly asking their friends and family to send money alongside their RSVP that would “contribute towards the cost” of their wedding’s buffet dinner reception at rates of up to $40.

“No, no, no, no, no, and no,” the unsigned guest who shared the shocking request in the group captioned the image.

The invitation’s text began by relieving guests from gift-shopping obligations: “In lieu of traditional gifts, we kindly request that you contribute towards the cost of our reception buffet.”

“This will allow us to share a wonderful meal together and create lasting memories with our loved ones.”

It noted that the cost per person would be $40 for adults and $20 for children aged 12 and under.

“To facilitate the planning process, we kindly ask that you include your contribution to the meals when you RSVP. This will help us provide accurate numbers to our venue and ensure a seamless experience for everyone,” they added. “Kindly include your name and ‘wedding buffet contribution’ in the payment reference.”

The matrimonial memo concluded, “Your presence at our wedding is the most meaningful gift we could ask for, and we are truly grateful for your love and support as we embark on this new chapter of our lives together.”
Some members of the Facebook group That’s It, I’m Wedding Shaming called the request “tacky.” that's it, I'm wedding shaming/Facebook

Some members of the Facebook group That’s It, I’m Wedding Shaming called the request “tacky.” that's it, I'm wedding shaming/Facebook

As the name of the Facebook group implies, members therein did not hold back their criticisms and deemed it “tacky.”

If you can’t afford a wedding, don’t have a wedding,” wrote one appalled wedding planning enthusiast.

However, some made a case for the practical request.

Said one supporter, “I have absolutely zero problem with this, and I think it’s kind of weird that people expect a great meal and alcohol for free but will also complain if the food and alcohol isn’t good enough or if it’s not an open bar.”

Added another, “Is it bad that I actually don’t have an issue with this? It’s a reasonable amount, less than what most people would spend on a gift, and they were clear that they did not want gifts as well as the contribution.”

Despite the couple’s unorthodox approach to financing their big day, guests do have a responsibility to come correct, as outlined by wedding expert Samantha Gilchrist in a recent interview.

The CEO of The Gilchrist Collection, a wedding venue brokerage, reminded prospective marital event attendees that their presence alone is no present, adding that “money for them to start their new life or go towards their honeymoon” is a perfectly appropriate gift.

“It doesn’t matter [what it is], but you never show up empty-handed.”

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/bride-groom-called-tacky-charging-204041268.html

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best is to have a wedding dinner at a hawker centre and distribute CDC vouchers to the guests to let them choose their dish. When it comes to yum-seng toast, can use 豆花水 to substitute wine. :laugh:

VanDick

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the chinks do it! And expect big angpow.

Bride and groom called ‘tacky’ for wedding guest fee — but some say they have ‘zero problem with this’​

Hannah Sparks
Mon, 26 February 2024 at 4:40 am SGT·3-min read

8b69a5ab7ccc53793024361e9edabd99

These newlyweds wanted to have their wedding cake and eat it too.

An anonymous bride and groom earned a takedown in the Facebook group That’s It, I’m Wedding Shaming after sending invitations to their nuptials with a shocking request for their guests, per a Tyla.com report.

The pair were called out for reportedly asking their friends and family to send money alongside their RSVP that would “contribute towards the cost” of their wedding’s buffet dinner reception at rates of up to $40.

“No, no, no, no, no, and no,” the unsigned guest who shared the shocking request in the group captioned the image.

The invitation’s text began by relieving guests from gift-shopping obligations: “In lieu of traditional gifts, we kindly request that you contribute towards the cost of our reception buffet.”

“This will allow us to share a wonderful meal together and create lasting memories with our loved ones.”

It noted that the cost per person would be $40 for adults and $20 for children aged 12 and under.

“To facilitate the planning process, we kindly ask that you include your contribution to the meals when you RSVP. This will help us provide accurate numbers to our venue and ensure a seamless experience for everyone,” they added. “Kindly include your name and ‘wedding buffet contribution’ in the payment reference.”

The matrimonial memo concluded, “Your presence at our wedding is the most meaningful gift we could ask for, and we are truly grateful for your love and support as we embark on this new chapter of our lives together.”
Some members of the Facebook group That’s It, I’m Wedding Shaming called the request “tacky.” that's it, I'm wedding shaming/Facebook's it, I'm wedding shaming/Facebook

As the name of the Facebook group implies, members therein did not hold back their criticisms and deemed it “tacky.”

If you can’t afford a wedding, don’t have a wedding,” wrote one appalled wedding planning enthusiast.

However, some made a case for the practical request.

Said one supporter, “I have absolutely zero problem with this, and I think it’s kind of weird that people expect a great meal and alcohol for free but will also complain if the food and alcohol isn’t good enough or if it’s not an open bar.”

Added another, “Is it bad that I actually don’t have an issue with this? It’s a reasonable amount, less than what most people would spend on a gift, and they were clear that they did not want gifts as well as the contribution.”

Despite the couple’s unorthodox approach to financing their big day, guests do have a responsibility to come correct, as outlined by wedding expert Samantha Gilchrist in a recent interview.

The CEO of The Gilchrist Collection, a wedding venue brokerage, reminded prospective marital event attendees that their presence alone is no present, adding that “money for them to start their new life or go towards their honeymoon” is a perfectly appropriate gift.

“It doesn’t matter [what it is], but you never show up empty-handed.”

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/bride-groom-called-tacky-charging-204041268.html

If a local sinkie couple does this, it is called sia suey and cheapskate. But when an ang mo couple like them do this, it is called being creative and financial responsible.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most people don’t marry for love these days. It’s always the usual cliche -
- don't wanna die alone
- want their kids to have legitimate parents
- housing loan

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hate attending wedding events. so all superficial.
Go malay wedding no need to pay. Just come within specific time, say 12.30 -330, eat and go off. But no booze as if got booze nobody would want to leave early. It's not because haram.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go malay wedding no need to pay. Just come within specific time, say 12.30 -330, eat and go off. But no booze as if got booze nobody would want to leave early. It's not because haram.
Malay wedding is byo booze, if those sitting next to you friendly, can share with them.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
If a local sinkie couple does this, it is called sia suey and cheapskate. But when an ang mo couple like them do this, it is called being creative and financial responsible.
it is understood for chink culture, no need to say. Guests are expected to help foot the hefty bill, which is disgusting. If can’t afford a wedding, don’t have a wedding.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great idea. Or host can place it at corner for guests pleasure.
I will add it to the toast for the bride and groom...
Though they have fucked sober many times, some alcohol will heighten the sexperience, they might discover new holes and positions.