• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Mo lawyer not happy with Singapore Law

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Police should punish such reckless habits

Published on Feb 1, 2012

I AM an American lawyer and Singapore permanent resident. My wife is a Singaporean and we have two young sons who were born here.

Last Friday night, I was playing with my four-year-old son at the void deck of Block 106, Simei Street 1 when a motorcyclist sped in, almost running over my son.

The motorcyclist stopped a short distance away, apparently to attend a football game. I confronted him over the incident and subsequently called the police, after he told me I did not belong here and to return to America.

The police interviewed the motorcyclist, who I understood to be 22 years of age. But he was only issued a summons for parking his motorcycle illegally in the void deck.

I was shocked by the penalty, bearing in mind that he almost ran over a child.

I was a criminal prosecutor in the United States and the motorcyclist's action in speeding into a void deck, almost striking a person, would have been regarded as a felony called 'criminal endangerment'.

One of the two police officers who answered my call told me he wanted to maintain peace in the neighbourhood. With due respect to the police, the first priority in this case should have been to protect people, especially children.

Instead, the police protected this motorcyclist far more than my four-year-old child.

John Huntley

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm shocked at the stupidity and ignorance of law of this self-proclaimed American lawyer. There's a big and material difference between almost and touched.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm shocked at the stupidity and ignorance of law of this self-proclaimed American lawyer. There's a big and material difference between almost and touched.

Before I proceed, wish to make clear that I am not siding with Angmor, but siding humanity and basic decency.

In developed countries, people are conscious of their environment - and that means taking extra care and precaution in residential areas with even more care exercised near schools and hospitals. When there are children around - you and I are expected to keep a lookout for them, not the other way around. In public places (eg. malls) when adults push open a door to walk through, they look back and see whether there may be toddlers or other kids following closeby behind before letting it go to close - I hardly see this at all in Sg. People here leave their kids in their maids' charge, and then yak away with their friends, few of them even bother to check once in a while.

As for this Yankee, he was being protective of his child. Any parent would. The motorcyclist should have been charged for reckless and dangerous driving (in an unauthorised area) and the policeman sent for retraining.

Cheers!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did he mention the race of the rider?, to play football....hmmm!! the policeman, what race again!, most policemen are.... hmmm!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's a lawyer? What a surprise, eh?

Folks like John Huntley are litigious bastards who won't hesitate to take up a frivolous lawsuit and sue for 'damages'.

You know, the type of parent who would sue a blender company when his kid lost fingers while playing with the blender.

Hey John, start suing when your brat is injured or dead.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
News headline: FT child almost cause serious accident for local motorcyclist by running around wild without proper parental supervision.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he is so worried, he should stay by the kid's side and not let him wonder around.

Before I proceed, wish to make clear that I am not siding with Angmor, but siding humanity and basic decency.

In developed countries, people are conscious of their environment - and that means taking extra care and precaution in residential areas with even more care exercised near schools and hospitals. When there are children around - you and I are expected to keep a lookout for them, not the other way around. In public places (eg. malls) when adults push open a door to walk through, they look back and see whether there may be toddlers or other kids following closeby behind before letting it go to close - I hardly see this at all in Sg. People here leave their kids in their maids' charge, and then yak away with their friends, few of them even bother to check once in a while.

As for this Yankee, he was being protective of his child. Any parent would. The motorcyclist should have been charged for reckless and dangerous driving (in an unauthorised area) and the policeman sent for retraining.

Cheers!

limpeh2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely. Bloody angmos are mostly useless parents who fail at taking care of their rotten loin fruits. Their runts running around on a busy road unsupervised & get knocked down. They blame everyone including the laws of physics but their stupidity. Zero accountability.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely. Bloody angmos are mostly useless parents who fail at taking care of their rotten loin fruits. Their runts running around on a busy road unsupervised & get knocked down. They blame everyone including the laws of physics but their stupidity. Zero accountability.

Bud, stay on track. The case in this thread refers to use of a void deck, not a busy road.

Cheers!

limpeh2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bud, the point is, they will blame everyone but themselves. A motorcyclist 'speeding' in a void deck & narrowly missing the f--king unsupervised sacred angmo chapcheng runt & mata only gave fine to the rider? You actually believe this steaming pile of shit? Have I got a beachfront property in Yio Chu Kang to sell you.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last Friday night, I was playing with my four-year-old son at the void deck of Block 106, Simei Street 1 when a motorcyclist sped in, almost running over my son

Easy to find the Ang Moh... He could be staying at the above mentioned block... If you see an Ang Moh coming out from the lift of block 106, it could be John Huntley..:biggrin:

The motorcyclist stopped a short distance away, apparently to attend a football game. I confronted him over the incident and subsequently called the police, after he told me I did not belong here and to return to America.

Hmmm.... Could be a Mat Motorcyclist... Mats love parking their bikes under the HDB blocks.. A good reply from the Mat to tell the Ang Moh to fuck off back to this country... As a fellow Singaporean I would side with the Mat brudder in his dispute against this Ang Moh thrash...

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think the ang mo talk big hole only la, same as all ang mo like to make a mountain out of a molehill. maybe the child is 10 metres away, but he say like until the motorcycle is 0.1 nanometers away from his child.

upon saying this, however, i also think that the motorcycle is wrong too, parking in void deck.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why play at the void deck ?
Play at the playground.
failure to keep a child in a safe environment.
Guardian fault.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun like the angmo as much as the next person in this forum but to support the biker is just too much. i have problem with biker riding their bike on any place other that roads. if a motorcycle knock down anyone on the void deck or pavement, can the insurance company refuse compensation to the victim as the place of accident is not on road? if the police can issue fine to cyclist for cycling on pavement but only issue parking fine to motorbike owner, then the law need to be change. to be knock down by motorbike on pavement is much much worse than by bicycle. this not only unfair to the general public and also to the cyclist who is more harmless.

one of these day somebody patience will run out and push those pizza or mcdonald bike down while the biker are delivering.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can bet the motorcyclist is a fucking m&d. These bastards are super inconsiderate to others but expect others to be considerate to them if not it's racism again and again.

Yet some of you here always praise m&ds to the skies saying they are nice and frenly all becos they smile. Idiots.