• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anatomy of a retrenchment

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 12.23.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 12.22.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 12.20.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 12.20.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 12.20.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 12.21.29 PM.png

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh my god!! That heavily used spinster is still around to spew craps like this? She should look back and admit the reason why SPH's readership has plunged was mostly because of her crappy articles that suck balls until her boss climax and every subscriber no longer believe she was objective in whatever shitty things she wrote. It is time for her to close her legs, pack up and leave the organisation, like the rest, with dignity instead of staying put to rot inside Toa Payoh Brothel. Whore!

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh my god!! That heavily used spinster is still around to spew craps like this? She should look back and admit the reason why SPH's readership has plunged was mostly because of her crappy articles that suck balls until her boss climax and every subscriber no longer believe she was objective in whatever shitty things she wrote. It is time for her to close her legs, pack up and leave the organisation, like the rest, with dignity instead of staying put to rot inside Toa Payoh Brothel. Whore!

SPINSTER ... a pax who spins like fake newscaster....NOT a pax not married or seldom screw or get screwed...

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
you have to wonder why they cannot sped a bit to train their photographers to shoot video, and illustrators to design for web.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Breathtaking in terms of sheer arrogance and condescension. I can't believe she wrote this at a time like this. Losing a job is one of the most traumatic event in anyone's life. There is a sense of being unworthy and a loss of confidence. If there is family to support, the sense of being a failure is not an uncommon thought. No one accepts retrenchment no matter how you package it. Its basically an investment in a company that has terribly wrong.

It best to leave them alone and be ready to provide support when asked. Not write dribble and garbage. What these people need is space. Truly an insensitive moron.

Here are the list of "gems" this idiot wrote;
- "For SPH's case, unions and management negotiated what is widely considered a generous package"
- "one big boo-boo took place when some staff found out they were retrenched the hard way - when they couldn't log into their computer system after they came to work. It wasn't meant to be thus, but it happened. SPH bosses apologised for the error."
- "The retrenching of editorial staff should come as no surprise."
- "Retrench with the head - and then execute and empathise with the heart."
- "I decided to compartmentalise the two parts. Accept the fact of retrenchment rationally. Then try to be there emotionally for those affected."
- "Have a cup of coffee with your colleagues in the canteen"
- "The second worst hit emotionally, in my view, are the bosses who made the decision on where the axe should fall."
- "I was appreciative that my boss, a key decision-maker in the exercise, told us middle-managers that if there was any "opprobrium" from staff, it should be directed at him."
- "Engulfed with heavy feelings, a colleague and I left the newsroom that Thursday for an early dinner."

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies must think contrarian. getting laid off is like getting laid.....best thing to happen and very shiok. nothing traumatic nor tragic about it. for those who resign prematurely, unless there’s already a better job waiting, it’s goondu to just walk away and leave the employer with no money wasted and zero liabilities. for those who reach retirement eligibility and retire willingly, again employer provides minimum benefits and saves itself incentive packages. for those who wait out long enough for a layoff (retrenchment in sinkie terms), there should be severance rewards (not compensation) to look forward to. my pal who worked for hp for 30 years finally retired (middle option). but he missed out on both an early retirement incentive package a year earlier and a severance package a year later. had he remained for one more year he would have enjoyed a week’s pay for every year he worked (31 weeks) plus accumulated pto payouts over 30 years (in ca, pto can accrue for duration of career) plus unused sick leave plus unused paid vacation. total can equal a full year’s pay. moreover he has paid off on his mortgage, kids finished college and support themselves, saved enough for a 20-year draw down of his retirement savings, or live frugally on interest and rental income. he picked the worst time to retire with zero severance package, but he’s extremely happy nonetheless as his finances are solid for at least the next 20 years. getting laid off is never negative and should be treated as a career milestone of change (for the better). for some they deserve to get booted to wake up from their stupor. too many neuro-negative types treat it as the end of the world and start to shoot their managers and colleagues out of despair and anger. enjoy and breathe a sigh of fresh air. please don’t jump in bedok reservoir.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
- "The second worst hit emotionally, in my view, are the bosses who made the decision on where the axe should fall."."
This statement of her took the cake. She was more sympathetic towards her bosses (who drew millions of dollars & dividends) who made the decision to retrench the staff rather than the staff who were emotionally traumatised by the sudden dismissal and worrying about family livelihood to meet. I can see that her desperation to write something, is clearly stripping herself naked for the new CEO in order to secure her own rice-bowl.

Last edited:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SPINSTER ... a pax who spins like fake newscaster....NOT a pax not married or seldom screw or get screwed...

What can one expect but fake news from a fake news organisation spinned by none other than their foremost loyalist government-sanctioned mouthpiece. There is a sound reason why SPH is ranked so low in the world! You will only get to hear the establishment side of the story.