• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Amos Yee is Free, Obtain Asylum

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have full respect for this kid here. Intelligent and smart to go all out against the PAP.

amosyee_facebook.jpg

Chicago - A Singaporean teenager who became notorious for profanity-laced attacks on the city's late leader Lee Kuan Yew was granted asylum by a US immigration court, his attorney announced Tuesday.

Amos Yee, 18, a filmmaker turned activist who served two jail terms in Singapore for his controversial videos, was detained by US authorities when he arrived at a Chicago airport in mid-December.

An immigration appeals court in Chicago last Thursday agreed with a lower court judge's earlier decision to grant asylum, finding that Yee had a "well-founded fear of future persecution" if returned to Singapore.

"We agree with the immigration judge that the cumulative harm in this case rose to the level of persecution," the Board of Immigration Appeals said in its ruling.

Yee's attorney Sandra Grossman expected him to be released from a jail near Chicago on Tuesday. She was critical of US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for keeping the teen imprisoned.

"We decry ICE's decision to detain Mr Yee, especially after his asylum case was granted and after DHS made no arguments, nor presented evidence, that Yee is a threat," Grossman said in a statement.

Yee posted an expletive-laden video in March 2015 attacking Lee amid an outpouring of grief over the founding prime minister's death that same week.

In the eight-minute video, Yee compared Lee to Jesus, saying "they are both power-hungry and malicious but deceive others into thinking they are compassionate and kind."

He was jailed for four weeks for hurting the religious feelings of Christians and for posting an obscene drawing of Lee and former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.

He served 55 days, including penalties for violating bail conditions.

In September 2016, Yee was jailed for six weeks for insulting Muslims and Christians in a series of videos posted online.

The videos were watched hundreds of thousands of times before they were taken down from Yee's YouTube page.

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos Yee wasn't the first sinkie to seek asylum but he was the most memorable one.

Now the real test begins. His ability to survive in the US of A.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos Yee wasn't the first sinkie to seek asylum but he was the most memorable one.

Now the real test begins. His ability to survive in the US of A.

I truly believe he would be able to survive. He is in the USA and there are lots of courageous and creative people around him.

He will receive help and inspiration from such people and fly to greater heights.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two courts in the land of the free have now found the PAP's courts to be kangaroo courts?

"Two US immigration courts have now called a spade a spade. Pinky our dear leader was upset with Amos Yee for denigrating his father but did not have the balls to call him out and instead unleashed the full venom of the organs of State up his tender ass using the cover of religious sensitivity and the arsenal of the land's sedition laws.

This trick worked in Singapore quite effectively a...nd Amos was convicted but unfortunately the sham was laid thread bare in the United States in the asylum proceedings and appeal thereon.

A most damning indictment of the administration of justice in Singapore spelt out in technicolour detail in two separate judgments for the world to read to justify giving a young boy refuge from political persecution in his own country.

This is simply remarkable and unprecedented in the annals of legal history here save for the Privy Council tearing into the then Chief Justice Wee Chong Jin's shambolic judgment against JBJ Jeyaratnam that was used to debar the politician.

That hurt no doubt as will this one. A stinging slap in the face for Singapore and the system here.

Therefore the second take away is that the judgement of the three-member United States Board of Immigration Appeals upholding an earlier ruling from a lower court judge unequivocally means that Amos Yee's persecution and imprisonment in Singapore was politically motivated to silence him. There are no two ways about this.

Shame on the PAP Government exposed for the world to see what it does to little boys that annoy them."

~ Khush Chopra

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal
I truly believe he would be able to survive. He is in the USA and there are lots of courageous and creative people around him.

He will receive help and inspiration from such people and fly to greater heights.

I ain't so sure about that. He backstabbed someone who bail him out. He has no sense of appreciation for those that cared for him.

The only positive side is that he is young. So he can afford to make many mistakes.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ain't so sure about that. He backstabbed someone who bail him out. He has no sense of appreciation for those that cared for him.

The only positive side is that he is young. So he can afford to make many mistakes.

From what i had read, he backstabbed that guy because that guy try to pull a "i-bail-you-out-so-you-owe-me-your-life" stunt/attitude on him.

In USA, the people respect the individual and on what the individual can do.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he’s fed with too much nigger semen in detention. all gay pedophiles in chicago looking for a smooth butt will be calling him to give him some welcum and love.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the Rubin Report, Amos said that Singapore is a psychological prison and fear is the chains that lock people from making their views.

His experience told us that you have to overcome the fear in order to pave the way for true democracy and freedom of speech.

By facing your fears, with the likes of getting jail and persecuted, you will find that it is nothing much to fear. In fact, you become more powerful and fearless in dealing with the PAP and their corrupted courts. PAP are afraid of political threats and by becoming one, you are helping your own country to get rid of corrupted politicians and courts.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His experience told us that you have to overcome the fear in order to pave the way for true democracy and freedom of speech.

Couldn't agree more.

We don't even have to go as far as Amos. Let's start by getting the 70% to vote for the opposition – if you can't even overcome the fear of voting for whom you want in a secret ballot, then we can forget about democracy & free speech.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couldn't agree more.

We don't even have to go as far as Amos. Let's start by getting the 70% to vote for the opposition – if you can't even overcome the fear of voting for whom you want in a secret ballot, then we can forget about democracy & free speech.

I could not agree with you on the voting. Voting will never win the PAP. PAP move the goal post constantly to ensure that they will win. Voting is playing into the game of PAP. The only way is to massively boycott the election and the other self-serving policies. This is the only way to break the PAP. No other way.

Why don't you suggest what PAP should do? You seems to always tell the people what they should do?

By the way, Amos Yee didn't vote. He goes against the PAP. That is the way to break the PAP. That is why Amos has my highest respect. He earns it.

Last edited:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, Amos Yee didn't vote. He goes against the PAP. That is the way to break the PAP. That is why Amos has my highest respect. He earns it.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I could not agree with you on the voting. Voting will never win the PAP. PAP move the goal post constantly to ensure that they will win. Voting is playing into the game of PAP. The only way is to massively boycott the election and the other self-serving policies. This is the only way to break the PAP. No other way.

When the 30% boycott the election, the 70% will still vote and give the PAP a 100% mandate. Try getting that into your thick skull.

Boycotting doesn't require courage; it's just plain stupid. Courage is voting the likes of Chee Soon Juan and Lim Tean into parliament to represent you, and trust that they'll look after your estate well, and not be hung up about lift upgrading, covered walkways and your flat's value appreciating.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the 30% boycott the election, the 70% will still vote and give the PAP a 100% mandate. Try getting that into your thick skull.

Boycotting doesn't require courage; it's just plain stupid. Courage is voting the likes of Chee Soon Juan and Lim Tean into parliament to represent you, and trust that they'll look after your estate well, and not be hung up about lift upgrading, covered walkways and your flat's value appreciating.

I am referring to what Amos Yee is doing. Be a political threat and break the PAP until they cannot even hold any election to put them in power. That means to break the PAP system too.

Voting do not break the PAP system. I am also referring to boycotting their self-serving policies.
Boycotting is one way to be a threat to the PAP.

Boycotting election and their self-serving policies goes hand in hand.

When i say massively boycotting, i do not refer to the 30%. Massively is obviously more than 50% or 60%. Please pay attention in your reading.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When i say massively boycotting, i do not refer to the 30%. Massively is obviously more than 50% or 60%. Please pay attention in your reading.

Even if 50% boycott, the remaining 50% will still vote for the PAP and return them to power with 100% of the valid votes with which the PAP will gloat to the world. The press never reveals boycott figures.

OTOH, if you get 51% to vote for the oppo, you topple the PAP. It will be a new govt, new policies. Done legally, no bloodshed.