• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All Cecilia Sue stuff here please....

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Cecilia Sue is depressed

If NBG is truly acquitted, then he should rightly be reinstated in his job and position no? So he would be back in SPF in a new role?

Unlikely to happen in Singapore. Hope that he still has some backers.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Defence : Why investigator spent long time in office with CS before & after sessi

Honestly, that short and rotund man look more like a "bookie" or rubber smoke-house owner ala Tan lark Sye than a investigator.

He don't seem to know how to dress and walks like a army deserter within a military prison.

I am sure he is a "Chinese-helicopter". That could be the reason why he made "honest" mistake of living out "NOT". (Bold emphasis added)

I once had the "honour" or working with a "direct-entry Inspector" (Nanyang-grad) in the mid 70's.

This is what he wrote on a police medical examination form for a suspected insane person:

Dear Dogtor (how is doctor spelt?)

Subject was catchded by the police for trying to unlock the lock door that was securely locked.

He putted up a violent aggresive struggle and was cutted for the hand.

Please check his head and tell me whether he is fix for persecution.

With such people from that era I am sure some of them may even have found their way to these agency.

Agree.

Sorry brother that it appears that your post had a mistake: [ mistake of living out "NOT" ], which should be < mistake of leaving out the word "NOT" >
living comes from the word live as in to live a life or I live in Toronto.
leaving coms from the word leave as in leave the bag there.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Defence : Why investigator spent long time in office with CS before & after sessi

I had lunch just now at Chinatown hawker centre Block 335, the big roast meat / soya sauce chicken stall. The signage claims that they are the best in "Cow Car Water".

Hahahahha! Super helicopter!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Breaking News:

NBG has no case to answer !!!

DJ must be having a severe headache if he is thinking of a discharge amounting to acquittal. Bear in mind, the next CJ was AG when NBG's case was deliberated in AGC. If AG concurs with his officers' decision to charge NBG, surely it means something for the DJ.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If NBG is truly acquitted, then he should rightly be reinstated in his job and position no? So he would be back in SPF in a new role?

If DATA, PSC will be next. Departmental action will see NBG sacked for misconduct. Bet on this outcome.

Dragon8899

Alfrescian
Loyal

If DATA, PSC will be next. Departmental action will see NBG sacked for misconduct. Bet on this outcome.

Where is the bad conduct? If NBG is acquitted, means he has not committing a crime. No division or agency is above the court of law.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's what I have predicted, at the on-set of the trial. Acquittal due to the fact that the bjs were average at best.

Anyway, once acquittal, BohGay will sweet talk to both Susu and Yen yen and all three will live happily evr after. End of story.:smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Where is the bad conduct? If NBG is acquitted, means he has not committing a crime. No division or agency is above the court of law.

There were cases in the past whereby a DATA led to BOI in PSC and then either dismissal or retirement in public interest.

PSC doesn't handle criminal cases. They handle non-criminal ones.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think Tan Chee Meng liked watching too many american movies. We don't operate a jury system and therefore perceptions are not as important as facts. He had requested DATA at the start of the trial which was rejected and again at the close of prosecution. He is appealing to the public and not to the DJ.

It does indicate that he does not have much to go with.

There is the following to prove
- the conflict of interest does not exist
- his client did not receive anything ( the sex was a figment of imagination or he oftens receives free sex for all walks of life)

Nothing to suggest that it went that far.

Ps. Old man and Evan Yeo for reasons best known to them had a penchant for hiring Nantah graduates. Now everyone is paying the price. These guys can't even construct a simple sentence without tripping over it and they allowed them to take statements from a superscale officer whose written and spoken language is English. What were they thinking - equal rights, affirmative action, inclusive society etc.

Last edited:

EagleRanger

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Can Defense Counsel recall CS to the witness stand and grill her? Must it have to depend on Prosecution always to call on witnesses?

EagleRanger

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's what I have predicted, at the on-set of the trial. Acquittal due to the fact that the bjs were average at best.

Anyway, once acquittal, BohGay will sweet talk to both Susu and Yen yen and all three will live happily evr after. End of story.:smile:

Then what about the daughter of CS? What will happen to her?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The PSC and the AG could and should have conducted a departmental discipline or conduct hearing, and dealt with it diplomatically, may be quietly, as well as "safe face", and terminated NBG without this airing of dirty linen, and apparent poor investigations and record keeping by the "never at fault" CPIB.

Although I do not know NBG, and have no vested interest in the outcome, I wish NBG receives a "DATA"

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think Tan Chee Meng liked watching too many american movies. We don't operate a jury system and therefore perceptions are not as important as facts. He had requested DATA at the start of the trial which was rejected and again at the close of prosecution. He is appealing to the public and not to the DJ.

- his client did not receive anything ( the sex was a figment of imagination or he oftens receives free sex for all walks of life)

Ps. Old man and Evan Yeo for reasons best known to them had a penchant for hiring Nantah graduates. Now everyone is paying the price. These guys can't even construct a simple sentence without tripping over it and they allowed them to take statements from a superscale officer whose written and spoken language is English. What were they thinking - equal rights, affirmative action, inclusive society etc.

I am puzzled that the CPIB could not assign an experienced officer whose command of English is good, although may not be as strong as Francis Seow.
I cannot believe that their command of English is that poor. Regardless of their academic achievements, if their spoken and written English is sub-standard, they should never have been hired.

Although I may not work for them, they could have hired me on a per diem basis, to take the statements from SuSu?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree.

Sorry brother that it appears that your post had a mistake: [ mistake of living out "NOT" ], which should be < mistake of leaving out the word "NOT" >
living comes from the word live as in to live a life or I live in Toronto.
leaving coms from the word leave as in leave the bag there.

Thank you bro. Noted.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With the blessings of the Supreme Genki, all will be forgiven.:o

M

Mdm Tang

With the blessings of the Supreme Genki, all will be forgiven.:o

Datok , if i may add , may the Sky be Amber today !!!
Amber Sky all the way !!!

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Scroo

I would like to refer you in particular to the Prevention of Corruption Act and the particular subsection he was charged under. The broadness with which the act was written means that any conflict of interest whether direct, indirect or it leads through six layers of management means that he is liable under the law. A conflict of interest can take many levels but as TCM would put it the meer appearance of a conflict of interest does not mean its very existence. The law as it is drafted assumes that as long as a favor was accepted, corruption is assumed and the onus is on the accused to prove otherwise, Frankly the law is so damm broad that even if a conflict of interest did not exists, he would still be liable to be charged. IE Miss CS was giving him a BJ because he could "help" with an IT project in say MINDEF or PSA. The appearance of impropreity is enough and with the burden of proof on the DEFENCE, its well really easy to charge and prosecute for the AGC

SC TCMs defense is bent on proving the following. That even though a BJ was optained it was concensual and that HE HAD NO PART to play in the award of the contract even though his final signature was on it. The technical issue even with the SOF is that even the AGC agrees that NBG did not INFLUENCE the tender. So all they have is the assertion that he SIGNED of on it.

The interesting point is that I believe that CS testimony was a 'forced " releationship because it was the only way she would agree to testify. For AGC if it really was forced , "rape" would have been the appropriate charge with the heavier penalties. As it is why was it not " rape" but corruption if it was "forced ". Technically whether gratification was forced or willing does not matter to the charge of framing corruption but it matters only if that is the only way you will get CS to testify or promise her immunity from being prosecuted for offering the bribe itself.

Locke

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Scroo

I would like to refer you in particular to the Prevention of Corruption Act and the particular subsection he was charged under. The broadness with which the act was written means that any conflict of interest whether direct, indirect or it leads through six layers of management means that he is liable under the law. A conflict of interest can take many levels but as TCM would put it the meer appearance of a conflict of interest does not mean its very existence. The law as it is drafted assumes that as long as a favor was accepted, corruption is assumed and the onus is on the accused to prove otherwise, Frankly the law is so damm broad that even if a conflict of interest did not exists, he would still be liable to be charged. IE Miss CS was giving him a BJ because he could "help" with an IT project in say MINDEF or PSA. The appearance of impropreity is enough and with the burden of proof on the DEFENCE, its well really easy to charge and prosecute for the AGC

SC TCMs defense is bent on proving the following. That even though a BJ was optained it was concensual and that HE HAD NO PART to play in the award of the contract even though his final signature was on it. The technical issue even with the SOF is that even the AGC agrees that NBG did not INFLUENCE the tender. So all they have is the assertion that he SIGNED of on it. The interesting point is that I believe that CS first testimony was a 'forced " releationship because it was the only way she would agree to testify.

Locke

Agree with you. NBG is too close to the tender committee, his signature is even on the final tender approval doc, and the tender committee members are his direct subordinates. A reasonable judge would assue that NBG is too closed to the tender decision making process, and that NBG ought to declare any conflict of interest. NBG's defence lawyer is barking up the wrong tree. It does not matter whether CS is willing or not so willing in providing the oral sex to NBG. What matters to a reasonable person is whether NBG accepted the sex act by CS.

The judge already ascertained that
1. a sex act was performed on NBG by CS
2. CS was assigned to "court" and maintain good relatiionship with NBG by her company in hope of winning projects from CNB
3. Both CS and NBG knew the potential conflict of interest
4. Their sexual relationship was not declared earlier to NBG's superior so that NBG can be "firewalled" from the tender committee.

How not to find guilty? In fact, the punishment will be tougher given that NBG plead not guilty, and did not show any remorse throughout investigation or the trial.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Watch

I think the answer given by the MOF F Director on this very issue is telling. Her response was " He should have declared an interest". Putting aside the morality of the issue, what MOF is suggesting is in effect , if you are screwing someone within the tender process within your chain of command and that chain is direct or indirect, please declare your indescretion to the world.

The prima facie case for the AGC to bring the charge rests primarily on the fact that the law is drafted so wide and so loosely that a. it was easy and b, the burden of proof was reversed so that NBG had to prove his innocence.

A reasonable judge would look at the SOF and see the AGC agreeing with the Defence that, He had NO influence at all on the tender committee. Now we can argue all we want about whether he influenced or not but the agreed SOF sequence is that he did not and we have to work on that basis. There is a conflict of interests, there was non declaration but in itself it does not prove either a deed or intent.

Locke

Agree with you. NBG is too close to the tender committee, his signature is even on the final tender approval doc, and the tender committee members are his direct subordinates. A reasonable judge would assue that NBG is too closed to the tender decision making process, and that NBG ought to declare any conflict of interest. NBG's defence lawyer is barking up the wrong tree. It does not matter whether CS is willing or not so willing in providing the oral sex to NBG. What matters to a reasonable person is whether NBG accepted the sex act by CS.

The judge already ascertained that
1. a sex act was performed on NBG by CS
2. CS was assigned to "court" and maintain good relatiionship with NBG by her company in hope of winning projects from CNB
3. Both CS and NBG knew the potential conflict of interest
4. Their sexual relationship was not declared earlier to NBG's superior so that NBG can be "firewalled" from the tender committee.

How not to find guilty? In fact, the punishment will be tougher given that NBG plead not guilty, and did not show any remorse throughout investigation or the trial.