• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update.
BT_Trial Hi-Tech Clearance at Checkpoints_12 Dec 2017.jpg

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just received a parking summons outside KSL City Mall because the car batt went dead and I left it there for a day. Can I hear from the big bros here what you all do with it? Ignore or pay up?

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not much I believe...simply pay for easy sleep.dont
Later over the years...the problem appear at the worst moment.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, can anyone recommend a good driving instructor in JB ? Thanks !

The Berjaya Driving school is quite good from my family members experience.
They have offices in various areas so you can enquire.However not all their Instructors are equally dedicated so I suggest you ask the office you enquire at to match you with a good one.

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had misplaced my previous car log book. Tried to register my new car but the system prompted already registered. Emailed them but no response.

How do i get my new car register? Anyone have any ideas. Thanks.

Last edited:

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Berjaya Driving school is quite good from my family members experience.
They have offices in various areas so you can enquire.However not all their Instructors are equally dedicated so I suggest you ask the office you enquire at to match you with a good one.
Thanks Chocolate !

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Flip flop again. All the way from BN to PH.:o-o:

MOT defers enforcement of vehicle entry permit until further notice

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 23): The Ministry of Transport (MOT) said it will defer enforcement of vehicle entry permit (VEP) on all outbound traffic at both Bangunan Sultan Iskandar (BSI) and Kompleks Sultan Abu Bakar (KSAB), Johor during peak-hour traffic operation until further notice.

In a statement today, MOT said in addition to the existing fitment centers (FC), the Ministry will open another FC to be located at RTD office at KSAB (outbound traffic).
MOT said it hopes that with the opening of this additional FC and this deferment, all foreign vehicles owners will take this opportunity to immediately register and get the RFID Tag installed to avoid any difficulties to commute in and out of Malaysia in the future.

The registration for VEP was opened since April 2019.

Numerous announcements were made to that effect prior and during this period of time.

That means a period of 6 months was given for owners of foreign vehicles to complete the process up to October 2019.
“In the meantime, the Road Transport Department will focus on advocacy and awareness activities at all outbound traffic flow at KSAB and BSI to educate all foreign vehicles owner on the need for the registration of VEP.

“Nevertheless, in light of several issues made known to the Ministry including the difficulties to get appointment for RFID Tag installation, the Ministry will defer enforcement of VEP on all outbound traffic at both KSAB and BSI during peak-hour traffic operation until further notice,” it said.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/arti...7pUGPm5ojCfbcabzAaI-OK8#.XYgquEayaR0.facebook

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Monthly season parking near JB CIQ inquiry.

I intend to purchase a Malaysian car and keep in in JB near the CIQ. The idea is to be able to easily access it when I cross over to JB. Is there any recommended parking lot, preferably sheltered that anyone would recommend. I am thinking something like the underground parking in the Public Bank Tower garage. But it should have 24 hr access so I can park and take the vehicle out at any time. Thanking everyone in advance.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There is one right opposite the Citysquare mall. Right at the end after the old railway station (now museum). It is open air though but they do allow season parking and its pretty reasonable especially for motorcyclists. When parking there do remember to alway have the exact change as the machine there does not refund any change.

Easier and cheaper than parking at Citysquare. Do not ever park illegally along the road towards the CIQ main entrance there as the fine is pretty substantial.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There is one right opposite the Citysquare mall. Right at the end after the old railway station (now museum). It is open air though but they do allow season parking and its pretty reasonable especially for motorcyclists. When parking there do remember to alway have the exact change as the machine there does not refund any change.

Easier and cheaper than parking at Citysquare. Do not ever park illegally along the road towards the CIQ main entrance there as the fine is pretty substantial.

Ok, thanks for the info. Will check it out.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are going hard against sinkies because they never ever pay fines, honestly you should always get a workshop or toe number ready. I would think its cheaper more convenient than a fine

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monthly season parking near JB CIQ inquiry.

I intend to purchase a Malaysian car and keep in in JB near the CIQ. The idea is to be able to easily access it when I cross over to JB. Is there any recommended parking lot, preferably sheltered that anyone would recommend. I am thinking something like the underground parking in the Public Bank Tower garage. But it should have 24 hr access so I can park and take the vehicle out at any time. Thanking everyone in advance.
If you are still looking!
JB parking.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
They are going hard against sinkies because they never ever pay fines, honestly you should always get a workshop or toe number ready. I would think its cheaper more convenient than a fine

My car would be a Malaysia registered car, they will never know its a singaporean owned.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U mean 70% sinkies not square?

Tats the problem with sinkies. Always like to condemn neighbours. Tats why when sinkies come to Msia, they are not welcome.

Last edited:

cybermad6969

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

Thinking of getting a second hand car to drive around JB town. Any one has contact of a good and reliable car dealer ? thks heaps.