• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hi all,

Thinking of getting a second hand car to drive around JB town. Any one has contact of a good and reliable car dealer ? thks heaps.

When I was looking for mine, I used the 2 websites www.mudah.my, and www.carlist.my. Its a good starting base, and gives you an overall information about how much the car should cost, and how not to overpay. Whether the dealer is reputable or not, you have to go out to his shop and see for yourself. Sometimes, private sellers are more trustworthy

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was looking for mine, I used the 2 websites www.mudah.my, and www.carlist.my. Its a good starting base, and gives you an overall information about how much the car should cost, and how not to overpay. Whether the dealer is reputable or not, you have to go out to his shop and see for yourself. Sometimes, private sellers are more trustworthy
https://www.mymotor.my/public-auction
You may want to consider this. Hopefully, the "neutral" middle man with their inspection would alleviate or lessen any bias in a 2 party deals.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is an endless supply of cars here. First sinkies dump them in jb because they get nore money. Then there are the defaulters of car loans. After that the trade in people. No need to buy a new one if you dont need to

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There is an endless supply of cars here. First sinkies dump them in jb because they get nore money. Then there are the defaulters of car loans. After that the trade in people. No need to buy a new one if you dont need to

Are u sure sinkies dump their cars in JB? Its considered a recon imported car if the Malaysian dealer buys it. Then they have to pay the import duties on it. Not cheap by the time it is resold into the Malaysian used car market.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
They dont sell to resold. They dont pay impirt either. You are thinking too mich like sknkie. Rules are bendable. New plates are put on.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think what people who live in developing countries must remembee is most things dont go by the law. Dont make the mistake of assuming they do. Learn the rules of society. Car insurance fraud for example is so common theres barely any investigations. Car defaults back to company, they burn it, or push it into the sea and get money back.

flushroses

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think what people who live in developing countries must remembee is most things dont go by the law. Dont make the mistake of assuming they do. Learn the rules of society. Car insurance fraud for example is so common theres barely any investigations. Car defaults back to company, they burn it, or push it into the sea and get money back.
Pretty harsh if you ask me.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
From shared bad experiences with cars when servicing your car, please always check your car tyres, even by your regular mechanic.

They under inflated my brand new tyres that i purchased and claimed the petrol station meter was wrong. Imagine front two tyres are 220 and the back tyres (the ones that got replaced) are 117. Did test twice and tried at the 2nd machine, so how could the meter be wrong. Its disappointing as i have been spending a lot with them the past few years. One time they even forgot to put back my air filter, causing the car to stall midway. Out of goodwill, not mentioning their names here, just confirm the status especially on the tyres, have a 2nd look and check if they look under inflated.

One mechanic even better, took 5 months to fix a car issue, my car got used by them (for testing of course), until the front tyres became bald and even my gps module was removed and taken (it was my own fault as i didn't check 100%). They kept delaying and did not work on the car until i got back. The guy even claimed my battery was dead and needed to be replaced when it was not even a year old (still under warranty). Then try to charge me 6k to fix a ESP/ABS issue.
Please do not use - PROSTAR -Premier Star AutoHub

Yet another one volunteered to scan my other car, mentioned no charges and silently billed and charged me 60 for the scan.
Use with caution, ask prices first - JAZZ TYRE AND SERVICE CENTRE

Always check first before handing over your car keys. Please avoid them at all costs. All cars that were overcharged were all Malaysian cars so this has nothing to do with nationality, just honesty.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
From shared bad experiences with cars when servicing your car, please always check your car tyres, even by your regular mechanic.

They under inflated my brand new tyres that i purchased and claimed the petrol station meter was wrong. Imagine front two tyres are 220 and the back tyres (the ones that got replaced) are 117. Did test twice and tried at the 2nd machine, so how could the meter be wrong. Its disappointing as i have been spending a lot with them the past few years. One time they even forgot to put back my air filter, causing the car to stall midway. Out of goodwill, not mentioning their names here, just confirm the status especially on the tyres, have a 2nd look and check if they look under inflated.

One mechanic even better, took 5 months to fix a car issue, my car got used by them (for testing of course), until the front tyres became bald and even my gps module was removed and taken (it was my own fault as i didn't check 100%). They kept delaying and did not work on the car until i got back. The guy even claimed my battery was dead and needed to be replaced when it was not even a year old (still under warranty). Then try to charge me 6k to fix a ESP/ABS issue.
Please do not use - PROSTAR -Premier Star AutoHub

Yet another one volunteered to scan my other car, mentioned no charges and silently billed and charged me 60 for the scan.
Use with caution, ask prices first - JAZZ TYRE AND SERVICE CENTRE

Always check first before handing over your car keys. Please avoid them at all costs. All cars that were overcharged were all Malaysian cars so this has nothing to do with nationality, just honesty.
I don't understand this kind of posts. Seems like a lot of bullshit to me. In the case of the moron who bought the tires, does he not have a tire pressure gauge? I always keep one in my glove compartment. If the tires don't look right when i pick up the car, i could always check the pressure on the spot with my own gauge and then fuck the mechanic if its so off like he says. And if the car is missing the air filter, u can still drive it. for a long time. Like more then a 1000km. but u will risk screwing up your car.

As for the fucktard that left his car for 5 months at the mechanic shop. If they cannot fix my car in one week, i ask for the car back and try another mechanic.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
My friend tells me now is a good time to buy. All the jobless have their cars towed. Now all lelong in used car shops
Used car prices still high in Malaysia. I monitor Carlist a few times a week. Looking for a used Peugeot. Prices haven't budge at all