• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Volkswagen moves Asia-Pacific aftersales hub to Malaysia – faster supply of spare parts to region

The Volkswagen Group has announced that it is moving its Asia-Pacific regional aftersales centre from Singapore to Malaysia, in order to facilitate a more efficient supply of genuine parts. From 2018, the new hub in Johor Bahru will serve 28 markets in the region.

To be constructed in the Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP) free trade area starting in January, the new Volkswagen Group regional centre for original parts will have a direct connection to the port, eliminating the need for intermediate handling. As such, the logistics process will become more efficient and environmentally-friendly.
With the new centre in Tanjung Pelepas, parts will be supplied to South-East Asian markets faster, with regional retail outlets receiving up to two deliveries per day once it is up and running. There are also plans for the aftersales activities of other brands in the Volkswagen Group to be integrated later on, as well as the regional pooling of the delivery chain for genuine parts.

“Over the past few years, the Asia-Pacific region has recorded steady growth. The expansion and the relocation of our regional genuine parts center from Singapore to Malaysia reflect the significance and potential of these growing markets and will lay the foundation for further growth. Malaysia will be the new hub for aftersales logistics in the region,” said Volkswagen Group aftersales head Imelda Labbé.

Volkswagen Group South-East Asia after sales director Marcus Edelmann said, “Our new regional logistics centre will allow us to supply parts throughout the region even faster than before. From 2018, directly connected dealerships in Singapore and Malaysia will receive two deliveries per day. This will significantly improve our customer service in the region at the same time as laying the foundation for further growth.”

That's Good News! For Malaysia that is. More is to come because since 3-5 years ago I have been stressing how overpriced Singapore's 30 year lease at Tuas ( when u really move in its left 25 years ) cost S$5 million for a detached. Those FREEHOLD LANDED DETACHED at Gelang Patah are selling for just S$1.5 million and you can park 20-30 cars easily.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's Good News! For Malaysia that is. More is to come because since 3-5 years ago I have been stressing how overpriced Singapore's 30 year lease at Tuas ( when u really move in its left 25 years ) cost S$5 million for a detached. Those FREEHOLD LANDED DETACHED at Gelang Patah are selling for just S$1.5 million and you can park 20-30 cars easily.

I think if there is a free trade zone within the Port zone and that will be very attractive for any transhipments throughout the region.
I had been using the bonded warehouse in Port Klang for simple repacking before sending them out without paying duties.
Slowly the reality of cost impacts will surface between both countries in all these business decisions.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think if there is a free trade zone within the Port zone and that will be very attractive for any transhipments throughout the region.
I had been using the bonded warehouse in Port Klang for simple repacking before sending them out without paying duties.
Slowly the reality of cost impacts will surface between both countries in all these business decisions.

Also I heard some companies use the facilities for changing the label made in ... to made in Malaysia

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

This gives more credence to the inclination of SG govt to freeze the rise of property costs in SG for next five ten years to allow land, property and labour costs of competitors to catch up thus reducing SG's competitive disdavantages.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always tell my business associates this: Singapore housing and properties prices in general will not rise ( its going down ) for the next few years. At least till 2020. Even if it rises after 2020, gone are the days of buy one get one free purchase ( Sell at double the purchase price ) In Malaysia its not that likely too in the near future.

This gives more credence to the inclination of SG govt to freeze the rise of property costs in SG for next five ten years to allow land, property and labour costs of competitors to catch up thus reducing SG's competitive disdavantages.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also I heard some companies use the facilities for changing the label made in ... to made in Malaysia

There are some who do that but it would be for those goods that do not need proper documentations. Just for marketing purposes only.
You can even change the packaging too. Print your own boxes.

If you need to proper documentations for Customs purposes especially to claim for duty exemptions under Free Trade Agreements or any bilateral agreements, you need certificate of origins. I do import from Korea and repack them for distribution to Thailand customers, all done at bonded warehouses. No duties nor GST to be paid. Just pay services of bonded warehouses and the forwarding fees.
The big incentive is you pay in RM and in Malaysian costs.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the Ports in Malaysia is so inefficient, what make Volkwagen move their warehousing facility over to Malaysia Port Klang ?

Is Singapore really over priced ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For those who need to cross over the border from Singapore to Honor Bahru and vice versa, can consider booking with www.sgjbcab.com

I am a small shareholder in the firm and would appreciate if anyone can consider using them. Thanks everyone.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
It should be working now. www.sgjbcab.com

15284112_10154760181999557_3144671472847680468_n.jpg

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Motorsports: Design of Johor's Fastrackcity unveiled, to feature Formula One-grade circuit
PUBLISHED DEC 6, 2016, 2:08 PM SGT
UPDATED DEC 6, 2016, 3:18 PM

SINGAPORE - Motorsports hub Fastrack Iskandar unveiled the design of its motorsports city on Tuesday (Dec 6), which features a top-grade track suitable for Formula One racing.

The ceremony to unveil the design, held in Johor's Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios, was officiated by Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak.

The facility has a targeted completion date of 2019.

At the heart of the motorsports city, a 10-minute drive from the Tuas Second Link, is the 4.45km track. It has received a Grade 1 rating from the Federation Internationale Automobile (FIA), motor sport's world governing body. That is the highest grading, meaning the track can stage F1 races.

The track takes advantage of the natural undulating terrain, with a 60m elevation differential, to give racers an extra challenge. The circuit also features lighting so that races can also be held at night, like at the Singapore Grand Prix, which is currently the sport's only full night race.

The FIA Grade 1 track was designed by Hermann Tilke, whose body of work includes Malaysia's Sepang, Germany's Nurburgring and Hockenheimring circuits as well as Singapore's Marina Bay Street Circuit.

The German said: "This is one of the most exciting motorsports concepts I have ever been invited to work with.

"I truly believe we can build a unique track for motorsports entertainment."

Apart from hosting the pinnacle of motorsports, Fastrackcity will be promoted as a motorsports hub. A 1.5km Commission Internationale De Karting (CIK) kart circuit, a hill climb track, a 4x4 park with obstacles for off-road, four-wheel drive vehicles, an advanced handling park for road-safety training ensures that a wide spectrum of motorsports is catered for.

The well-heeled can also park their supercars in the high-security premises. Food and beverage outlets, a cluster of garage and hospitality facilities, a four-star hotel, family recreational facilities and a park with a lake aim to make Fastrackcity a self-sustaining automotive eco-system that will complement the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur High-Speed Rail and Johor's Iskandar Malaysia vision to become a bustling metropolis.

The motorsports city is a joint venture between FASTrack Autosports, majority-owned by Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim with the Johor royal family as partner, and Malaysia's state-owned UEM Land. The joint venture, costing RM3.5 billion (S$1.1 billion) was first announced in 2012.

Barry Kan, director of FASTrack Iskandar, said: "It has taken FASTrack Iskandar much time and effort to arrive at the finalised design and concept of this lifestyle development.

"We are excited that we are one step closer to developing Asia's premier fully-integrated motorsports facility which will be the go-to destination for the region's motorsports enthusiasts."

http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/f...ackcity-unveiled-to-feature-formula-one-grade

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just cleared JB customs about 25min ago and got on the EDL when shortly after a few hundred metres I saw on the other side of the highway a small car with two men driving against the flow of traffic heading towards the checkpoint. What in the world is happening that within a couple of days we see people driving against the flow of traffic on the highway?

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share. For those who are looking for wheel alignment in JB.
Can try: No.1 Jln Medan Nusa Perintis 6, Taman Nusa Perintis 11, Gelang Patah.
Just changed 4 tyres and they did the wheel alignment FOC.
Quite fast (5 mins) and rides fine.

Wheel alignment 3.jpg