• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Are there anyone driving the 4x4 pick ups ? which of the following has the easiest-to-find, and cheap parts ?

Toyota Hilux
Mitsubishi Triton
Ford Ranger
Nissan Navara ,..
...?

Where can I get the accurate prices on-line ?
Thanks

Ford Ranger for me, anytime. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi mysing, You really shouldn't although technically speaking they wouldn't see the difference, it is still illegal as you are not qualified for manual car driving plus it wouldn't be safe for yourself, your passengers and other road users.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi mysing, You really shouldn't although technically speaking they wouldn't see the difference, it is still illegal as you are not qualified for manual car driving plus it wouldn't be safe for yourself, your passengers and other road users.

Tks Wuqi. PM u there.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks. Bro. Gong Xin Fatt Chai... Were you the one that was shooting the "bombs" :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh, this year was very mild, to avoid upsetting my European neighbours, (of which recently there seemed to be way more moving in here), i only set off half of what i used to do and when i do, it was far away from them. The rockets were fantastic though this year and some guys took out their fireworks which was like a magic wand shooting out fireworks.

There was some who set off near us and some must have bought old stuff as their fireworks went very low and exploded near the ground. I am saving some for the Lunar day 9th (I am Hokkien after all) and some for the last day.

There were several very loud ones and some even rattled my windows about 1am yesterday. I made it a point to stop fireworks (unless eve) way before 10pm so anything past 10pm has nothing to do with me.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, this year was very mild, to avoid upsetting my European neighbours, (of which recently there seemed to be way more moving in here), i only set off half of what i used to do and when i do, it was far away from them. The rockets were fantastic though this year and some guys took out their fireworks which was like a magic wand shooting out fireworks.

There was some who set off near us and some must have bought old stuff as their fireworks went very low and exploded near the ground. I am saving some for the Lunar day 9th (I am Hokkien after all) and some for the last day.

There were several very loud ones and some even rattled my windows about 1am yesterday. I made it a point to stop fireworks (unless eve) way before 10pm so anything past 10pm has nothing to do with me.

Good Health, Fortune and Success to you Bro.
If we had more persons that think and behave similar to you, we would ALL have a surrounding that is almost like a "kampong" community.

DorisPing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other than Myvi...Alza is also a good local alternative to Toyota / Daihatsu...was told that Toyota....or was it Daihatsu got share in the co....hmmm....

Personal picks for cars for driving in Malaysia would be:

Small car
Perodua Myvi

MPV
Perodua Alza
Toyota Wish

SUV - For when the occasion arises.
H2
Landcruiser
FJ cruiser

Large MPV
Hyundai Starex (wish they will bring in the luxury version or the 4x4 capable version)

4x4 Pickup
Ford Ranger (vibrates less than the other 4x4 for rear passengers and more rear seat comfort)

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ford Ranger for me, anytime. :smile:

Wuqi, is the after sales and servicing good for Ford Ranger?

I was trying out this but am worried about this.

Hilux seems to be slightly more roomy cabin than Ranger.

I saw Diesel out of stocks quite often in JB, and was told sometimes they restrict each fill up to Rm 50 only (maybe it is some stations).

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi

I am thinking to buy MPV Perodua Alza but since its common in msia , will it be high target to get stolen ?
Any alarm can avoid all this ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi, is the after sales and servicing good for Ford Ranger?

I was trying out this but am worried about this.

Hilux seems to be slightly more roomy cabin than Ranger.

I saw Diesel out of stocks quite often in JB, and was told sometimes they restrict each fill up to Rm 50 only (maybe it is some stations).

Ok so far, yes frequently but then the Ford Ranger sips diesel so full tank is about 900 plus km for range.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really a high risk car to be stolen. Perhaps then a better choice will be a Toyota Wish?

Get a Prius if you worry about it get stolen. Not because its got good security system. Its because not one want the spare parts. The spare part only fit Prius.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
No hike in toll rates this year, says Muhyiddin
BY S JAYASANKARAN IN KUALA LUMPUR
PUBLISHED FEBRUARY 07, 2014

BOWING to public pressure, Malaysia's Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin announced yesterday that the government had decided not to impose toll-rate increases this year but would instead absorb the RM400 million (S$153 million) it would cost to compensate the concessionaires involved.

Mr Muhyiddin's announcement was not surprising as public outrage over accumulated price hikes owing to the government's subsidy rationalisation measures had been mounting.

A recent survey by the Malaysian Institute of Economic Research revealed that consumer confidence had plummeted to its lowest level since the 2009 global financial crisis. The main gripe was the rising cost of living.

On another level, the government also has to contend with a by-election scheduled for March 23. The by-poll was triggered by the resignation of Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) assemblyman Lee Chin Cheh on Jan 27.

Mr Lee resigned to pave the way for opposition leader and PKR adviser Anwar Ibrahim to run and, if victorious, replace the state's current mentri besar, Khalid Ibrahim.

According to a senior PKR official who spoke to BT, Mr Khalid is "clean but so tight-fisted that the state's maintenance is being ignored". Mr Anwar is seen as the only choice acceptable to the Selangor PKR.

But whether the government's concession on the toll rates will have any effect on the by-election's outcome is doubtful.

In the May 2013 general election, Mr Lee won by a majority of over 6,000 votes and the general consensus is that Mr Anwar should win comfortably.

On another level, the amount of compensation Putrajaya will have to pay the toll concessionaires has once again sparked debate on the lopsided nature of privatisation agreements.

"The government must find ways to renegotiate the concession agreements," opposition lawmaker Gobind Singh Deo said in a press statement. "There should be limits on profit margins for these contracts, their duration, and if there are none, then Parliament should legislate to provide for it."

Mr Muhyiddin had said that the compensation would be for concessionaires in the Klang Valley which were supposed to have raised their toll rates this year.

The deputy premier said there were several other concessionaires including Projek Lebuhraya Utara-Selatan (Plus) which would not be increasing their toll rates.

"There are altogether 29 highway concessionaires, but only the ones in the Klang Valley are involved (getting compensation)," Mr Muhyiddin said. "If I'm not mistaken, there are nine of them."

Perhaps mindful of the debate, the deputy premier added that the Works Ministry would be asked to do a comprehensive study on the existing toll concessions in a long-term context, to see whether there was a way to renegotiate with the concessionaires on toll collection.

"If there are terms that both sides can agree upon, including extending the concession period as a means to ensure that toll rates will not be raised in future, these can be discussed," he told reporters.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/no-hike-toll-rates-year-says-muhyiddin-20140207