• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Malaysia second home and import of car

Hairy potter brother, thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it.

I go ask pro do how much. If succeed, will guide you next time.

Thank you ahhh

Make sure yr Co make big big next time, when I old liao can go n interview for security guard/cleaner otherwise, go HH beri far to do caddy for ah tiong...:biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Quite a few folks were asking about getting their license in Malaysia:

http://www.malaysia.alloexpat.com/malaysia_information/driving_license_malaysia.php

Non-Malaysians

• Expatriates with valid work permit exceeding one year from the Department of Immigration
• Spouses or children of expatriates with valid dependent passes exceeding one year from the Department of Immigration
• Spouses of Malaysians who are foreigners must have Permanent resident status to be eligible to apply
• Required documents:
o Application Form 'Lampiran B-2' duly completed
o Certified copy of valid foreign driving licence
o Certified copy of passport and relevant work permits/dependent passes
o Translated script (if the license is in other than English language) in English or Bahasa Malaysia by the Embassy of the issuing country or licensing authority

Notes Foreigners with work permit or temporary employment passes for less than three months or on a social visit are not eligible to apply. For eligible applicant, please direct your application to:

Ketua Pengarah,
Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan,
Blok A, Komplek Pejabat Damansara,
Jalan Dungun, Damansara Heights,
50620 Kuala Lumpur.

Successful applicants will be notified, and are required to pay RM20.00 (processing fee) in addition to the licence issuance fee of RM60.00 which has to be submitted together with the following documents at any RTD state office.

• Foreign driving licence and its photocopy
• Translated script (if the licence is in other than English language) in English or Bahasa Malaysia by the Embassy of the issuing country or licensing authority
• 1 coloured photographe (25mm x 32mm)
• International Passport/Travel Document
• Completed JPJL1 Form
• Letter of approval from the Director General, RTD

For further information please log on to the JPJ website at www.jpj.gov.my or call JPJ Headquarters directly at +603-8886 6400

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi ah gong,

I am filling in the form now to apply mm2h. What is that 500k liquid asset? In Singapore in Malaysia? If I have a house worth mor than 500k, can that be used?

Also they require what good conduct, where to get ?

Please advise

Liquidity as in Malaysia and must show monthly foreign sourced income. House worth more than 1m and fully paid up can be counted. Good conduct letter can be applied for from the police. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some people may have their reasons why they are not vested yet. We have to respect their decisions. But i cant stand Sporeans who love to comment lots of negative aspects of Msia or JB. They should first look at their own backyard.

End of the day, as long as they can live with their decision and truly happy, then i am happy for them and respect their decision.

Nobama

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro CB, you are steady man...really make it happen by walking the talk. Some of my friends talk talk talk until cows come home also never dare to invest in JB. Respect you..join this living in JB forum not too long only take action liao :smile:

Mm2h. Which car us best value for money?

alexong2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: New Causeway toll!

I intend to move over to JB from Singapore. Wondering what is the pros and cons of Singaporean owning a Malaysian registered car and staying in JB only coming to Singapore twice a week to drive taxi. Is there any charges I need to consider. Please email me at [email protected] Thanks a million.

wwJd5

Alfrescian
Loyal

sorry for asking this basic question:

can s'porean buy msia car without having mm2h?

what other criteria are there ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Covered in newbie questions. Suggest you can start from there but basically yes you can buy a car and drive. Needs a recognised driving license or international driving license.

iamfree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great stuff....28 weekdays plus weekend and public holidays would be more than enough for him as his business is in KL.
I worked in Malaysia for a period of 6 years. During this time, I applied for this scheme and had the approval to drive to Singapore.

The 5 days advance notice is easy. Just e-mail/fax to them and they reply promptly. Bring this approval when you drive into Singapore.

Another adv is that you on;y pay $5 per day for unlimited ERP usage!

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Covered in newbie questions. Suggest you can start from there but basically yes you can buy a car and drive. Needs a recognised driving license or international driving license.

Thanks, but is the current Singapore driving license recognized as " international" / approved to use in Msia?

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks, but is the current Singapore driving license recognized as " international" / approved to use in Msia?

Brought a perouda viva recently for Rm 24k, singapore license is acceptable... basic car. No power steering, no radio, no speaker, no reverse sensor, no alarm, no central locking. just a 660c to drive around. very happy with it so far..

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

By right and to be absolutely safe, you should apply for an international driving permit when driving a MY registered car in MY.

To buy a MY car, you can use your SG driving licence as proof though.

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi bro and sister,

I am still at the early stage of applying M2H.

As my car is not worth to export to malaysia but i have a friend's car that is gonna scrapped, i thought of buying it and then export to malaysia for my own use.

Anyone know if i can export the car to malaysia first then when my M2H is completed then i can register in malaysia?
If not, do you think i can de-register and put the car at home first then after my M2H completion i shall export to malaysia?

Do you brother and sister know any lobang in singapore, company that can help me to do export of the vehicle or i can do it myself easily?

Please advise.

Thank you.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi bro and sister,

I am still at the early stage of applying M2H.

As my car is not worth to export to malaysia but i have a friend's car that is gonna scrapped, i thought of buying it and then export to malaysia for my own use.

Anyone know if i can export the car to malaysia first then when my M2H is completed then i can register in malaysia?
If not, do you think i can de-register and put the car at home first then after my M2H completion i shall export to malaysia?

Do you brother and sister know any lobang in singapore, company that can help me to do export of the vehicle or i can do it myself easily?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Forget it... not worth it... i think duty 200% something like that