• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Most economical car to drive between JB and Singapore

Will support you whatever choice you make. You can look for Allan from Perodua. Tell him its the same guy that recommended and did not take any commissions. Tell him that the comms (likely 300 RM) will be deducted from your car purchase. He will know who i am as likely few idiots are like me.

Hi bro, i contact Allan already, will go down meet him soon. he told me yr name is Qi.... then actually i didn't know yr name. Tot yr name is WUQI....hehehehe, i just say yes its that guy who recommend me.

Bro my permit only comes out next month, do u think i will risk taking the chances buying before permit approval?? As its my 1st time buying house in MY, so i dun know whether they would approve the permit or not...

So boss, when is the next meet up??:smile: You are a nice chap i have to say.. God bless

Last edited by a moderator:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi bro, i contact Allan already, will go down meet him soon. he told me yr name is Qi.... then actually i didn't know yr name. Tot yr name is WUQI....hehehehe, i just say yes its that guy who recommend me.

Bro my permit only comes out next month, do u think i will risk taking the chances buying before permit approval?? As its my 1st time buying house in MY, so i dun know whether they would approve the permit or not...

So boss, when is the next meet up??:smile: You are a nice chap i have to say.. God bless

Just go with whatever name, i don't get anything but just want to help. Buy after permit, just lock in the price and give the car buys a deposit to get it locked in.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Is there any company in MY providing this service?

If you get someone to do this, do have a note from them that they are your driver so you can show to the customs people.
Also if you are using his car, do have a note or a namecard so that you can prove you are hiring him and his car, just in case
there are illegal items in his car.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you get someone to do this, do have a note from them that they are your driver so you can show to the customs people.
Also if you are using his car, do have a note or a namecard so that you can prove you are hiring him and his car, just in case
there are illegal items in his car.

Cheers bro! those r important pointers to note!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Opening Of The Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL)

yesterday tried using EDL to Permas Jaya , very fast reached ! then from permas EDL go to coastal highway to BI , also very smooth...
After sending my friend back to Permas , washed car and topped up petrol and go custom via EDL , so good , direct go to custom lane .....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

yesterday tried using EDL to Permas Jaya , very fast reached ! then from permas EDL go to coastal highway to BI , also very smooth...
After sending my friend back to Permas , washed car and topped up petrol and go custom via EDL , so good , direct go to custom lane .....

Thanks sis for the update. Can I ask howdid you go from EDL to coastal highway? Is there a Permas EDL link to the coastal highway; or do you go via EDL back to custom area before taking the coastal highway?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks sis for the update. Can I ask howdid you go from EDL to coastal highway? Is there a Permas EDL link to the coastal highway; or do you go via EDL back to custom area before taking the coastal highway?

oh , from permas to edl , i took exit at custom and back to shell and all the way , u will see thistle hotel on right and straight again leads to a road only can turn left , at Tun Amimah hospital on left and quickly make a u turn ....

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree. That's the quickest way now. It will be even quicker when the flyover/overhead bridge in front of the thistle opens, because u will not need to make the u-turn then :wink:

oh , from permas to edl , i took exit at custom and back to shell and all the way , u will see thistle hotel on right and straight again leads to a road only can turn left , at Tun Amimah hospital on left and quickly make a u turn ....

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Places to fix dents and spray for car in JB..

We understand the cost of doing spray work and dents in Singapore.

Can we share a good place for the above works in JB?

Full address and some cost sharing which have been incurred would be good.

Thank you..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Places to fix dents and spray for car in JB..

We understand the cost of doing spray work and dents in Singapore.

Can we share a good place for the above works in JB?

Full address and some cost sharing which have been incurred would be good.

Thank you..

there is a thread for this already , please check before you start opening new threads!

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

RM7.5 for tuas what..
EDL leading to CIQ is shorter queue than the queue after shell U turn right?
i think there is a road from EDL leads directly to halfway mark of the long queue.
correct me if i am wrong.

thank you!

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal

For those who bought new cars in Malaysia, what is your loan rate?

I heard it's around 3%.

How do you guys pay the 1st deposit? All by cash?

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Besides Overseas Tyre and Soh Brothers, any other recommended tyre shops around BI/Bestari area where you have done tyre balancing/rotation and you're happy with the service/pricing?

Thanks in advance.