• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Opening Of The Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL)

How to go to Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) expressway after exiting CIQ ? Where should i exit if i want to go Tebrau City AEON or Tesco ?

There is sign board. After clear custom there will be slope up and there is sign board. Turn down to the tunnel to link to EDL.
Go to Tebrau City need to exit Pandan then use the old road to Tebrau City or just follow Kota Tinggi sign.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Most economical car to drive between JB and Singapore

eh bro.. you really want to buy proton car ?
The QC in Malaysia and their exported version have a lot of difference oh...
of course the display unit is always very nice and good. I read from some forums before, some people in UK complaint about the Wira exported series, and Proton gave their customer a one to one exchange. Whereas in Mudland ??? haha.. wait long long ...

They give you so many free stuffs is because the market demand is lousy ... lol :biggrin:
Ask any Malaysians, they will tell you Proton is a NO NO car ... i would say 90% of them... :biggrin:

I am not trying to scare you bro... but this is the car i will definitely blacklist no matter what model.... :biggrin:

Have been looking out for reviews for proton exora... I think I have no choice but to agree with u bro .. Many ppl hate proton, some of them call them up and asked to call back no more answer from them, how can a reputable local car manufacturer spoil their own name!

I having second tot and think will go ahead with Perodoa Alza, can see many on the roads in sg and MY, think it will save more petrol since its a Toyota engine. Saw the crash test, quite solid. Rm 64k only! Bro LGboy u might want to consider this model also?

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Saw the crash test, quite solid.
peroduaalzacrash_1.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Sorry was referring to another video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzmoBokAk04&feature=youtube_gdata_player.

Even the most expensive cars also will become like crushed pancake if going at very fast speed.

If really want to avoid that, maybe must drive a TANK! :biggrin:. Hahaha

Btw bro what u recommend ???

If budget is below 70k, then definitely Alza as it sips petrol rather than drink. Also friends never had any serious issues with it. Slightly higher than that would probably the Nissan one though friends said a lot of mechanical problems. Innova = Avoid. Old Nissan MPV = Avoid
Else Toyota Wish (recon ones at 100k) or Hyundai Starex (140k plus). Suzuki in Johore = Avoid.

Starex is the closest i can think of that is cheap and good and build solidly, brakes are really good too.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Changed my mind of buying exora, yes will drain petrol like water.

Will support you whatever choice you make. You can look for Allan from Perodua. Tell him its the same guy that recommended and did not take any commissions. Tell him that the comms (likely 300 RM) will be deducted from your car purchase. He will know who i am as likely few idiots are like me.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will support you whatever choice you make. You can look for Allan from Perodua. Tell him its the same guy that recommended and did not take any commissions. Tell him that the comms (likely 300 RM) will be deducted from your car purchase. He will know who i am as likely few idiots are like me.

Hahahha bro dun call yr self idiot, u just rich enough ma!!!!!! Rich ppl dun need any comms, bro any number to call him? Starex too big for me, i dun want to spend too much on cars, as long can move and bring my family around ok Liao, dun need too fast, very slow drive ok Liao... Wait till I get familiar with My roads then will buy a Lamborghini - logo for start .....lol:biggrin: joking only..hehehehehe

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Actually not a matter of rich but whether really sincere in helping.
Alan Tee – +6012 762 7625

Lots of rich people made their money from me yet some who are
not so well off helped me for nothing in return.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry was referring to another video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzmoBokAk04&feature=youtube_gdata_player.
Even the most expensive cars also will become like crushed pancake if going at very fast speed.

Full frontal crash like that even golf carts can pass.
Is there a youtube clip of an Alza offset frontal test?
Offset frontal test where only half of the front absorbing all the impact will give a truer picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FcIaTCIVoA

Look at the windshield pillar deformation ('A' pillar)

Stick with the Exora Bold.
It was designed from the ground up to be an MPV.
It is not a stretched small hatchback like the Alza or a van/pickup in disguise like Avanza/Innova.

Paultan.org reckon its the best MPV below 100k.

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are right bro Aro ... just get an AUDI ... solid !

419031_261016813985168_144541028966081_582683_194751271_n.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Talking about crash, some years ago when I was stopping at traffic light, a Proton saga hit my car from behind and the front was totally crushed and need to be towed away..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, u should reach Pandan in 10 mins from causeway. Pandan could be a bit jammed though, as its a bottleneck depending on when u travel.

hello bro redsYNWA

this morning i tried EDL from custom to Taman daya , there isnt any pandan exit leh .... by the time i drove past Setia Tropika , i knew something was wrong .... kenna tolls for 2 ways leh .....
If i recalled those exits , it should be Jln tebrau exit to go pandan .....
anyway , today EDL very foggy , feels like driving in genting .....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

hello bro redsYNWA

this morning i tried EDL from custom to Taman daya , there isnt any pandan exit leh .... by the time i drove past Setia Tropika , i knew something was wrong .... kenna tolls for 2 ways leh .....
If i recalled those exits , it should be Jln tebrau exit to go pandan .....
anyway , today EDL very foggy , feels like driving in genting .....

Hi hi, I just came back from Taman Molek on Sun nite. After exiting the checkpt and driving for around 5-6 mins at 100km/hr, you should reach the Pandan exit. There are 2 Pandan exits.The first one says 'Pusat Bandaraya', for which traffic is from Pandan back to JB town area. The 2nd one says in Malay, Blah blah "Pandan", for which traffic is from Pandan towards Jusco Tebrau area.

The 2nd sign is really quite small by the left hand side of the road (in green and yellow), and is easy to miss. Its my 2nd time using EDL. I will pay extra attention on the 2 signs to see if there's anything obvious, but the 2nd sign can be quite difficult to spot at night, esp as it is by the left hand side. Hope it helps. ^_^

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok , today I tried again n drove slowly as it was raining heavily , ok the exit to tebrau is something pasar Pandan. Very jammed. Think a lot on e way to jusco. Me went too!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok , today I tried again n drove slowly as it was raining heavily , ok the exit to tebrau is something pasar Pandan. Very jammed. Think a lot on e way to jusco. Me went too!

Yes yes, it's a small and miserable road sign by the left hand side. On weekdays, the tebrau highway is very jammed. I heard unconfirmed rumours that it is designed to be deliberately jammed, so that they can embark on another grand project to widen the Tebrau highway in the future.....Grand projects provide more 'opportunities' mah.......haha

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal

hahaha .... you want to buy proton car now ? do you believe what proton says ? you judge .

DRIVE IT TO BELIEVE IT !

“First Preve crash – salesman went 120kmh in Sentul, tried to avoid a car and tyre hit the pavement!!!! Tie rod broken beb!!” – Hazeri Samsuri, editor at Top Gear Malaysia.

A set of images picturing a Proton Preve suffering accident damage causing the front right wheel to appear crushed in has been making its way all around the internet today, especially on social media spaces such as Facebook and forums.

Proton Edar’s Facebook account has posted a clarification on what actually happened with the car. According to Proton Edar, the accident happened around 4.45pm yesterday where the red Proton Preve in the picture driven by a Proton Edar sales advisor hit a divider and landed in a such a manner that caused the lower arm to break, resulting in the awkward position of the front wheel in the photo.

We think Proton Edar has used its social media channel quite effectively in this case – rather than try to bury the story it has shown transparency and come out to try to explain what actually happened (many people were coming up with their own conclusions on how the wheel ended up in such a position), and signed off with an advice to everyone to drive safe so that such accidents would not happen.

preve-kemalangan.jpg

532970_3721949449423_1296448157_33555069_1123623148_n.jpg

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear all, tried the EDL yesterday on my way to Jusco Tebrau. You should exit at Exit 1404B, "Pasar Borong Pandan" if you want to get to Jusco Tebrau.....